[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

i've just started using this on my mid 2012 macbook air (13") and FPS drops to 1-4 and often freezes whenever fighting monsters. I know its not really a performance laptop but its higher spec than some of the machines in these comments. Any suggestions how i can improve this? i've tried lowering the graphics way down in production_config.ini but it didn't help
MBPr 13 2013.
Download v7, work good, but can't switch resolution/make fullscreen, see "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects".
BUT, when i download v6, it does not run and does not react.
What i can do?
I log in, the rain and everything on the home screen works perfectly, then when I log into a char and it starts to load in the map, it opens and i get about 2 frames and it freezes and then crashes, and help?
I installed the game last night and played for a few hours without any problems. I had a blast! Thanks to everyone who helped make PoE playable on Macs.

The thing is, now the game crashes as soon as I approach the log-in screen. Does anyone have a solution for this?
People should know PlayonMac is a good solution also. It uses WINE but is very easy to set up. You don't need to run bootcamp and boot into windows. Just FYI. For someone without Bootcamp it is great. Plays PoE perfectly.

You are only limited by CPU and GPU so may get some FPS drops depending. I can play on an older MacBook with Intel Iris 6100, and 27.GHz i5.
"
k3npo wrote:
I'm on a MacBook Pro Retina 15" (Mid 2014)
2.8 Ghz Core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB

I crash regularly if there are too many mobs on the screen or too many effects from the mobs. Especially frustrating during major boss fights. I've tried lowest settings and will see if the crashes persist but it's very frustrating. The worst part is how long I then have to wait while it re-loads the game from scratch.

Do most folks prefer to dual boot instead for better performance? I'm strongly considering that.

I run POE on a late 2012 iMac, 2.9 Ghz Core i5, 8Gb DDR3, Nvidia GT 650m running OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) via Windows Bootcamp with Win 10.
The game runs fine and I rarely have any problems with screen freezes or crashes. There used to be a problem with a long loading screen at startup (4-5 minutes) but since the Prophecy update that has changed and now the game loads in under 20 seconds.
"
Penguian wrote:
So im in a bit of a weird place, i usually play on my pc and my account is through steam, so I've downloaded Play on Mac -> downloaded steam through play on mac -> downloaded path of exile through pc steam.

and it works great, one issue i don't have a loot_filter tab, for selecting my filter O.o

Trying it with PlayOnMac and i think i upgraded wine to use 1.9.7? Tried a few different settings like -gc 1, --nosound but still have 5-25 FPS. No sound definitely helps but I really like the sound haha.

On Yosemite 10.10.5, i7 2.8Ghz, 16GB, NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB.

Am I missing something magical to get "decent" FPS?
Last edited by roya82 on Jul 27, 2016, 1:12:32 AM
Using this to trade while I'm on the go and it works works perfectly, tyvm!
The new update requires to enable to features by adding certain command lines to the .exe file. How to do this for this Mac version? Thanks!
Hi everyone ,
How i can add new command line optimization 2.3.3 update >> I know there is a way through terminal maybe but i don't know how .. ty

Last edited by Protools on Aug 5, 2016, 8:34:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info