"Map to Maker" changes in Patch 0.11.2

i cant wait for it to go full release so they can do a server wipe
"
Route1 wrote:
Dat keystone....

I love keystones that pack a lot into them. Personally, I think each notable keystone should have at least four things in them.

This. They are supposed to be "notable" after all.

If this would make some overpowered, just lower the values on the things that make it overpowered. Balance it out.

Chris,

You need to re-think this a little more man.

"If you were previously relying on public parties created by other people to find your Maps, we'd recommend you try doing runs of the Catacombs or Piety (Lunaris 3), as they're the best places to find Maps."

I'm sorry man, and I really love this game and don't like to complain, but I'm calling bullshit on this one. Being someone who solo's quite a bit, it gets VERY boring doing catacombs and lunaris. So, I try to find some public groups. Yeah....uh...guess what? Unless your in anarchy or onslaught, it's going to be aweful tough to find perma-allocation groups in standard league.Let alone any groups not falling apart after 1-2 runs thru. It's a fucking waste of time and yields pretty much NO exp at 80+.

Even if you do, the drop rates of maps is NOT what you might think it is. I had saved up a bunch of maps, and when I was able to, I started to go thru them solo. Well, for some reason, the maps stopped dropping IN those runs. I was quite happy for awhile doing maps level 66-68, always got at least one in return to continue the cycle. All the sudden,for about 5-6 runs in a row, they stopped dropping. Period. Nothing. I was getting NOTHING back from doing the maps. Even the gear drops were garbage.

If your going to do this, you need to make it so the maps drop like rain. Maps dropping IN maps should be gaurunteed. No questions asked, without a doubt. If this is how the end game is supposed to be, then we need to be able to have the mappage availiable. Just because I might pick some easier mods being that I wanna solo the map, shouldn't mean I get stuck with absolutely nothing in return.
I think map-to-maker is bologna. Maps are loot just like everything else that drops, and there is a loot system in place. If you set the loot mode to Free-For-All, any maps that drop are not yours, the maps are for whomever grabs them first. You don't like this, set the loot mode to short allocation. Any maps dropped for you, you will have a short time to pick them up without contention. All other maps that drop, for a short duration, they are again, not yours. You don't like this, set the loot mode to permanent allocation. Any maps dropped for you, you will not have worry about contention. All other maps that drop, are not yours. You don't like this, and don't like seeing maps drop for other players in an instance you created, play alone. Problem solved.

Creating an instance (any instance, regular zone or map area), and playing in a party for the increased drop quantities due to all the extra players in the instance, doesn't entitle you to everything that drops. You want everything that hits the ground to be yours, play alone. Playing in a party and having the attitude that you created the instance, and therefore, all the currency, uniques, and maps that drop are yours, is nothing more than childish, self-centered entitlement.
Please increase drop rates of high-level maps :(

I have left only with tons of 66's maps

And that seems so awful after doing level 75 map with 80% quantity!!!

And level 71 map with 127% quantity with no map drops, makes me wanna quit game. :(

Hurting solo-play a lot and what if i want to build my own map pool?
IGN: DarkForceImSuckyNoob
Last edited by Ranger21 on Jul 11, 2013, 11:11:33 AM
this right here is why I love you guys, players request something, you think about every single consequences the change would bring, and implement it to the best of your abilities + keeping everyone happy!
Go GGG!
Ranger really needed that keystone well done!!!
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
LBGxValor wrote:
i cant wait for it to go full release so they can do a server wipe

to my knowledge there will be no server wipe.
I'm loving that tree change :D
I'm not impressed by that keystone at all, problem is still that 20% looks fair, but the initial mana pool(around 600-700) is still way too low to reach decent MP regen, saying again REGEN, don't make people use mana leech lol... so for a notable changing, it should be like 100% regen for certain starter classes that have no chance or very low to get to EB. I know i know, any classes can reach if want to, but nothing useful on the way to sacrifice tons of points for EB.
About hat 20% inc. recovery amount for flasks, it is just bad way to go.

Let's make keystones like, double the mana point or +x mana gain on hit, as a support gem it would be useless, because we have an option as mana leech.

Truth be told, i am worried about this changes, because i feel nothing will actually happen, maybe the ranger will be a better choice for races, but in the actual gameplay in later levels will be the same, if you want to use 6linked LA for example only blood magic(what i presonaly hate) is the answer to go, and we all know it is alot harder now due to lower HP. Or any of you find exciting to play as a mana based 6 linked archer class as shooting twice with main attack, and then keep shooting frenzy because you have no mana to spam LA/RoA??
Last edited by Ispita on Jul 11, 2013, 12:18:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info