[1.2.0] Dual Claws Are Cool

"
chofmann wrote:
I hate temporal chains

Hate it too, but using blood rage will make temporal chains a more acceptable mob - specially with blood dance boots. (I use darkray vectors for survivability, but got some chaos res from gear)
Btw, even with -60% chaos resisits the 7% life regen from charges will make the chaos dmg close to nothing - try it out ;)

"
ftsforever wrote:
my hp is laughable at best currently.

yup, 1.1k with abyssus is lol!!!!1oneone =)

"
ftsforever wrote:
also trying to get a better crafted belt than the one i currently have to get a few extra hp

You'r rings and amy could also use an upgrade - added phys dmg WILL improve dps by quite a bit
Last edited by skyflash88 on Apr 24, 2014, 1:50:31 AM
"
skyflash88 wrote:

"
ftsforever wrote:
my hp is laughable at best currently.

yup, 1.1k with abyssus is lol!!!!1oneone =)

Yeah, but surprisingly between a 40% chance to evade, 34% (will have to double check but its around here) chance to block and acrobatics (30% to dodge) i have not really sustained any damage that my hp wasnt able to soak, granted when i get hit by a rogue or an area boss it is normally close to 1hko. but once again flicker strike saves my but coz when they turn to hit me im already somewhere else :P

"
ftsforever wrote:
also trying to get a better crafted belt than the one i currently have to get a few extra hp

You'r rings and amy could also use an upgrade - added phys dmg WILL improve dps by quite a bit
[/quote]

yeah im currently saving up for a daressos defiance, and have my eyes on a trip resist ring that will keep my resists at around cap so i can use the other slot for dps but havent had the currency for it just yet, im gonna farm a lot tomorrow so hopefully by sat this should all be fixed :D
"
chofmann wrote:
"
shrandis wrote:

Thanks for taking time to post all these suggestions, but with my current currencies, I can't even do one thing you suggested. I don't have enough sockets/links for all those gems, I don't have most of the gems either.

How should I farm so I can afford these stuff?

Shrandis, I was in a similar position as you and am now level 77 absolutely destroying 70+maps and anything merciless has to throw at me.

From looking at your gear, I would say your priorities are:

Upgrading claws
Upgrading chest
Get some HP on your jewelry (you don't need dps on jewelry right now, you get it from claws).

You say that you don't have money, but you can get some serious upgrades for cheap. How much money do you have? I'd be happy to give you some good deals on rings/ammys that I don't use anymore.

I assume that you have followed the OP's passive tree fairly accurately, but if not, please post it. Again... hp is very important. Try to get multi-strike instead of added fire damage. Also... be VERY careful using blood rage if you don't have chaos resist. Personally, I have -60% chaos resist, so I stopped using it. If I really want frenzy charges, I just use 'frenzy' attack.

Feel free to msg me in game @ chofmann. I'm usually on weekends and evenings after 10pm EST.

Good luck and don't give up!

FWIW, I think this build is fantastic, but suffers a major weakness from levels 55-68-ish as you suffer through increasingly difficult baddies but can't yet afford good equipment. Just trudge through... eventually you will laugh in Dominus' face.

Thanks mate, I added you ingame.

I have the same passive tree as the one in OP, except I put one point into Acrobatics because I felt too squishy. I can refund it if that one point is actually destroying my build :P

I bought new claws for 1c each. Now I have about 10 alch and 2c left, in addition to a couple stacks of alts. I also have 2 vaal orbs and 1 regal orb, dunno if they are worth anything.

I couldn't find a chest armor upgrade yet because it needs to be at least 4L :/

I know added fire damage is worse than multistrike, but I didn't have the currency for it. I managed to find one for cheap today and it is amazing :D
Last edited by shrandis on Apr 25, 2014, 6:37:09 AM
Still using this build, with minor modifications, also not using either BoR or Abyssus atm since I feel Abyssus is too high defensive mitigation sink, and BoR is only good till u get a GG 6L chestpiece (yeah, +15% block and extra endurance charges is a bonus, but with my Astral I can swap those 2 bonuses of BoR out to totally stop caring about resists and ele weakness maps). Using Rat's Nest for helm atm and feeling quite comfortable, the helm has pretty much no downsides except the fact it has no +life. Got 3k life atm (after I swapped out BoR, started using Maligaros and respecced few passive points, total of +56% life), feeling slightly too short on hp but that's not a big problem, it adds more fun to gameplay :) I still tend to die time to time, but thats mainly because of my lazy/suicidal/careless playstyle. #YOLO.

For people interested, here's my gear and defensive stats @ level 83:

Gear

Stats:

With Rat's Nest

With Abyssus
Last edited by d3s0 on May 10, 2014, 5:10:59 PM
Dual wielding just got a boost. Whoopee.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
A very cool build that works without much gear. OP is also very helpful and friendly.

Thanks again, hope you always keep this up to date
Thanks for the guide. Once again dual claws are cool. Claw fighters are an important archetype just as much as the big brute swinging a two hander.
First off i would like to say thank you for the awesome guide ive been looking for a nice dual claw build and this seems really good , i will be using it once the 1 month league starts. I have 2 questions

1st what are your thoughts on starting as a ranger for the extra evasion + hp and then picking Acrobatics
2nd What skill would be the cheapest to use with this set up since i prefer to play self found /sometimes buy stuff but never sell
1. Ranger start is fantastic, and honestly it's not that much difference between ranger/duelist/shadow for this build. I also have Acro on my most recent variant, and it works a charm.

2. Assuming you don't have access to a 5L, then I prefer cyclone as it's the least link-heavy...but it makes up for that by being mana-heavy. Otherwise Reave will pretty much never give you mana issues.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
I took a break once the game went live. Anybody have an update to the skill tree for a ranger? I know there was an original ranger builder posted in this thread based on level 60. I got to 50 so I'm close and have started to piece together where I want to go from there, but I need a complete redo to get current again. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info