Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

Some 0.11.4 Changes

If GGG does change the way that auras and the blood magic uniques interact in the future (or in this patch) I would recommend that they revamp the blood magic gem.

Some of my rationale:

1) The sacrifice of using a blood magic gem should be that it takes up a socket, not that it costs a ton more.
2) Having the already steep price of auras doubled by a blood magic gem detracts greatly from life builds that already struggle to get enough life pool.
3) Removing cheap access to blood magic auras (via cheap unique items) shifts more of the requirements for a strong build onto top end gear that is difficult to acquire. Some people may see this as a pro or a con. I personally see it as a con.
4) On the other hand, buffing the blood magic gem too severely would make the blood magic keystone passive very unappealing to players.

I would like to see the quality attribute of the blood magic gem tweaked to do something like reduce reservation cost. This would give it a meaningful quality, and help alleviate some of the stress that is going to be put on builds that utilized the unique item mechanics. It would also give the same advantages as the previous unique items, but at the cost of an equipment socket.

What do you guys think?
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
all those crys
the fix of the aura exploit!!!(yes it definitely is an exploit,using auras ,that you cant maintain without switching gear/gems around only for there activation ,is like casting a spell that needs 200 mana/life when you have 100 mana/life at max)
this fix shows that GGG sees it as exploit so all your complaining is stupid/useless
dont get me wrong
it was ok to use it till now(and the person who discovered it was really creative)
but everyone that keeps using it (i.e. the "fix" has another way to work around it/doesnt work at all) should be punished
you can see that fix as a statement of GGG that they dont want this kind abuse/exploit in there game
Nice! was about to sleep but nooooooo ;)

Looking foward to it!

*I kinda wanted to participate in the high level's guys debate about auras and stuff, but i keep dieing at mid levels.. (keep rocking guys!)
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
So you can't use the Reduced Reservation with your Auras on a non-Helm slot, then remove it, and keep the Reduced Reservation anymore?

But one key thing I noticed, it says "when you change areas", if you were to keep Alpha's in your inventory and change it every time you entered a new area/map, you'd still be able to make use of it.

PS. Isn't spec'ing into Reduced Mana Reserved Nodes, casting Auras, then respec'ing out of them, the same thing?

The exploit doesn't work the way you think it does. This fix completely removes it. You have to cast the auras--let's say in the Lab for example while wearing Alpha's Howl. Then go to town, switch it out for your 'actual' helm, making sure the gem slot colors align. It used to keep the +2 after you zoned, but now upon zoning, it resets. Keeping an Alpha's Howl in your inventory does nothing for you, as the exploit requires zone swapping to work.
IGN: Aux
"
sidtherat wrote:
[...]sadly GGG seems to ignore the fact that overpowered items make people use RMT (that they fight against so vigorously)

And you seem to be ignoring the fact that unless you make all items the exact same, there will always be some items that are better, and there will always be people willing to pay for them. Even if they got rid of uniques completely, people would just be buying the better rolled rares.

And this aura-bugging should be fixed. It's the same thing as strength bugging your gear on in D2. Using unintended behavior of a game's mechanic is exploiting. If the company in question decides that the way the system is behaving is fine, then it is no longer 'unintended'.

And honestly, putting together a build that can't function without using that prep of swapping gear, passives or gems was not a very good idea in the first place.
"

4) On the other hand, buffing the blood magic gem too severely would make the blood magic keystone passive very unappealing to players.

Blood Magic Keystone is already extremely unappealing. If you're looking for infinite resource pool eldritch battery outclasses BM by miles.
IGN - Wolens
or if on other account, IGN - Vissej
"
If GGG does change the way that auras and the blood magic uniques interact in the future (or in this patch) I would recommend that they revamp the blood magic gem.

Some of my rationale:

1) The sacrifice of using a blood magic gem should be that it takes up a socket, not that it costs a ton more.
2) Having the already steep price of auras doubled by a blood magic gem detracts greatly from life builds that already struggle to get enough life pool.
3) Removing cheap access to blood magic auras (via cheap unique items) shifts more of the requirements for a strong build onto top end gear that is difficult to acquire. Some people may see this as a pro or a con. I personally see it as a con.

I would like to see the quality attribute of the blood magic gem tweaked to do something like reduce reservation cost. This would give it a meaningful quality, and help alleviate some of the stress that is going to be put on builds that utilized the unique item mechanics. It would also give the same advantages as the previous unique items, but at the cost of an equipment socket.

What do you guys think?

they did the right thing with the bloodmagic mask (it has a 100% costmultiplier on it) so its kinda like the bloodmagic gem with the bonus of not needing a gemslot(but it counts for auras etc as well,if you havent used it with any kind of exploit)
the real problem might be the chest that doesnt have the multiplier ( didint check so i´m not 100% sure here) they should be kinda equal

about the bloodmagic gem multiplier,imo it needs one,but it might be a bit high atm since it stayed the same as before the lifechanges
Im interested in why flask buffs wont work with IF now.

that was one of few remaining reasons why to take IF after the nerf...
"
Boruko wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
[...]sadly GGG seems to ignore the fact that overpowered items make people use RMT (that they fight against so vigorously)

And you seem to be ignoring the fact that unless you make all items the exact same, there will always be some items that are better, and there will always be people willing to pay for them. Even if they got rid of uniques completely, people would just be buying the better rolled rares.

And this aura-bugging should be fixed. It's the same thing as strength bugging your gear on in D2. Using unintended behavior of a game's mechanic is exploiting. If the company in question decides that the way the system is behaving is fine, then it is no longer 'unintended'.

And honestly, putting together a build that can't function without using that prep of swapping gear, passives or gems was not a very good idea in the first place.

except there is a HUGE difference between good vs better and good vs out-of-this-planet better

shavrones/auxium/soul taker/kaoms/thunderfists are OUT OF THIS PLANET. they break the power curve. they are so good that it is a matter of stupidity to not use them when available.

there are powerful items in this game - searing touch, tharins shiver, astramentis and many many more. are they broken? NO. i have nothing against powerful items, these mentioned are powerful but have their drawbacks and limitations. using them is a 'brainer', you have to pay a price for them to reap the benefits (like no reists/damage/IIR/IIQ with astramentis)

tell me, what is the drawback of soul taker? or shavrones fappings? that SV doesnt have 1000ES? is that a drawback?

tell me what is the drawback of sporker build? I wish that they made totems DO NOT use IIR/IIQ..
"
ciel289 wrote:

they did the right thing with the bloodmagic mask (it has a 100% costmultiplier on it) so its kinda like the bloodmagic gem with the bonus of not needing a gemslot(but it counts for auras etc as well,if you havent used it with any kind of exploit)

it applies to SKILLS only. auras are not skills and price penalty does not apply during reservation. this makes malachi so popular for putting auras on life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info