is the wipe really definite?

"
TPxErebus wrote:
One last time. The wipe will come - nothing else.

All players have to be at least technically equal in terms of level, wealth and other things. Otherwise it would destroy the reason of a big mainladder for each mode if these level 80+ characters still exist and believe me its quite some time past 75-80.

Another point is that the game needs a fix starting point. Where is the motivation to play if you keep all your stuff? Why would you look forward to open beta / release? And another small point...sometimes it seems like there are some items around of earlier game versions and these might not fit the balance anymore.

With currency in detail keeping all would ruin the economy for the new players completely so its not appealing to them at all. Keep in mind it is supposed to get MUCH more players into the game and it has to catch them, make fun. This would not be the case if they get dominated by all us rich players who just buy and craft all our gear together again in a few days.

^This
It's a shame that even if GGG (or any gaming company for that matter) put up a "Read This First" thread outlining in detail what a BETA tester is, this entitled generation will continue make posts like this.

Great post TPxErebus, couldn't have said it better.
So far I haven't really heard any arguments for migrating all beta characters to a legacy server instead of wiping them completely.
The only I can think of really is that it might be too costly for GGG to keep the server up and running for the few(?) that will play on the legacy server.

I won't play on legacy server once OB starts though, so it's all the same to me ;)
Splitting playerbase? Isolating beta testers from the rest? No, wipe is the best solution, really.
✠ ✠

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info