Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
Balantakos wrote:
I'm Gonna wait for the final tree,
I dont wanna use my regret's if something change :D

Me too. I have 96 points to spend, I don't want to screw it up. I miss playing my duelist, but I'm almost level 80 and I don't want to do something I can't afford to fix.
"
Xcellers
Spoiler
Yeah ive taken the time to get inspired and to look at the passives with fresher eyes, initally i wasnt super pleased with x2P´s shortcut to RT and Bodox´s path to the Mara area, but i have grown accept the pro´s of them, compared to the cons of it, so i readjusted my build and it seems i have reached a convergence with both x2P and Bodox - props out to both for solid pathing and time investment in the spec!

120/100/80/60 Suggested Passive Trees

Thoughts about the spec
Generally we do seem to have received a decent over all buff - all things considered, the new tree gives a variety of options that is worth considering, very much so as these tree´s are suggested, should you be running an all blade configuration, then by all means reinvest general points in the specialized (and often better) clusters, should you be swamped in resistances on your otherwise nigh-perfect gear, then by all means start dropping and reinvesting.

Going through the setup there are a few areas i can comment a bit about.

Defenses
I have largely gone for a heavy layered defense setup, this means lots of redundancy and fall backs once you have your core items (Old/New BOR).

If we take an extended combat phase with a single target with no negative modifiers, and we decide that our target executes 1000 hits on us on a fight that we initiate (to get blind up-time), each hit will hit for 100 Phys + 100 Elemental.

Then we should see something along the lines of this:
1000 hits will first have to go trough our first layer of defense: The Negators
75% will be evaded by the BOR blind
58% will be blocked by our total block value (Base block + BOR + Passives)

a probability calculation of these two events happening will give us a 89.5% success rate

This means that out of 1000 hits, we will only be hit 105 times (RNG BE PRAISED) this equals a total of 10.500 Physical damage and 10.500 Elemental Damage.

Now its time for our second layer of defense to kick in: The Reducers

This is our (capped Merc) resists: 76% and our Physical Damage Reduction (conservative estimate) 45% from armour.

leaving us with 2520 Elemental Damage taken and 5775 Physical damage taken

However we will also be having Endurance charges running providing anything from 0%-20% reduction, lowering our damage taken by 0-1155 Life points.

The damage taken is taken could now go directly to soaking, but rather we have a third layer of defence: The Recuperators

While we are suffering through the total of >8295 life points worth of damage, we will also be regaining health through various means:

Life Leech @ 20% of total hp/s
Life Regen @ 5,5% of total hp/s
Endurance Regen @ 0-1% of total hp/s

at 5000 life it would be something along the lines of:
Life Leech @ 1000 hp/s
Life Regen @ 275 hp/s
Endurance Regen @ 0-50 hp/s

or an average total 1300 hp/s

In the grand context it would be something along the lines of:

7720 Total Damage taken, from an enemy that does say 5 ApS making our fight 200 seconds long, means that we would be suffering 38,6 DP/S while maintaining 1300 HP/S.

Of course the damage values are extremely low, but as these are only for illustrative purposes i hope everybody gets the Jest of it, should this somehow fail (for whatever reasons), then i highly suggest to have Cast on Death + Portal gem setup...

Offence
There is really not much to say about offence, with proper gear DPS is not alpha/omega, hitting 25.000 DPS is quite attainable with a couple of PDPS weapons and a BOR (any), while i had no trouble what so ever running maps with 12K dps (no BOR).

On the offensive side, there is the question of the Life Leech node, the 2% may come in handy, but it must be kept in mind that if we are above the Life Leech cap, then we will suffer from severe diminishing return rates, this point can be invested in a multitude of places, but this is largely up to individual discretion.

As with the previous tree´s, weapon choices are still important
Dual Wield mechanics favor super fast main-hands and slower/hard hitting off-hands for APS Synergy.

At the same time, Melee AOE mechanics favor long weapons over short for extended radius, it is there for suggested to have a Sword, Thrusting One-Handed with a base range of 7 (9) with passives, for optimal AOE Radius.

Utility
The passives hold limited utility skills, largely these will come from our skill gems and support gems

All in all
I am quite pleased with the final result, tho i will most likely move 2 pts from Heart of Oak and invest them in 2 "Sword Damage and Life" nodes near "Cruel Blade", should I go past my leech cap and my resistance caps, I would likely reinvest the LL node and the 5-7 18% Res/Block nodes into the blade barrier cluster and into a single +6 all res node.

In regards to the current top suggestions by x2P and Bodox, then I see neither of the setups as weaker or sub-par, rather slightly different focuses and priorities, a direct comparison between the specs is sadly hard to do, due obvious reasons (111/118/120 point builds) but either should serve quite well, all 3 specs have converged so the overall layout is quite similar so there are now only minor disputed areas and for most it is only a matter of taste and preference, for me at least it has been great to follow the developments and theorycrafting since 1.1 launched - enjoy!

