Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

I would rather vote for a middle approach if it needed to change. 10% on merciless and 5% on cruel not only seems simpler than 8% and 3% but, it actually seems like more of a penalty, which the new values dont reflect to me. I mean, merciless is almost the same reduction as cruel was before. I know I died a few times in act 2 cruel because I was underleveled and losing all that exp was acceptable.
It doesn't matter if i loose 15% or 8% exp, when i'm loosing it because of game freeze or desync.
To all the HC players that feel the need to whine about SC changes. I propose GGG disables Alt F4. How do you feel about that, ya know, since you guys are so hard core and elite pros. But anyways, I could care less about the xp change as I'm only level 59 and it doesn't affect THAT badly.

The 6s change is welcome in my opinion. You want no allocation, play free for all. PA is about divied up loot with worth. 7 jewelers is substantial loot. I play with my brother, and we alternate who gets the chromatics and jeweler items. I don't need to fight with people over loot in PA. If I wanted to do that I would play FFA.
IGN DanteAllighari - Standard
ArcTesla - Domination
DanteAlighari - Domination
"
Ghost_Harvest wrote:
"
Schlowski wrote:
After reading more than 20 pages I would opt for a third league : "Baby League"

So "Baby League" - a league for it's own, no or minimal death penalty and that's it.
This would be for all of us casuals, idiots, dumb players - call your name here - which are simply not "hardcore" enough for the "real" PoE.

And then set Standard league death penalty to whatever the "hardcore" fans like.

This isn't actually a bad idea although maybe I would have worded it a little less insulting then that but regardless the idea is a valid one.

Have the "Baby League" as a starting point of even stage if you will for people that just want to smash face with little to no repercussions to getting killed.

Have Standard as an Mid Level league where people can go and feel like they are being given a challenge BUT neither have the time nor interest in having to COMPLETELY redo their Character if/when they die, but still take a penalty for being killed.

Leave HC as it is death is final and the other leagues shouldn't matter to the players who play on HC anyways.

As for the 6S change this is on a personal note, being an AUS player and playing at the times I do when I do group it is with EU/US players and as such not being a total scumbag I wont make the Instances thus making 5/6 players play with garbage PING. So having it allocated, while sitting on 300ish PING at least give me some hopes of getting it. But that just from my view point which wouldn't affect most people anyways.

I say make hardcore hardcore like d2 you die you are dead and your items pop out like in d2hc and CT! AHAHAH no alt f4ing either! oh btw i only play softcore LOL! hardcore players have an undeserved ego and think they should interfere in softcore matters. I play softcore because of my connection being really bad, honestly with the abbundant desynch issues this game has i'll welcome the penelty change but it should be 5%/10%
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Jul 25, 2013, 3:25:07 PM
What if the penalty for death was a -25% reduction on quality and rarity of items found until a certain amount of xp was gained from killing monsters again. This debuff could potentially stack a few times and only go away with xp kills from monsters, not time (no one wants to be given an incentive to wait and not play a great game). The xp required would also scale with your level.
This would provide a huge incentive to not die in boss fights, as well as getting rid of the dumb mentality of lvling in an easy area just before u want to fight a boss. Also, this penalty could encourage people who die to not just quit and be sad they lost all their xp, but instead to play until the quality and rarity debuff is removed.
IGN - TheEntireSun, Cast_A_Nova, Skinny_Starfish
"
Huskyshark wrote:
What if the penalty for death was a -25% reduction on quality and rarity of items found until a certain amount of xp was gained from killing monsters again. This debuff could potentially stack a few times and only go away with xp kills from monsters, not time (no one wants to be given an incentive to wait and not play a great game). The xp required would also scale with your level.
This would provide a huge incentive to not die in boss fights, as well as getting rid of the dumb mentality of lvling in an easy area just before u want to fight a boss. Also, this penalty could encourage people who die to not just quit and be sad they lost all their xp, but instead to play until the quality and rarity debuff is removed.

Stupid
Make Things For Smile!
Jesus... are we still talking about default here...
King AuStin .... the only king in Scotland
I was always advocating stronger death penalties, a little xp here and there is completely meaningless. Make it hit them where it hurts, in their currency wallet, decrease quality on items and gems on death, on top of higher xp loss of course.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
i gotta say, its very fun scrambling for 6s items and making them allocated feels like taking away some of the fun things about perma loot...which i thought had pretty much nailed how looting should be handled ( you can still flip, there are a few items to keep your eyes out for, etc...) essentially, this is removing being careful about your inventory, a reduce to skill cap imo
@slangDontStop
"
NotSorry wrote:
I was always advocating stronger death penalties, a little xp here and there is completely meaningless. Make it hit them where it hurts, in their currency wallet, decrease quality on items and gems on death, on top of higher xp loss of course.

At lv90+ leveling is expensive. Hurting their exp is practically hurting their wallet.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info