CI Flicker Strike Shadow

Some people was asking about my build for 0.9.12, so i'm posting it now again in the new thread as they've requested.

CI Flicker Strike Shadow 72 lvl

Main skills:
- Frenzy supported by: Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage (4k damage without frenzy charges),
- Flicker Strike supported by: Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks, Added Lightning Damage, Mana Leech,
(without frenzy charges it deals 8,2k damage),
- Blood Rage
- Whirling Blades (escape mechanism)

Curses:
- Elemental Weakness, Temporal Chains (or Enfeeble),

Auras:
- Wrath, Anger, Discipline, (if you have lot of mana from equipment and Reduced Mana you can add Grace),

Equipment:
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable

Rest of my gear:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

With 367 ES on the shield my overall value of ES is 8,3k.
Last edited by miciek335 on Sep 16, 2012, 3:57:59 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Nice Build. Im trying something similar just with cold damage instead of electricity. What was your reasoning for that just that 30% node?.
Do you ask about increased defences from shield nodes ? It is the easiest way to increase ES.

PS. You've said some about Hatred. What gems are you using to support flicker strike ? What's your DPS with this kind of build ?
Last edited by miciek335 on Sep 19, 2012, 9:35:23 AM
Oh no I understand the shield nodes 30% Es is great. Just why you chose lightning but thats obvious it get 30% more dps then my ice one. I'm only level 45 now so I havent picked up the elemental nodes yet just getting dagger nodes and ES stuff. 2.5k flicker atm. will post when i find a good ice dagger and get some ice nodes.
Yes, 30% shield nodes are essential - you can easily get 7-8k ES with good shield.

I was asking, because Hatred could be better with increased melee damage on full life and high phys dmg dagger or sword.
And if you get 2x times 10% increased cold damage from weapons you should compensate your potential loss of DPS when you are switching from lightning dmg.
It is hard to find high lightning dmg rings, necklace with resistances. In default league it is not a big issue, but in the hardcore... Sacrificing your DPS for resistances is not the great idea.

Flicker Strike in this build should be supported by Increased Weapon Elemental Dmg, Melee Physical Dmg on the Full Life, Faster Attacks and Mana Leech.

Auras: Hatred, Wrath (you can add it when you have Mana Leech Gem supporting Flicker) and Discipline. Anger probably will reserve too much mana and using Frenzy will be difficult.

Also i'm not recommend to focus only on the daggers - usually better are swords (they are much faster and they have often accuracy bonus, especially it is crucial for your frenzy skill, which is your main source of frenzy charges) or claws - of course it depends on what are you have in your stash.
In my opinion - if you feel that your phys dmg is not so great you can go for Strong Arm node (6+6+18% increased phys dmg from one handed weapons). This skill is on the road for 3x 30% increased defences from ES shield, near Bulwark. You will not waste any additional skill point to get there.

Here are my suggested changes in this build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQYAAJbF5wECcWAHJsqWCGLA5AqoMR0N8GAFFgm_0hi6bYQakGuPGpHy2huNpJIbopNcKIKb-C-jDIMw6WYSNRjrKzW1Kus2uEowOtyqFT-eX01CJVkLSUc4nEsGJWtM-2JBTTO-q09DWX1TSrmcViUX_1byCTtjOr_IY_J6j3CreJJ8hsoZfMAh3n6aZNN_qsgenWUYpYgJZiX7PiOot0Ctuou_Ct-HnkkH5OiDI8cfYR-MKoh29yMgucg5MAGcIzysqb8HYpzFRM29IbtWzcpmY_2YbdP1ObqP8GFrFKVis3-OLcPS5UVlGtszIriCqXRB-JMbnMtBHRGDhhvavfupcZptiUeNqPiSn8ZUlIhfdyHFW8Kbp7tJ0uj9YneGc4sPgMkz1aoFOlbYZqkl62ALjYKqKcSWOqa0ytzcGeDBFyD9tPx5

If someone feels that it's ES shield is not so good, he can swap 2x15% increased ES from shield nodes and 50% block recovery for Inner Force (it is nice boost for Discipline) or he can take Celestial Walker if he needs resistances and more DPS.

Thanks for your response.
Last edited by miciek335 on Sep 20, 2012, 8:52:13 AM
I really like how this build looks. Im guessing the 70% ele dmg you get from going into the templar area makes up for bypassing many crit nodes.

I was wanting to make my LS shadow more tanklike & including elements of your build is how it can be achieved.
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
Thank you for your interest, Tyranthal. The general idea of this type of build have been created by Stryuk. I'm just trying to reactivate it after the lastest patch. Thanks to GGG team it is still possible.

Personally, i'm a bit afraid of melee shadow builds, which are utilizng critics with increased crit chance. Maybe i am a growler, but spending many skill points on that nodes costs too much of character's survivabilty in my opinion. Escepcially when we can easy fix this issue by using 2-3 diamond flasks and increased crit damage, all thanks to the mana leech gem...

Also, you have right in the topic of the templar area weapon elemntal dmg nodes. The trick is about getting huge amount of dmg for just a few passive skill points. The rest of them can be traded for enormously increased ES (even if i don't have the greatest items). Especially in HC this will be crucial.
Last edited by miciek335 on Sep 20, 2012, 1:35:16 PM
Ya I had a elemental duelist flicker tank hybrid pre shadow class. My first shadow was pure elemental using Lightning Strike. My interest was waning in the LS build pre .11 as I had tested it exclusively for a few months.

Ive been focused on a ele bow shadow with mega aoe & burn dmg the last month or so.

Your build has given me ideas for both classes which has been a pleasant surprise!

**newly tweaked build
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
Last edited by Tyranthal on Sep 21, 2012, 3:03:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info