Great post Xcellers!
I realy liked your new path up to scion (cant belive that i completly missed that).
Have been trying to find new paths and removing less efficient point based on your latest build.

I dont belive it is as good as your build but offers a variation that might open up to other paths that i cant see at the moment.

Summery of stats diffrence compare to Xcellers latest 120p build.
-12% Max hp
-24% Sword dmg
-2% Attack speed
-9% Physical dmg
-30 Int

+6% DW block
+8% Maximum mana

At the moment the cost of getting that extra 6% of block is just to large.
Thanks man,

Really enjoyed your input on the spec too, as x2P mentioned, there was some solid pathing that neither of us had considered so it does seem that we are being mutually inspired and that we are converging on the same general ideas, in regards to your adaption, then yeah it opens up for a lot more variation, but you are right about the price of that extra DW block, at the moment, i am actually considering if it is even worth it to go for either of the 6% block node clusters, as the diminishing returns with BOR are crazy steep.

essentially 6% block only translates into 1,5% effective negating power, so i am having some doubts if the investment would be better seen somewhere else.

However without BOR, we are actually seeing a much higher return (while still a diminished return) so here it would more than likely be worth it to invest in it (particularly considering how hard it is to get block).

Again, for a baseline spec, the block works, and there should be room for variation (i surely do not hope that anybody is following these suggested tree´s mindlessly, cause i doubt that is the point that any of us had intended) - for me personally, i plan only to use swords, for i would most likely reinvest the 4+1 (-18% FR) points from my current spec into "Wicked Blade" and a couple of "Sword Damage and Life" nodes, so for me it would be:

-6% block
-10% Increased Melee Physical damage
-18% Fire Resistance

+48% Increased Physical damage with Swords
+12% Maximum HP
+10% Attack Speed

Essentially the FR has no value for me at its current stages, the block is only 1,5% effective because of BOR, and the Melee Phys Dmg is greatly outweighed by the change.

Adjustments such as this, is a big part of the specs that are being suggested, everyone should min/max as it fits their current gearing and needs (that is exactly why we have Orbs of Regret) - of course some of the changes may be difficult, but there is a lot of active theorycrafters in this thread (x2P and Bodoxto name some of the main ones) that are able to assist :)
-/ Sebuda
Here is a build I drafted.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2BFx2rxVeXR35gQWVNEdWE2b6nWNsl38qQ0k3v41PfwA9jcJuDNJOE77ZBdO1OKnrvW68ppWBL3Q0FLfzFQKBW-megtxfvTiFgnrnuDod2XPk4lijbEiDveiP2Sn3f716L037v8B3KGE3P-HByeK5aSHhJA4dI7meAG62VZqgHg3w26AHnpzAkm57NFCByu4CK0iFQR7nN901qHlcNGJGhbagYzNuRzvIvi0-77aSsVEmQdPcyvJ8aPueucqnvDiku5FF82Scv459fP_ZIjM89_Fhjxth2K0F0

Stats comparison with your build.
+66% increased maximum life
+70% increased armor
+10% increased melee physical damage
+15% increased physical damage with one handed melee weapons
-12% increased physical damage
-27% increased attack speed
-24% increased evasion rating and armor

Personally, I think going up to the scion wheel is a waste now with the nerfs. Its much better to get life elsewhere.

Last edited by weaslz on Mar 7, 2014, 3:22:01 PM
"
Hello blenders

Thought ask some gear upgrade help here since feel like every slot now needs 1 or 2ex or more to get upgraded. Lets link my current gear first:

I am lvl87. Passive tree is just like OP's, going next for Templar's area I guess.

Armor: 4625 unbuff
Fire res: 77% (98%)
Cold res: 77% (87%)
Lightning res: 77% (98%)
Chaos res: -18%
Life reg: 244.2
Life: 4470

DPS: 3854 (from char win, dunno what to look, Dual Strike dps 20845 unbuff)
APS: 3.51

Did few days ago 71lvl rare Dry Woods map, which had mods like vulnerability, more monster dmg, -to max res etc. Once got killed by puncture mob very quick, then started use "remove bleed" flask hehe, and almost got killed several times. Been thinking save my hard earned Exalted Orbs for Soul Taker, got 28 pure ex atm and with some stuff sale, prolly 12 more about. But if i could get some gear help here to what improve, prolly I do that for better Soul Taker currency farm.

Do I first upgrade my current gear with rare gear than buy Soul Taker? And what do I upgrade?

Well before 1.1 I got these ups for my gear:

HP rise to 4.9k, Dual Strike dps lower only about 500 or so. Had boots waiting for cold res weapon, whit I could reach 5.2k hp, still waiting it hehe.

