Tyr's **0.11.1** Pure Elemental Bow Spec

"
shirt1 wrote:
"
peprik wrote:
"
shirt1 wrote:

Like with any elemental attack Weapon Elemental Damage should be used as a support.

As I wrote above, according to PoE-wiki:
"
The damage of the applied charges is increased by elemental damage and fire damage passives, but not by elemental weapon damage or spell damage passives.

Your experience doesn't confirm it?

Ice Shot with Weapon Elemental Damage is 2739.6 dps. Without it Weapon Elemental Damage it is 1620.1 dps.
Unavailable
Unavailable

Explosive Arrow with Weapon Elemental Damage is 2259.9 dps. Without Weapon Elemental Damage it is 1292.8 dps.
Unavailable
Unavailable

OK, you convinced me :-)
To your gear - why do you focus on evasion gear instead on ES?
Thx.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
peprik wrote:

OK, you convinced me :-)
To your gear - why do you focus on evasion gear instead on ES?
Thx.

While ES stacking would make the game much much easier, I hate how the gear looks. Lol seriously, I was inspired to make this chr because my buddy's shadow looked badass.

This particular Evasion 5 link pairs well with that ammy i recently made. Not to mention it is already setup with iir/iiq & a 5l :P

I tested a 330 ES shield & a 340 ES armor. Over 4k ES total with those 2 items.

Also, I decided to not just accept that maps that reflect elemental damage prohibit me from running them. A strong phys bow & Poison Arrow linked with added chaos dmg work well with Ice Shot to regain mana. If you have ALOT of mana, you could try linking concentrated effect & reduced mana cost as well. The chaos dmg goes right through ES.

Tested this on a map with reflect ele & 50% reduced recovery. I found that with all the extra ele dmg, basic attack was strong enough to take care of normal mobs quick enough. Use warlords to get your flasks back faster without spending mana.

____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
"
shirt1 wrote:

Explosive Arrow with Weapon Elemental Damage is 2259.9 dps. Without Weapon Elemental Damage it is 1292.8 dps.
Unavailable
Unavailable

This actually doesn't prove much of anything. You are increasing the Weapon Elemental Damage, which you have a lot of from other sources besides the damage dealt from Explosive Arrow. Explosive Arrow, like Elemental Hit, most likely doesn't have a true or correct DPS display for the skill. I would check the Explosive Arrow thread itself for any proof on how the skill correctly interacts with supports and passives.

EDIT:
Did the footwork for you: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13706/filter-account-type/staff

Read through the posts there, they are back from January and February but there is nothing indicating that there has been a change in the way it interacts.
Last edited by Jozen on Sep 17, 2012, 2:30:09 AM
"
Jozen wrote:
"
shirt1 wrote:

Unavailable
Unavailable

This actually doesn't prove much of anything. You are increasing the Weapon Elemental Damage, which you have a lot of from other sources besides the damage dealt from Explosive Arrow. Explosive Arrow, like Elemental Hit, most likely doesn't have a true or correct DPS display for the skill. I would check the Explosive Arrow thread itself for any proof on how the skill correctly interacts with supports and passives.

EDIT:
Did the footwork for you: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13706/filter-account-type/staff

Read through the posts there, they are back from January and February but there is nothing indicating that there has been a change in the way it interacts.

Have you actually tried this or are you being an armchair theorycrafter? If so, you would know that the initial damage from EA is an important functionality to how this build works. This cannot be achieved without significant initial damage.

I want everything to blow up at the same time. To do this, if I cant 1 shot overpower the mobs, Ill soften them up with Ice Shot. The next EA everything blows up. Initial damage, AOE splash damage, 60% burn dmg, & Ice Shot damage all play off one another. The initial POP of impact from EA kicks off the reaction.

For mana purposes you do not want to be spamming EA more than you have to. WPN Ele Dmg support ensures that you wont.
Last edited by Tyranthal on Sep 17, 2012, 2:47:30 PM
Is CI important for this build or can you just go straight evasion + hp?
CI is very important for this build. Ghost Reaver's leech for CI is very strong & is a major aspect.

Whether you go pure evasion/hp or eshield should be decided before you get too far.
Swapped out 3 burn passives & 24% fire damage for 40 int, 10 str, 10% increased elemental damage & 50% increased weapon elemental damage.

Extra firepower gives improved burst dps which leads to more efficient crowd destruction.

Thanks goes to miciek335 for the idea to branch into the Templar tree.
Last edited by Tyranthal on Sep 21, 2012, 2:58:19 PM
Ok, just back from vacation & there were like 5 patches while I was gone.

Ill get right to the changes.

10% reduced mana cost is GREAT. I can put the newly buffed Inc Crit Chance skill in the Explosive Arrow link & it only costs 65 or so mana per.

Prestidigitation is an excellent addition & helps with mana management.

2 skills away from Amplify, AGAIN! lolol I cant wait for EA & Ice Shot to get stronger with an even larger damage radius. This makes using a Death's Harp even more viable.

Last edited by Tyranthal on Dec 12, 2012, 1:21:50 PM
After testing with Ranged Attack Totem & Ice Shot, I came to the conclusion that they are made for each other. This combo provides amazing results if you are following this build.

*Deaths Harp makes the totem shoot 2 arrows.
*Greater Multiple Projectiles makes the totem shoot 6 arrows.
*Mana Leech works with Ranged Totem. Need to test with a stronger phys bow & Life Leech.
*Link with Pierce for even greater effect.
*The AOE cone from 6 piercing ice arrows is a sight to behold.
*Too strong for a lvl 63 map. Nothing can get close to the totem to kill it.
*Elemental Proliferation with Quality flash freezes mobs.
*Very strong with WPN Ele DMG linked as well.
*IS NOT AFFECTED BY REFLECT ELEMENTAL DAMAGE!

Most importantly, you save a considerable amount of mana. Totembot doesnt need mana. Explosive Arrow can be used aggressively.
Last edited by Tyranthal on Oct 15, 2012, 1:20:26 PM
Love the new Thread title!

I got a few questions:

1. What is your hit chance? you have very low Dex so i wonder how accuracy is doing?

2. Did you ever think about dropping ghost reaver? Since the large majority of your damage is elemental anyways and unless you use a life leech support gem I doubt you'll feel much from it?

edit: haha just saw your post in my thread after typing this :D

edit2: Okay i just got crazy inspired to theory craft like Albert Einstein on LSD, anyways its 2:30 am and I came up with this:

Basicly getting rid of all crit nodes, grabbing all big Dex nodes to get the requirement for a thicket bow. Getting 35% Pierce, all ele dmg possible, Increased buff effects for even more aura damage, and freaking resolute technique so we don't have to deal with accuracy :D It might be nuts but thats a lvl 71ish build and it also gets tons of alresist!

edit3: Instead of increased buff effects you could use the same three points to get the 1 additional totem as well, might be sick!
Last edited by C4ph on Oct 15, 2012, 8:35:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info