[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Well I managed to make my own wrapper following the instructions but in them it still sais to use the wineskin inside the already downloaded wrapper to install. How do I open the files with the wrapper I made?
Double-click your wrapper to open it. You see the Wineskin window then select Install software. There select Choose Setup Executable and search for the Path of Exile installer you downloaded from this site. You get the file after you have supported GGG and got your key.

Then you see the setup screen for Path of Exile. Install that, close Wineskin and double-click your wrapper again. It should begin downloading the game files.

I posted a simple install guide on page 3 of this thread. Check it out too, if you haven't already.
Thank you very much for the help I got it to work its installing now. I'm hopeing it runs smooth.

Well i bought the beta key and it finally installed, but when it opened it i got errors: the 3D3 device has non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released, when i hit ok another error came up: Failed resetting Direct3D device objects. also Dxutcreatedevice failed.

any ideas as to what could be causing these?
Last edited by JohnForsaken on Sep 29, 2012, 6:45:17 PM
Please post your system specifications, like CPU, GPU, RAM and so on.
"
JohnForsaken wrote:
Thank you very much for the help I got it to work its installing now. I'm hopeing it runs smooth.

Well i bought the beta key and it finally installed, but when it opened it i got errors: the 3D3 device has non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released, when i hit ok another error came up: Failed resetting Direct3D device objects. also Dxutcreatedevice failed.

any ideas as to what could be causing these?

The wrapper needs specific overrides to run. If you want to experiment with Wine versions, just download my wrapper, as it have everything setup for working, and then just switch engines as you like.

BTW: i am not using 1.7 but CX11.2 :)
First Time I launched your wrapper it ran no problem, but when I tried it just now I got a tiny window... with a black screen and 2 random white lines on it. Have you any idea what might be causing this to occur?
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Last edited by Faerie_Storm on Oct 5, 2012, 7:21:22 PM
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
First Time I launched your wrapper it ran no problem, but when I tried it just now I got a tiny window... with a black screen and 2 random white lines on it. Have you any idea what might be causing this to occur?

dunno why that happens, try hit cmd+enter
I am having an issue with the mouse being off from the buttons. So when I go to click the mouse click on a button is not registering a click unless I am a bit below the button. This is not the case when I run it on windows. Same results with both the built in X11 or installed xQuartz. I am working on getting images. Will upload as soon as I get them.

Last edited by stormbard on Oct 11, 2012, 1:05:41 PM
"
stormbard wrote:
I am having an issue with the mouse being off from the buttons. So when I go to click the mouse click on a button is not registering a click unless I am a bit below the button. This is not the case when I run it on windows. Same results with both the built in X11 or installed xQuartz. I am working on getting images. Will upload as soon as I get them.

What resolution are you using in Path of Exile, is it same as your screen's native resolution or lower?

I have noticed that when I use a lower resolution, at startup the game screen does not center properly, so that the actual mouse is different from the one on screen.
Hi, I downloaded your client for Mac, but it says that it doesn't work because I have the read-only version or something. I tried to download the wineskin application that was in the folder from your client, so I clicked "Choose Setup Executable" and then clicked on PathofExileInstaller.msi

This is the message I get:
ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

Help?
Last edited by slayed1994 on Oct 11, 2012, 2:13:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info