[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

-Can anyone here answer !!
Anyone here a live !! weird
Hi guys. How you play on mac os this game? I tested on el capitan and game runs terribly. When shoot, fps drops to 1-2. Most games runs like shit on mac os. This is not opinion, this is a fact.
I have other pc with decent hardware and windows 7 64bit and game run soooo smooth on 144hz monitor. ofc if can keep fps 100+.

I do not want to mention that so many simple tools not have alternatives under mac os, like afterburner, hwinfo64, fraps, hdtune etc. Just mac os is not for gaming and if you try to play under mac it's so painful. If you think ''different'', ok.
Last edited by nyTka on Aug 11, 2016, 3:07:55 PM
"
Protools wrote:
-Can anyone here answer !!

Right-click on POE.app and select "Show Package Contents". Open Wineskin.app. Click on "Advanced", then in the "Configuration" tab you should see a "EXE flags" field. Just put the extra command here, each separated by a space. Try doing a test run to see if it runs fine and quit Wineskin.

Hope it helps :)
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
Last edited by Licoffe on Aug 13, 2016, 12:38:41 PM
I'll try it ..thank you ...
Last edited by Protools on Aug 15, 2016, 12:58:43 PM
Hello, i wanted to ask here if anyone solved the issue about the razer synapse problem, i already uninstalled it but the problem continues, before buying my razer kraken 7.1 and installing everything worked fine, then I read that problem and said fuck, lets uninstall the razer synapse because i wont prohibit myself of playing this delicious game just because of some damn app, but now I dont have even a trace of the program, I dont even use the headset in the mac but the game crashes the same way as before, thanks in advance!
Not working after last update? (07/09/2016)

Here i receive a lot of errors messages =/

Ty
What is this new command everyone is talking about??
Idk if anyone even reads things on this post or if anyone even has an answer but I'm getting really desperate here.

So I installed this version of PoE just now on my mac (16gb of ram, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB and 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5). It loads, updates and launches just fine, I can also get on any of my characters but once in game, everytime something ''new'' happens, I have a huge drop in fps (to the point where it freezes) and I know it's not caused by lag paired with lockstep. If im just sitting in town not moving, it runs smoothly, but as soon as I move, go in dried lake and do anything, it keeps stuttering/freezing. I'm pretty sure it's because the game doesn't preload effects. Anyone here has an idea on what I could do/how to make it preload ? (I tried a lot of things including '' --waitforpreload'').

I also tried installing it on a parallel desktop with windows 10 and I have the exact same problem.
Last edited by miktomik on Sep 21, 2016, 12:56:26 PM
"
miktomik wrote:
Idk if anyone even reads things on this post or if anyone even has an answer but I'm getting really desperate here.

So I installed this version of PoE just now on my mac (16gb of ram, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB and 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5). It loads, updates and launches just fine, I can also get on any of my characters but once in game, everytime something ''new'' happens, I have a huge drop in fps (to the point where it freezes) and I know it's not caused by lag paired with lockstep. If im just sitting in town not moving, it runs smoothly, but as soon as I move, go in dried lake and do anything, it keeps stuttering/freezing. I'm pretty sure it's because the game doesn't preload effects. Anyone here has an idea on what I could do/how to make it preload ? (I tried a lot of things including '' --waitforpreload'').

I also tried installing it on a parallel desktop with windows 10 and I have the exact same problem.

Have you tried turning down the graphics dramatically? I know that if I go into the productionconfig.ini file and change texture quality from 1 (highest quality) to ~5 the game runs MUCH smoother; additionally turning off the sound by opening wine (right click path of exile) --> show package contents --> double click wineskin --> click advanced --> enter --nosound in exe flags makes a HUGE difference. The sound may make a bigger difference than the graphics but both individually help a lot. It sucks to play without sound, you lose a lot of immersion in the game but thats the way it goes for now, hopefully the directX update will help out us mac players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info