[1.2.0] Dual Claws Are Cool

"
why sword dmg nodes?

...because I threw that together in like five minutes, and I don't play this game in that language, hence errors. (Also, I just saw "dual wield block" on the final node and didn't think too hard about the preceding ones. Go me.)

Thinking about VS but I feel that it sidesteps the main benefit of my whole claws build, which is tons of leech all the time. Last I checked, you don't leech from VS DoT.

edit: current tree, lv87 duelist

Turns out that to steal charges the mob has to first have them. Useful only with the particular map mod, I think, and even then not really.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Last edited by Kirielis on Aug 21, 2014, 11:17:18 AM
Hmm, I really believe that starting as a shadow is a better starting point since you get arobatics, evasion and leech nodes much faster.

Therefore, where is the point to start as a dualist? (except for the cosmetics?)
@Kirielis

Hello,

Coming back to PoE for 1.2 and I'm wondering if the skill tree you posted on the 15th is working out for you.

Finally what do you think about the fact that cyclone cannot be supported by multistrike anymore ? Is it going to be a problem in your opinion or will faster attack work as well in Bringer of Rain.

Thanks for your guide !

Cheers

Swiss
IGN : Swisside | Swissleap | DemArchers
"
where is the point to start as a duelist?

Because I wanted a duelist. Sometimes it really is that simple.

"
cyclone cannot be supported by multistrike anymore

I never put those two together anyway, I like my control too much. This change doesn't affect me personally. Not sure why you'd use faster attacks in a Rain, since it's already built-in.
@Kirilis

"
I never put those two together anyway, I like my control too much. This change doesn't affect me personally. Not sure why you'd use faster attacks in a Rain, since it's already built-in.

Hum yeah that was a dumb question.

What gems would you suggest in the rain ? I currently have this :

I'm quite certain blood magic isn't needed (mana leech but in the other hand it allows me to wear the haste aura)

Thanks for your help !

Swiss

IGN : Swisside | Swissleap | DemArchers
Last edited by Swisside on Aug 22, 2014, 1:46:13 PM
Btw Im now lvl 55 and this build is kicking ass :)

Right now Im blindly following the OPs build but I will need to see whether I have enough currency to find me a bloodseeker or somehow find the points to invest in VP.

I've been lucky and found myself a nice unique leather hat with 40% ele res, though evasion is quite low on it (around 70).

But I think it will do for quite a few more lvls.

I have currently 3.2k dps on my reave skill. My question is: are dual claws with 15 life gain on hit better atm, or should I seek out for two 6% dmg leech claws even though I don't have VP or bloodseeker atm?

I appreciate the answer.

Oh, and btw, there is a shorter route around Ondar's Guile if you go towards the dualist nodes straight left rather than reaching it from the herbalist nodes.

Or is there a reason to do so? To reach dex requrements? Though I think there are enough dex nodes anyway.
"
Bringer of Rain

The most obvious answer is increased AoE, but I'd probably keep using BM and load out on auras, myself.

"
are dual claws with 15 life gain on hit better atm, or should I seek out for two 6% dmg leech claws even though I don't have VP or bloodseeker atm?

Speaking from experience: switched to a pair of 52/55 claws and my survivability went way up.

"
Oh, and btw, there is a shorter route around Ondar's Guile if you go towards the dualist nodes straight left rather than reaching it from the herbalist nodes.

I don't see it, could you link a revised tree?

"
I don't see it, could you link a revised tree?

Hehe, nevermind man, I messed up, there is actually no difference at all, so its ok.

Trying to be smart on poe tree at 5AM in the middle of the night shift doesn't really pay of does it :)
Last edited by Sparkl on Aug 23, 2014, 8:17:35 AM
Updated!

Highlight of playtesting: getting absolutely owned by Megaera in a 143% Crematorium including -max. All it takes is one 100-0 past spellblock and spell dodge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info