Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

i dont have bringer of the rain helmet for what lvl is the helmet? if i got the helmet i go for dual strike i just switch the gems
i mean i switch gems now with the suit i got now :D
R.I.P Soul Taker
check this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/304930/page/27

good job GGG, completely destroying a great weapon
"
Aerinqq wrote:
R.I.P Soul Taker

250 DPS is not too bad. Most people don't have the currency to be using 2 350 DPS weapons anyways, anyone who did is using a legacy version.

Most people running the build are using a 280-300 DPS axe/sword. The 250 DPS soul taker still gets you more damage than one of those and the convenience of never worrying about mana. If anything this just drastically drops the price of future Soul Takers so more people can use them.

I'd be willing to spend 5-10ish exalts on a 250DPS soul taker vs 100+ exalts on the 350 version any day. Mix it with a 300 DPS sword and you are doing incredible damage and the build is no longer insanely expensive. Soul Taker is not just a damage thing, it is a quality of life item. I would take a 250 DPS Soul Taker over a 300 DPS sword any day. Also that Soul Taker may be a very low roll. They may still go as high as 275 DPS which is still very good.

With that being said I am very happy to have a solid legacy version.
IGN: FVX
Twitch: im2P
Last edited by x2P on Oct 24, 2013, 3:52:42 PM
"
x2P wrote:
"
Aerinqq wrote:
R.I.P Soul Taker

250 DPS is not too bad. Most people don't have the currency to be using 2 350 DPS weapons anyways, anyone who did is using a legacy version.

Most people running the build are using a 280-300 DPS axe/sword. The 250 DPS soul taker still gets you more damage than one of those and the convenience of never worrying about mana. If anything this just drastically drops the price of future Soul Takers so more people can use them.

I'd be willing to spend 5-10ish exalts on a 250DPS soul taker vs 100+ exalts on the 350 version any day. Mix it with a 300 DPS sword and you are doing incredible damage and the build is no longer insanely expensive. Soul Taker is not just a damage thing, it is a quality of life item. I would take a 250 DPS Soul Taker over a 300 DPS sword any day. Also that Soul Taker may be a very low roll. They may still go as high as 275 DPS which is still very good.

With that being said I am very happy to have a solid legacy version.

in fact, 250 DPS is RLY bad, considering u can get 300 DPS swords/axe for 1-2 ex which doesnt require much farm at all...350 DPS vs 250 DPS is HUGE difference, if the new one would get at least around 310-320 DPS it would be great weapon but this is just not end game weapon anymore lets be honest...just my opinion though
I haven't played in awhile. How is this in the new leagues? What skills should I be using to level since cleave was nerfed?
Stop thinking in terms of just weapon dps.
It really is that good. Assuming you're using Bringer of Rain, it opens up a gem slot for added fire damage instead of mana leech. ( not everyone has godly, well itemized jewelry with mana leech) And if you're using 2 auras, no more running out of mana or barely scraping by.
Plus it has cold resist. Plus it causes chilled.
Nerf it compared to the insanely OP thing it was before and suddenly it's worthless?
Hell who am I to argue, I'll take your "trash".

I'm saving up for post patch version and will be more than happy with it.
I "feel" like it's worth about 10 exalt but who knows, and nerfed versions need to flood the market still..it's been like one day since patch.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 24, 2013, 4:27:10 PM
"
It really is that good. Assuming you're using Bringer of Rain, it opens up a gem slot for added fire damage instead of mana leech. ( not everyone has godly, well itemized jewelry with mana leech) And if you're using 2 auras, no more running out of mana or barely scraping by.
Nerf it compared to the insanely OP thing it was before and suddenly it's worthless?

I "feel" like it's worth about 10 exalt but who knows, and nerfed versions need to flood the market still..it's been like one day since patch.

I had 1% mana leech just from ring that I bought for 10 chaos and it was enough to sustain the cleave before with added fire, multistrike with no problem....oh and my weapons beeing 297 DPS sword and 312 DPS axe cost me together 2 exalt...how is this godly?
"
Aerinqq wrote:
"

I had 1% mana leech just from ring that I bought for 10 chaos and it was enough to sustain the cleave before with added fire, multistrike with no problem....oh and my weapons beeing 297 DPS sword and 312 DPS axe cost me together 2 exalt...how is this godly?

#1 I said godly jewlery not godly weapons. Learn to read.
#2 good luck Dualstriking post patch with 1% mana leech and 118 mana left after Wrath and Grace.
You don't run 2 auras? again learn to read. I said "if you're using 2 auras"
Gonna stand around alot with the voice actor telling you how you don't have enough mana.
Grace and Hatred with 1% mana leech..I had a chuckle.

While you're freting over a couple thousand dps on your character sheet, ( face it, that's all we're talking about here) with your coveted 350 dps weapon instead, I'm causing chilled, and Dualstriking for free with 2 auras and mana a non issue.

Also, why would you be DW cleaving, post patch? Cleave sucks now.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 24, 2013, 4:43:58 PM
"
"
Aerinqq wrote:
"

#1 I said godly jewlery not godly weapons. Learn to read.
#2 good luck Dualstriking post patch with 1% mana leech and 118 mana left after Wrath and Grace.
Gonna stand around alot with the voice actor telling you how you don't have enough mana.

maybe thats why I am saying all that? pre patch I had great damage and didnt even need soul taker to sustain it, now I cant run it obviously cos they completely destroyed cleave so I need to switch to another core skill but thats not sustainable without Soul Taker, which has horrible damage now...so either I go with Soul Taker, can sustain it but have no damage at all or I get the legacy one (which is pretty much impossibru for me cos too expensive)...gonna try it with blood magic, if it sucks time to reroll some other class

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info