[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Baroque wrote:
@Staraven
Ok, so we know the Wineskin in the new folder won't open for you. Can you open the Wineskin app (double-clicking) in your old folder?

Yes - i get a small menu with Install Software, Set Screen Options, Advanced, and Quit
@Staraven,
Great, so quit out of the open Wineskin if you haven't already. Drag the corrupt Wineskin from the new folder into the trash, then drag the Wineskin that you were able to open into the same window that you just removed the corrupt one from.

Close window and try launching the new POE. (Fingers crossed!)
Thats the challenge - I can't delete nor replace the contents in the newly downloaded DMG - The item “Wineskin” can’t be moved to the Trash because it can’t be deleted.
@staraven
Ah, I see. That stinks. Have you gone through all the Mac suggestions about deleting files?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201583
Deathrasher, I have the exact same issue. I can generally play for 30 minute stretches at best. I can't make it through the labyrinth. It's incredibly frustrating.
"
Staraven wrote:
Thats the challenge - I can't delete nor replace the contents in the newly downloaded DMG - The item “Wineskin” can’t be moved to the Trash because it can’t be deleted.

@Staraven, Baroque: Sorry, my mistake, I just realized I didn't precise to copy the Path Of Exile.app from the DMG to a writable location, such as your desktop or the Applications folder. The thing is that DMG files are usually read-only (non-writable) volumes, so you can't remove or add anything to them. Could you try that and tell me if it helps?
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
"
Deathrasher59 wrote:
I might be a little "off-topic", because I see that some of you are still struggling to get POE working but, for others... Have you also a big lack of performance since Ascendancy ?

Before the update, I was able to play 3-4h without many problems, but the game usually just "stop" after that playing time, or a bit before if I've loaded too much differents areas.

Now, I can barely play 1h-1h30, despite the fact that the CPU or heat doesn't seems to get high before the same "freeze game" occurs. I can't even go farther than the first encounter with the boss in the labyrinth. Actually, I can say that it happens after, let's say, an average of 4 areas loaded. I also have the fps/lag spikes, but it was always there so... not a big deal (but I agree, that's really hard to play in high difficulty).

Anyone experiencing the same problems ?

I didn't have the time to try the new patch so far, but I'll likely be able to later today. I'll report if I run into any troubles such as the ones you're describing ;)
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
For those still having problems, I highly recommend retrying the original "Path of Exile v7 CX" download on the first page. I downloaded it and had exactly zero problems installing and running (aside from the normal frame time spikes and occasional crash). It seems like the problem was really just the 2.1.2d patch.
"
Licoffe wrote:
"
Staraven wrote:

@Staraven, Baroque: Sorry, my mistake, I just realized I didn't precise to copy the Path Of Exile.app from the DMG to a writable location, such as your desktop or the Applications folder. The thing is that DMG files are usually read-only (non-writable) volumes, so you can't remove or add anything to them. Could you try that and tell me if it helps?

Sweet! When I did that, i was able to delete the new Wineskin and drag the old one in - soon as I did that the game launched and downloaded the new version - took awhile. I launched the game and like others, have some black tiles and some flickering display at times - looks like it flashes to a windowed screen then back to full. Once I got into the game I didn't have any video issues.

I am encountering no sound. I see a Sound drive not initialized or something like that.

@LiCoffe your help was spot on and super appreciated!
"
C1rcean wrote:
For those still having problems, I highly recommend retrying the original "Path of Exile v7 CX" download on the first page. I downloaded it and had exactly zero problems installing and running (aside from the normal frame time spikes and occasional crash). It seems like the problem was really just the 2.1.2d patch.

I can confirm this solved all the problems for me as well. Just had to setup the video as instructed on page 1.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info