[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

help pls...

how can you find chat logs for mac client?

paying 1 ex to whoever can tell me
IGN: Barbara_Jay
any reason to use this over just using wine bottler on the download from the main POE site?
edit: tried doing as i said and got a sound error that crashed the client so thanks for doing this
Last edited by 1UPedU on Mar 7, 2014, 10:12:31 PM
"
Barbara_Jay wrote:
help pls...

how can you find chat logs for mac client?

paying 1 ex to whoever can tell me

It should be same as in windows (so /Users/<username>/my documents/Path of exile or directly in wrapper.
"
1UPedU wrote:
any reason to use this over just using wine bottler on the download from the main POE site?
edit: tried doing as i said and got a sound error that crashed the client so thanks for doing this

you can manually add openal32.dll (native) override in wine bottler, and it should work for you. possibly you will need add Directx installation via winetricks as well.

(basically this port has already those things pre-set)
tried, its not in both
IGN: Barbara_Jay
Hey guys,

I've just downloaded Path of Exile on my Macbook Air, after the install and updates were finished, i tried opening and got the "failed resetting direct 3d device objects".

I google the problem, and tried the solution of changing the resolution and window mode in the Production config .ini file.
Unfortunately this didn't fix the problem for me. Does anyone els have any methods i could try?

-thanks
KP
"
BLACKFRIP wrote:
Hey guys,

I've just downloaded Path of Exile on my Macbook Air, after the install and updates were finished, i tried opening and got the "failed resetting direct 3d device objects".

I google the problem, and tried the solution of changing the resolution and window mode in the Production config .ini file.
Unfortunately this didn't fix the problem for me. Does anyone els have any methods i could try?

-thanks
KP

I got that once -- I switched back to a supported resolution.

Is that MackBook Air with a retina display? I'm using these full screen settings on my retina MacBook Pro ...
File: ~/Documents/My Games/Path of Exile/production_Config.ini

[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=Direct3D HAL
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=true
post_processing=false
resolution_height=1280
resolution_width=2048
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=no_shadows
Whenever I use a resolution different from my desktop resolution, alt-tabbing back into the game causes the game to display in a tiny window. How can I resolve this? Some config setting I missed? I am currently set to run in full screen.

I am running v4.0.3. I have an 11" MBA.
hey i've tried to launch it and i repeatedly get a "Failed resettting Direct3D device objects" error please help
can i use my char on both pc and this mac version??? it the same??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info