0.11.4 Skill Details: Reave

Yay! AoE with claws (before support), you don't know how long I've been waiting for something like this. :)
Oh nice, my claw ranger will get a new toy to play with. I hope it allows me to stop using double strike + melee splash as AoE! Not that it's bad, but a true AoE skill will have 1 more support slot available :)
Last edited by Thalandor on Aug 2, 2013, 9:31:58 AM
Reaver seems to apply a buff to the player, so increased duration and buff/skill duration passives should benefit it. Also by the wording, I can tell that Reave-Multistrike will behave similarly to Frenzy-Multistrike, and only apply / reset the buff once per set of attacks.

Speculation: What would really set this skill apart is if the buff granted aoe to all of your attacks (but a non-Reaver attacks expend the buff after one use) so that you could use it like a support-less melee splash for one attack. It would provide some deeply interesting synergies for sure--reading one pack and building up your buff, and spending it flickering to the next pack, etc...

Regardless, if this is just baby Cleave for claws and daggers, with added mechanics, then all the better as well. Despite criticism that it would lead to more 1-skill spam, it would also lend itself heavily to the pursuit of building around it. It would share strong synergies with Discharge (favors speccing AoE), for example, but as an "oh shit" button by expending charges from PCoC and Blood Rage, rather than as a spam skill. There's also the possibility of Molten Shell, activated prior to a Reave-Added Fire build up, with specs towards duration, fire, and aoe.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!!!!!
"The only prison you're in is the one you've created in your mind."
Great news for those of us that want to dual wield claws, but don't like melee splash. This sounds perfect. :)
We REALLY need to know if it switches hands or use both at once in dual wield.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
From this description I do not see how it will be better than for example Double Strike + Melee Splash. This could be good with if it has good damage and high AoE when maxed, otherwise I think we should not expect this to be upper-tier.

We will have to wait and see though.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
"If you use a skill other than Reave, the area is also reset."

How to kill my excitement in one line of text. I really hope you can at least curse at the bare minimum with this skill without its area resetting. Or maybe it only has like 4 stacks so it's not a big deal to get charges? Who knows.

Hope you can't curse. This would once again cement the fact that GGG is focusing on group play. You won't be the curser in your team, someone else will.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Kalidor wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Ele cleave is dead, so yeah. Physical cleave superior to ele cleave builds sicne the nerfs.

lol..since when?

Since 0.11.0 where:

* Inner force nerfed (nerfed anger and wrath indirectly this way)
* many elemental nodes nerfed
* physical nodes massively buffed
------------

Elemental cleave is simply inferior to physical cleave during endgame; and the godlier equip both get, the better physical cleave becomes in comparison to elemental cleave.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
gothikaboy wrote:
From this description I do not see how it will be better than for example Double Strike + Melee Splash. This could be good with if it has good damage and high AoE when maxed, otherwise I think we should not expect this to be upper-tier.

We will have to wait and see though.

Not needing to hit the primary target for the AoE to take effect is already a huge advantage over using melee splash. That was always the deal breaker for me with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info