[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

I did summoner build with a witch. I really wanna do it with scion. Why did you remove the tree? You think you can make one for us plz? Thanks alot...love
Strange, Ages did not change this Place
"
Clark wrote:
I did summoner build with a witch. I really wanna do it with scion. Why did you remove the tree? You think you can make one for us plz? Thanks alot...love

With the skill tree changes, the trees were almost identical and there was no need for it to be listed again (saved some space since there is a text limit). Really, though, the only difference is in how you spend 4 points. That's it. Since it only takes 4 points to make it from the 'Mana Regen' node at the start of the Scion tree to the 'Shaper' node, it was kind of redundant.
If you are going for a life build then you can cut 'Chaos Inoculation' and the three nodes behind it to make up for that (and, of course, invest more heavily in life than ES while picking up EB as well). If you're going for CI, then maybe you can find yourself a corrupted 'Enemies can have 1 additional Curse' amulet and drop the 'Whispers of Doom' node and the three that precede it.
Those are just ideas. Cut them wherever you want/need to if you really want to play Scion over witch.
Hope this helped.
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Apr 3, 2015, 11:20:06 AM
"
godace wrote:
rare gloves can't have 20 quantity + 50 rarity. max is up to 32 rarity. same to boots

I know some people that would disagree with you.
I suggest you read that section again.

Regards
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
JNF wrote:
This guide was bad before, but it's really bad now that it's been updated.

Thanks for your input.
You have my permission not to use the guide.
Sorry that I have forced that upon you.

Regards
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
"
Clark wrote:

With the skill tree changes, the trees were almost identical and there was no need for it to be listed again (saved some space since there is a text limit). Really, though, the only difference is in how you spend 4 points. That's it. Since it only takes 4 points to make it from the 'Mana Regen' node at the start of the Scion tree to the 'Shaper' node, it was kind of redundant.
If you are going for a life build then you can cut 'Chaos Inoculation' and the three nodes behind it to make up for that (and, of course, invest more heavily in life than ES while picking up EB as well). If you're going for CI, then maybe you can find yourself a corrupted 'Enemies can have 1 additional Curse' amulet and drop the 'Whispers of Doom' node and the three that precede it.
Those are just ideas. Cut them wherever you want/need to if you really want to play Scion over witch.
Hope this helped.

As always +1.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
JNF wrote:

As a returning player from the beta (which was, 2 years ago i think?) and a new summoner, this guide was an incredible base to get me started, even if i did change a stray a bit from it in some regards (example, skipping Death Attunement as i don't play with Specters, might go back to it at the very end of the build), you disagreeing with it doesn't make it bad, just means you're not part of its intended audience (new players).

Otherwise, while i'm still just at the levelling part, i'm enjoying the build, i first made a summmoner because they tend to be safe in HC and i'm going for the Red Armor after dying 3 times as a Shadow >.< but i quickly found out the gameplay is a lot more involved than i thought, at least its more than what it was in D2.

Have a few questions though.

For the life build, why make a Witch over a Templar? While i suppose its not a huge deal, extra armor and life regen seems a bit more interesting than extra ES for it.

Also, at what point can i even consider switching to CI? Is it recommended at all to play CI in HC?
Last edited by GrieverZ on Apr 4, 2015, 10:11:37 AM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
JNF wrote:

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Sorry if reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, as English isn't your first language. Your guide is bad and it's a shame that new players are being directed to it, hence my posting here after a fellow acquaintance made the mistake of using it after being directed to it (in which he is now spending a fair amount of regret orbs to correct it).

This is a warning to new players: This guide is a sloppy, unoptimized mess. The tree gets a maximum of 219% es, wastes a ton of poins, doesn't take Elemental Equilibrium despite using Minion Instability (which is a mistake in and of itself) and dual curses.

I would link an optimized tree, but you'd copy and paste it and take credit for it as your own, as you have with other generic summoner based information which you had copied and pasted previously.

Have a good day.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Apr 4, 2015, 12:48:36 PM
"
JNF wrote:
doesn't take Elemental Equilibrium despite using Minion Instability (which is a mistake in and of itself)

Does EE triggers from Chaos Damage (Desecrate)? Guess there's always the option to throw some lightning damage on it just to make it trigger to boost the damage from Hatred and Unstable Minions yeah.

Completly overlooked that too.

Either way, i'm following the levelling tree atm not the CI one and deviated from it already, if you feel generous enough

Edit : Looks like it can't trigger from ground effects, so i guess i'd need to consider using Arc.

Guess i'm answering my own questions lol.
Last edited by GrieverZ on Apr 4, 2015, 2:30:33 PM
"
JNF wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
JNF wrote:

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Sorry if reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, as English isn't your first language. Your guide is bad and it's a shame that new players are being directed to it, hence my posting here after a fellow acquaintance made the mistake of using it after being directed to it (in which he is now spending a fair amount of regret orbs to correct it).

This is a warning to new players: This guide is a sloppy, unoptimized mess. The tree gets a maximum of 219% es, wastes a ton of poins, doesn't take Elemental Equilibrium despite using Minion Instability (which is a mistake in and of itself) and dual curses.

I would link an optimized tree, but you'd copy and paste it and take credit for it as your own, as you have with other generic summoner based information which you had copied and pasted previously.

Have a good day.

OK. Thanks for your input. Bye bye now.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Apr 4, 2015, 5:32:39 PM
First I would like to thank you for the guide.
My note is this: If a new player going for a "grinding" build, and as IIQ doesn't drop anymore, the words "cheap" doesn't apply here unless you want to sacrifice IIQ and go mainly for IIR.
My question is: for a solo player what would be the optimum (within budget) IIQ/IIR setup that you could expect good rewards?

Regards,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info