Video of Anna the Witch (new UI)

I'm really eager to hear some of the min/max pros opinions on stacking pure defense vs energy shield for this game. It's probably just my flawed perception, but the energy shield seems grossly overpowered considering how quickly it recharges to full despite only being out of combat for a moment or two.
Actually, one of the big issues with energy shield is that you can't recharge it with a flask like you can with your hp. Once the energy shield is gone, a witch is wide open to being stun-locked and killed.
Forum Sheriff
It is just too active, the screen should be about the monsters and the characters, not the health orb and its glowing shield.
The Mana orb looks nice the problem with the energy shield is how bright it is, and the fact that it isn't clean, having that wavy line on the left and all.
I actually like the energy shield graphic from the older ui. It was small yet served its purpose you could see when you had some remaining but not covering up your health bar. The new on just looks weird filling up from right to left depending on the size of your shield, yet draining from top to bottom when hit.
The original images (August first or so) with the clean cut power bar over the health orb is the least distractive I have seen so far.
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Actually, one of the big issues with energy shield is that you can't recharge it with a flask like you can with your hp. Once the energy shield is gone, a witch is wide open to being stun-locked and killed.

Good point, but the witch isn't the only class that can use the energy shield...just likely to be the one most efficient in its use. If there are single items available with large amounts of energy shield, a high defense Marauder could don that item for a great chance to negate some of the surprise damage that will undoubtedly be in the game. I think the math behind finding the perfect balance between a quick-recharge energy shield and the easily refilling life orb will be quite intriguing.

This game really is going to be a min/maxers wet dream...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info