[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

So I tried winetricks msls31 and that didn't work, but doing ie6 did let me launch, login and play. I did a tier 1 map without any problems, went back to Sarn Encampment to stash my loot, then went to my hideout and it crashed.

I didn't have api-ms-*-convert-* and I did try to install the update (which failed) before updating the wrapper and engine. I'll try again later with adding convert and see if that fixes the final glitch.

*EDIT*

Just tried with the convert dll and ported to some different areas in different acts as well as my hideout with no crashes. So hopefully it's all good now. Performance seems slightly worse than it was before; it's only barely playable for SC.
Last edited by metajack on Mar 2, 2016, 1:08:20 AM
"
Just tried with the convert dll and ported to some different areas in different acts as well as my hideout with no crashes. So hopefully it's all good now.

Good to hear! Would you mind re-posting a canonical step-by-step of how you got to the solution so we could have it in one post and link it to people who need it?

"
Performance seems slightly worse than it was before; it's only barely playable for SC.

ikr. The Crossfire version does ~120fps for me , but drops to ~2fps when multiple enemies are taking damage or spawning, which is...most of the time :'(
Last edited by C1rcean on Mar 2, 2016, 1:18:25 AM
"
Good to hear! Would you mind re-posting a canonical step-by-step of how you got to the solution so we could have it in one post and link it to people who need it?

Yes please !
So, is there an actual method that 100% works ?
I'm really confused about all the different test/modification/installation etc.. that people do, some working, others not, some with graphic bug, some with no sound or crash with portals...

I know it's an "unofficial way to play" POE, but I barely understand what people are doing to make the client working again, and that would be nice that if there is a solution, someone post an "understandable" way to fix the problem for people like me that are not used with all the terms employed untill now ;)

Thanks a lot !
Now it runs but it gets crashed after putting the game in fullscreen.
Last edited by LordOfMasks on Mar 3, 2016, 2:03:24 PM
"
Deathrasher59 wrote:
"

Yes please !
So, is there an actual method that 100% works ?
I'm really confused about all the different test/modification/installation etc.. that people do, some working, others not, some with graphic bug, some with no sound or crash with portals...

I know it's an "unofficial way to play" POE, but I barely understand what people are doing to make the client working again, and that would be nice that if there is a solution, someone post an "understandable" way to fix the problem for people like me that are not used with all the terms employed untill now ;)

Thanks a lot !

I don't think we're at 100% yet. This is all really experimental, and there's some significant risk of messing up your installation, because I don't think any of us are quite sure what we're doing.

If things are running fairly stably tonight, I'll see if I can make a user-friendly guide. I'd like to try and play for a little longer, and get feedback from folks on any further issues.
A little more anecdata: I'm experiencing major FPS lag if and only if a fancy visual effect is coming on-screen. Auras, Soulless Watchers' attacks, shrines; all of them seem to be causing lag. Melee enemies without special effects or auras are running fine, even if there's a dozen of them.

I'm running on a late 2012 Macbook Pro, with POE set to minimal graphics and lockstep performance. So basically, my hardware's pretty marginal to begin with.
"
asbjornsen wrote:
A little more anecdata: I'm experiencing major FPS lag if and only if a fancy visual effect is coming on-screen. Auras, Soulless Watchers' attacks, shrines; all of them seem to be causing lag. Melee enemies without special effects or auras are running fine, even if there's a dozen of them.

I'm running on a late 2012 Macbook Pro, with POE set to minimal graphics and lockstep performance. So basically, my hardware's pretty marginal to begin with.

Using the same hardware I had a fairly stable 60 FPS before the last patch. Now, with the last patch and the modifications done to get it working, the game became very laggy (8 FPS average). Toggling and applying any options in the video options will increase FPS back to 60 for a few minutes then drop back until the same trick is applied (almost feels like it's doing automatic graphics switching between GeForce GT 650M and Intel HD 4000). I'll switch the wine engine and try again.
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
Last edited by Licoffe on Mar 2, 2016, 11:07:17 AM
after updates, my client cant run,
any solution here?
Can you give us more information, such as the logs?
-----------------------------------------------------
Want to check out the price of your items? Check out http://poe-rates.com
"
ChuenG wrote:
after updates, my client cant run,
any solution here?

The same story.

"In VC_redist.x86.exe program detected a serious error. The program will be closed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The error could be caused by a problem in the program or flaw Wine. You can visit the Application Database and look for advice on running this program."

This message appears once, then the launcher does not start at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info