[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

I can't get past step 3 really. I unzip the file, double click to mount. Do a right Click and Show Package Contents. I see a folder of Contents, folder of drive_c, and Wineskin app. I can open or Show package Contents. When I open Wineskin, I'm greeted with "Wineskin" is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image. My options are cancel or Eject Disk Image.
If I Show Package Contents of Wineskin, I see a Contents folder. Nothing jumps out as something I can update.

Lost without by POE.... hope you can guide me on this
@Staraven
This is exactly what happened to me. I ended up fixing it by trashing the Wineskin that comes with the download, going back to my "old" POE app, show contents, grab that Wineskin and drag it into the new download.
"
Staraven wrote:
I can't get past step 3 really. I unzip the file, double click to mount. Do a right Click and Show Package Contents. I see a folder of Contents, folder of drive_c, and Wineskin app. I can open or Show package Contents. When I open Wineskin, I'm greeted with "Wineskin" is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image. My options are cancel or Eject Disk Image.
If I Show Package Contents of Wineskin, I see a Contents folder. Nothing jumps out as something I can update.

Lost without by POE.... hope you can guide me on this

@Baroque, Staraven: This is very strange. Which system version are you running? On my side, I use 10.11.3. Did you try to open the wineskin app several times and always get the same message?
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
Hey guys!

I hope you can help me out with this, i'm stuck. I tried both the v7 and the CX version on my Mac Air 2013 and the fps lagspikes were unbearable. I tried the bootcamp method, i got a really nice fps with that despite the fact that the character models and the spell effects weren't visible (blanked out white character models, blue fireball effects, etc.) . I would say that the setup is strong enough to make the game playable on this Mac, yet i can't make it work. I have a nice fps with the CX version, around 70ish, but every time a mob dies, i cast a spell, basically any effect drops it down to 15 and immediately back to 70. Any suggestions on the fps spikes?

Your help would be highly appreciated!
Last edited by Vaga1234 on Mar 5, 2016, 11:37:28 AM
"
Baroque wrote:
@Staraven
This is exactly what happened to me. I ended up fixing it by trashing the Wineskin that comes with the download, going back to my "old" POE app, show contents, grab that Wineskin and drag it into the new download.

I am unable to paste the old version into the dmg version, or drag or anything to the dmg version - the NO icon (circle with line thru it) appears. Is there a trick to this?
Obviously I'm a fairly new Mac n00bie
@Licoffe - I'm using 10.10.5 on a late 2009 iMac. Yeah, every time I tried opening Wineskin you put into your dropbox download I just got an error message that it was damaged and I need to eject, or trash. No way around it.

@Staraven - When you right click the POE app and choose "Show Package Contents" does your window look like this?

http://postimg.org/image/v8io3ul83/

And if it does, does your previous POE app show the same?
Last edited by Baroque on Mar 5, 2016, 12:09:46 PM
I tried to reinstall and restart my computer using the cx version and it works so far now! when it said that the problem was "3d not enabled" i just googled the problem and found this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/170 it fixed it and im playing now
"
Baroque wrote:
@Licoffe - I'm using 10.10.5 on a late 2009 iMac. Yeah, every time I tried opening Wineskin you put into your dropbox download I just got an error message that it was damaged and I need to eject, or trash. No way around it.

@Staraven - When you right click the POE app and choose "Show Package Contents" does your window look like this?

http://postimg.org/image/v8io3ul83/

And if it does, does your previous POE app show the same?

@Baroque - they look like your pix - both my original and my dropbox-download
Last edited by Staraven on Mar 5, 2016, 3:37:20 PM
@Staraven
Ok, so we know the Wineskin in the new folder won't open for you. Can you open the Wineskin app (double-clicking) in your old folder?
I might be a little "off-topic", because I see that some of you are still struggling to get POE working but, for others... Have you also a big lack of performance since Ascendancy ?

Before the update, I was able to play 3-4h without many problems, but the game usually just "stop" after that playing time, or a bit before if I've loaded too much differents areas.

Now, I can barely play 1h-1h30, despite the fact that the CPU or heat doesn't seems to get high before the same "freeze game" occurs. I can't even go farther than the first encounter with the boss in the labyrinth. Actually, I can say that it happens after, let's say, an average of 4 areas loaded. I also have the fps/lag spikes, but it was always there so... not a big deal (but I agree, that's really hard to play in high difficulty).

Anyone experiencing the same problems ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info