[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
timsu38 wrote:
"
"

It says that I have received a packet that is too large to deserialise. Any ideas folks?

This was solved about 2/3 pages ago.

1. Download and open this torrent via a bittorrent client (µtorrent, vuze, etc..): https://www.pathofexile.com/public/PoE-3.0.0-preseed.torrent
2. Replace the ~16MB Content.ggpk with your downloaded 7/8GB Content.ggpk (PathOfExile.app right-click -> show package contents -> drive_c/Program Files/GGG/PoE/

Thank you ! Now it works.
Everything works for me except I cannot run my sound through my interface and external speakers, it only works through my internal sound card. Is there any way to fix this? With my Universal Audio Apollo set as my sound source, it says "no sound driver connected."

Thanks!
"
timsu38 wrote:
"
inspiration wrote:

Just for you not to feel alone, exactly the same here.
Also Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB GC

Thrilled to know if anyone has been able to solve this

Allright! SO I have done some tweaking, digging, searching, etc..
I HAVE FOUND A FIX for our font/video memory etc.. error messages! (please mind I have changed A LOT of settings in wine itself so I don't know if this alone will fix it, please let me know if it doesn't)

Here are my steps:
1. PathOfExile.app right-click "Show Package Contents"
2. Open the Wineskin.app
3. Open "Advanced", "Tools", "Config Utility (winecfg)"
4. Under the "Application" tab, change the Windows version at the bottom the Windows 10. (It is somehow set to Windows XP)
5. Click "Ok", wait for the "a tool is running" message to dissapear (in the top-left of the wine-settings window).
6. Close the settings window (just the red x int the top-left corner will do)
7. Open PathOfExile.app

I think the default setting to windows xp causes the file to not open correctly somehow.

Again, I have played with a lot of settings like these so please let me know if this alone does not work.

Cheers

Thanks! This helped me (along w/ the torrent of the Content.ggpk) as I had the exact same problem w/ early 2015 macbook pro & intel iris graphics.
Followed these steps and it launched w/ no errors so far.
To anyone using this poe port, or thinking about using it this might be helpful.

I used to use it and averaged 40-60 fps and with high settings using wineskin. Always seems to drop to 5-20 fps when huge fights.

I've been using bootcamp now which is very easy to install. You can use your own hardrive or external for the bootcamp.

For anyone that's afraid of bugs with the latest macbook pro blown out speakers with bootcamp, its not an issue.

I've been using bootcamp and on high settings avg 60 fps.

The performance in towns on bootcamp is so smooth just like on a good gaming rig. Avg 60 fps with crowded towns, on the other hand wineskin will drop fps like crazy and lag when people log in.

So if you really want to play this game smoothly or better than this port just bootcamp plenty of videos of how to install.
Hi, I'd like to know if there's a possibility of running this with XQuartz? (DX11 free equivalent on Mac)
Or is there a way to make it run at more than 25 fps and without the stuttering when opening or moving at all in-game?

I'd really like to be able to play without stuttering, this way I could record the game on mac (Which runs much faster than my Windows bootcamp setup. For some reason Windows is taking only a few percentage of what Mac uses to run. Which kinda sucks...)
Last edited by OneMoreQuest on Sep 12, 2017, 2:21:05 PM
More often then not i get sent back to the login screen on loading screens between places, anyone else get this and maybe know how its fixed? dunno why the hell they wont just add a mac client and stuff.
Hi! ive downloaded and installed everything as instructed, but every time i try to run the game i get this message after the "checking resources" pop up saying
"Exception: Received a packet that is too large to deserialise"

any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated, maybe i just dont have enough space on my laptop?
if anyone could help with this issue i would be greatly appreciative of it. rly wanna try out this game as i was an avid diablo player a while back
For anyone still having this problem and struggling with sweetasbacon's solution, your default unzipping program may be struggling with the file size. Tar (which should already be installed) did the trick for me. Here's how I did it.

1) Download the torrent sweetasbacon linked.
2) locate the zip file in your finder
3) Open up the terminal (command-space, type terminal, hit enter)
4) type "tar -xzvf "
5) Drag and drop the zip file on the terminal
6) Press enter in the terminal to unzip
7) Copy Content.ggpk into Applications/Path of Exile/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile
"
timsu38 wrote:
"
inspiration wrote:

Just for you not to feel alone, exactly the same here.
Also Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB GC

Thrilled to know if anyone has been able to solve this

Allright! SO I have done some tweaking, digging, searching, etc..
I HAVE FOUND A FIX for our font/video memory etc.. error messages! (please mind I have changed A LOT of settings in wine itself so I don't know if this alone will fix it, please let me know if it doesn't)

Here are my steps:
1. PathOfExile.app right-click "Show Package Contents"
2. Open the Wineskin.app
3. Open "Advanced", "Tools", "Config Utility (winecfg)"
4. Under the "Application" tab, change the Windows version at the bottom the Windows 10. (It is somehow set to Windows XP)
5. Click "Ok", wait for the "a tool is running" message to dissapear (in the top-left of the wine-settings window).
6. Close the settings window (just the red x int the top-left corner will do)
7. Open PathOfExile.app

I think the default setting to windows xp causes the file to not open correctly somehow.

Again, I have played with a lot of settings like these so please let me know if this alone does not work.

Cheers

Legend! Thank you so much.

Also, I received the error "received a packet that is too large to deserialize" - however, I clicked "Show package contents" > drive_c > program files > GGG > POE > and deleted the 16mb content.ggpk, opened the client again and the game installed properly.

After that, I got a bunch of font errors and my PoE.exe had to close, which the solution for is quoted above. Now the game is working just fine. Thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info