[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

I downloaded the play on mac version with xquarts... I have a few questions - what windows version should i use, what wine version should i use?

and I keep getting this message "audio/sound/effects/monsterssounds/zombies/zombie/neutral_04.ogg". Unable to create buffer:40963

Then it shuts down.
"
Guntown wrote:
I downloaded the play on mac version with xquarts... I have a few questions - what windows version should i use, what wine version should i use?

and I keep getting this message "audio/sound/effects/monsterssounds/zombies/zombie/neutral_04.ogg". Unable to create buffer:40963

Then it shuts down.

set openal to native in winecfg
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
JQRD1337 wrote:
I am really wanting to play this game i bought a supporter pack to support the game and after a day of playing my PC broke down so now im stuck with my macbook, i can't seem to get the port working everyone else says it works fine but for me it does not. Has anyone else been able to run Path of Exile on mountain lion? Thanks - JQRD

The game works on Mountain Lion.

Which MacBook do you have? Is it a white/black/unibody model? If it is white/black, then you probably are out of luck.

You can see your specs in Top left corner -> About This Mac -> More Information

I have a unibody macbook pro

8GB RAM DDR3
2.5GHz Intel Core i5

it just will not load up and then if it does decide to load up it crashes and says "unable to create Vertex shader . D3DERR_INVALIDCALL invalid call'

any ideas?
@JQRD1337

Page 1 of this thread:

D3derr_invalidcall

This may or may not help.
1) Right click the wrapper->Show contents
2) Open wineskin
3) select Advanced->Tools->Winetricks
4) from settings check glsl=enabled and click Run
5) close all Wineskin windows, and try to launch the game

Try that out.
"
julus wrote:
"
Guntown wrote:

Then it shuts down.

What is openal?? and does wincfg stand for wine configuration? Im looking there is 6 tabs - drives, audio, about, applications, libraries, graphcis, desktop integration.... How do i do that?
Last edited by Guntown on Dec 26, 2012, 12:11:44 PM
Latest crash occurred entering the Cave in Act II. This time I got a message I haven't seen with other crashes though I think it's interesting my only problems seem to be when entering certain instances or using certain items (still crashes using portal scrolls).

"
"
Seeley wrote:
Latest crash occurred entering the Cave in Act II. This time I got a message I haven't seen with other crashes though I think it's interesting my only problems seem to be when entering certain instances or using certain items (still crashes using portal scrolls).

"

Look 2 posts above your one :)
"
Guntown wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
Guntown wrote:

Then it shuts down.

What is openal?? and does wincfg stand for wine configuration? Im looking there is 6 tabs - drives, audio, about, applications, libraries, graphcis, desktop integration.... How do i do that?

Use google, common sense.

Or press this magic link (hopefully its working :)

Edit: Fixed magic link
Last edited by julus on Dec 26, 2012, 1:19:19 PM
"
Look 2 posts above your one :)

Tried that fix already and it doesn't work. It worked when the crash was during the first loading screen (when opening the game for the first time) but it hasn't worked for the few repeatable crashes I've experienced since.
Thanks to the dev for making this.

My friend has a Mac but doesn't have any special software like wine or anything.

Can anyone tell me what I need to download/install to get this working on his computer?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info