After changing passives as OP's updated version, missing some life nodes close Scion on that circle, my stats are:

3633hp (-1.3k)
5188 armor unbuff

normal DPS 5188
Dual Strike DPS 26806 unbuff, with Hatred 36k so A LOT more

Only did Piety runs so far so dunno how that hp reduce effects on my survability
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrChalyps
I'm getting:

Level 88
Block: 52%
Fire: 77%
Cold: 75%
Lightning: 76%
Chaos: 15%
Physical: 24%
Dual Strike DPS: 40.9k
HP: 4239
HP Regen: 194
4 endurance charges and 4 frenzy charges

With charges and auras (Hatred and Grace) I get these changes:
Dual Strike DPS: 55.5k
Physical Resistance: 52%
Lightning and Cold resistance up to 77%
HP Regen: 228

I'm going for the OP build. I still dont have the armour nodes from marauder near the crit reduction and the leather and steel in the duelist area.

However, I'm thinking on dropping the Marauder 4% one hand aspd and the Leather and Steel in the future to get the Steel Skin in the Duelist area. I need those 10 int and i'm currently getting another +30 int that grants me 20 useless int.
"
Xcellers
Spoiler
Thanks man,

Really enjoyed your input on the spec too, as x2P mentioned, there was some solid pathing that neither of us had considered so it does seem that we are being mutually inspired and that we are converging on the same general ideas, in regards to your adaption, then yeah it opens up for a lot more variation, but you are right about the price of that extra DW block, at the moment, i am actually considering if it is even worth it to go for either of the 6% block node clusters, as the diminishing returns with BOR are crazy steep.

essentially 6% block only translates into 1,5% effective negating power, so i am having some doubts if the investment would be better seen somewhere else.

However without BOR, we are actually seeing a much higher return (while still a diminished return) so here it would more than likely be worth it to invest in it (particularly considering how hard it is to get block).

Again, for a baseline spec, the block works, and there should be room for variation (i surely do not hope that anybody is following these suggested tree´s mindlessly, cause i doubt that is the point that any of us had intended) - for me personally, i plan only to use swords, for i would most likely reinvest the 4+1 (-18% FR) points from my current spec into "Wicked Blade" and a couple of "Sword Damage and Life" nodes, so for me it would be:

-6% block
-10% Increased Melee Physical damage
-18% Fire Resistance

+48% Increased Physical damage with Swords
+12% Maximum HP
+10% Attack Speed

Essentially the FR has no value for me at its current stages, the block is only 1,5% effective because of BOR, and the Melee Phys Dmg is greatly outweighed by the change.

Adjustments such as this, is a big part of the specs that are being suggested, everyone should min/max as it fits their current gearing and needs (that is exactly why we have Orbs of Regret) - of course some of the changes may be difficult, but there is a lot of active theorycrafters in this thread (x2P and Bodoxto name some of the main ones) that are able to assist :)

Yes i must start with agreeing with you in terms of posting these builds, for my part it was to help out with getting a "think tank" going so that a more complete build could emerge faster.
The use of 120p builds are mostly due to my personal mind set, where i just like think about best posible end result befor i chop it up.

But i do realy think we are starting to see clearly witch nodes/paths that are key, since they are ending up in most of the builds posted.

That said i do see your point with removing points up in the scion if using BoR, how convenient for this build that it was fire res on the highest point of the wheel! =)

With your input in mind i actualy made 2 more builds =).
Stats are compared with Xcellers latest 120p build.

"

"

Saw weaslz's build so i thought to try one aswell with more HP.

"Edit: Had missplaced one point in the HP build."
Last edited by Bodox on Mar 7, 2014, 6:08:33 PM
"
"
2. Focus on more HP
-6% DW Block
-18% Fire res
-12% Physical dmg with axes/swords
-4% Attack speed with axes/swords
-24% Dmg with swords

+3% Attack speed
+24% Physical dmg
+30% Armour
+36% HP

Maybe it is worth to drop the 3x3% AS wheel and the +10dex in the ranger area and approach Aspect of the Panther from right. U lose only 1% AS and win 1 free passive point.

This is my 120 pts build:

Still thinking about dropping HoO and picking up 18% light and cold res.
"
zegri wrote:
"
"
2. Focus on more HP
-6% DW Block
-18% Fire res
-12% Physical dmg with axes/swords
-4% Attack speed with axes/swords
-24% Dmg with swords

+3% Attack speed
+24% Physical dmg
+30% Armour
+36% HP

Maybe it is worth to drop the 3x3% AS wheel and the +10dex in the ranger area and approach Aspect of the Panther from right. U lose only 1% AS and win 1 free passive point.

This is my 120 pts build:

Still thinking about dropping HoO and picking up 18% light and cold res.

Totally agree with you, Derp.
Why are you theorycrafting 120p builds when most likely you'll help Oak 2-3 times (thus making max points 117-118)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info