I hope this forum isn't indicative...

"
jman3393 wrote:
You aren't even in the beta, and you've been here for two days. Don't speak like you've been here for months.

You've been here for less than a month. Stop trying to act all high and mighty.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/awpsaint/xenicide.jpg[/img]
"
Hostile wrote:
"
Bordam
Last Visited: 23 august 2011 18:01
Total Forum Posts: 50 (5.5556 posts per day)

Stupid spamming troll...
Get a life and stop moaning about moaners.

Been waiting for the random "life" generator to give me one.
Well I have a key... but I is afraid to use it because the forums will be angry with me
Heh, id be much more likely to be angry with you for /not/ using the key. For reals.
I'm new here, but I can understand the people who have been here for months getting frustrated. They've been waiting forever for a key and they keep seeing new people who may not even care about the game get in on a whim, but the amount of whining about it on the forums is insane. People talk about getting a key more than the game itself, and that just seems really sad.
"
Bordam wrote:
Of the actual players who are eventually going to be in the game.

Seriously? You morons are complaining about a completely random beta key generator and bitching and moaning about how the keys should be going to people with: >100 posts, >7 day join date, blonde hair, pink dogs, double rainbow states, etc. ITS A FKING MACHINE. It has no preferences or variables at which it gives beta keys too. Its like hundreds of people standing next to an ez bake oven screaming "WTF TURN INTO OMEGATRON PLZ. WTFWTFWTF"

>implying the beta timer is a machine
XBL: Ekpaidefsi Current game playing: COD: BO
"
nullrat wrote:
I'm new here, but I can understand the people who have been here for months getting frustrated. They've been waiting forever for a key and they keep seeing new people who may not even care about the game get in on a whim, but the amount of whining about it on the forums is insane. People talk about getting a key more than the game itself, and that just seems really sad.

How would we talk about the game if we cant test the game? There are more of us not in the beta than there are in the beta, so of coarse more of us are going to be talking about it here than in the other forums.
"
Bordam wrote:
Of the actual players who are eventually going to be in the game.

Seriously? You morons are complaining about a completely random beta key generator and bitching and moaning about how the keys should be going to people with: >100 posts, >7 day join date, blonde hair, pink dogs, double rainbow states, etc. ITS A FKING MACHINE. It has no preferences or variables at which it gives beta keys too. Its like hundreds of people standing next to an ez bake oven screaming "WTF TURN INTO OMEGATRON PLZ. WTFWTFWTF"

Lies, the key generator has been programmed to exclude me. If you think I'm wrong, prove it.
"
Hostile wrote:
"
Bordam
Last Visited: 23 august 2011 18:01
Total Forum Posts: 50 (5.5556 posts per day)

Stupid spamming troll...
Get a life and stop moaning about moaners.

Yes, he may have joined fairly recently but he has made somewhat more posts than me on this forum so I would think he is more entitled for the beta than I am. However I don't like people who nerdrage. It's a beta, it's not finished released game..take a chillaxative pill and zip it. You will get in eventually, so will I..and everyone else.
Post count should not be a variable in selecting beta participants. Sure, a more active member (on the forum) might help out more (through suggestions and what not) but it is not at all certain (people who are more active in game can help out even more through the use of bug reporting in game (I don't know if this exists in PoE) and what not).

Anyone can have 100 posts, posts of which 90% could be "lol, indeed, +1" and so forth; non-constructive posts shouldn't be counted at all towards a total post count (if this is an included variable in the beta invite timer which increases your chance(s) to get into the beta). Now of course this isn't something they're actually able to do (go through everyone's posts to exclude some rather unnecessary ones), but you get my drift.

What puts me down a bit is the fact we don't get to send in our dxdiag, we don't get to tell them a little about ourselves and our previous beta testing experiences, etc. Most betas do this and I'm a bit worried this way they'll get a lot of people who won't help them out during their beta.

Now I'm sure they've thought this all through thoroughly and decided to program the beta invite timer the best they can, so the best of luck to those who deserve it (yes, you 0-post lurkers as well!)!
Also the OP needs to calm down, there will always be people who make threads about how much they deserve to have a beta key and how they're going to die if they don't... bla bla bla. That's why we have forum mods (they seem to tolerate a lot on these forums though). :)
Stay a while and listen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info