"Map to Maker" changes in Patch 0.11.2

"
Ranger21 wrote:
Please increase drop rates of high-level maps :(

I have left only with tons of 66's maps

And that seems so awful after doing level 75 map with 80% quantity!!!

And level 71 map with 127% quantity with no map drops, makes me wanna quit game. :(

Hurting solo-play a lot and what if i want to build my own map pool?

This so much, make the end-game less frustrating.

Make it REACHABLE for solo players.
"
On an unrelated note, here's a teaser of very early, currently unfinished, modifications to the Ranger tree we're preparing for 0.11.2.

Any chance respecs will be offered with this change?
A Belligerent Expert System
"
wiggin wrote:
I dislike the M2M change very much. I think the current implementation is perfect. Or was. New players who reach endgame will once again have tougher times while we who are already there will have it easier.

Obviously feedback is weighted this way just like it was with the level scaling change before but the direction is once again wrong. The game should not favor senior players too much or the new ones will ... not play.

Reconsider!

cheers
w.

P.S.
Catacombs are stupid zone. Sure I run them sometimes on my ranged chars that don't get shotgun cold spells in their face, but some people, however weird and unnatural it may sound, play melee.

Way I see it is that people who actually need to do maps need to do so because xp is not coming from anywhere else (~ lvl80+). So, losing any maps hurts them and not having the option to play public due to losing out on maps they need (which gives them extra xp) hurts them even more.
Those who have only just reached endgame likely already have a couple maps and would seemingly grind a little anyhow just as the people who currently have maps have done.

What would be great is if there was another place outside of catacombs that had the scroll rack. Also, piety merciless on her first death if she could drop 2-3 maps to get people rolling (then back to the way it currently is now so people don't farm her for tons of maps) would likely be an ideal solution.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Rogomatic wrote:
Any chance respecs will be offered with this change?

full respec will be given for those, who going through on certain talent nodes that will be changed.
I never understood the M2M obsession but if it encourages more group play then I am all for it.
RIP Bolto
In my opinion the whole series of 66 - 68 maps have become utterly useless since they upped the game area levels in act3. Now I just level up by running the all so easy Catacombs till Lv.80
The last thing I want to do now is run my fifty or so 66 maps I've gotten from the farming runs. So instead I Sold them just to buy a bulk of thirty 69 maps and continue XP farming from that point.
While I thank GGG for the area level increase, cause now every unique is accessible, I feel the point of running 66 - 68 maps is kinda useless/outdated. No reason to run them IF u want to get ur hands on Lioneyes/Kaoms etc.. like it was before the area lv increase.

ALSO on a side note, what happens when the last act comes out this year/next year? Should we expect 75 - 78 zones? I'd assume so..
Whats the point of the whole map system all together then? Shrine is fun and all but yeah..
Guess the whole map system will get a area buff as well by then? 66 become 76 and so on..till 87?
Makes reaching level 100 a bit easier so that's a plus. But this change well bring new iLv. rolls, making endgame gear from nowadays complete junk then?

Anyway, getting way ahead of myself. Devs can ignore me :)
They must've thought this through already but are probably not allowed to elaborate on this issue at this point of the game.
I'm overall happy with the game state now and always looking forward whats new to keep me/us attached. So far it's working.
IGNs: [TempCI, Flamin, - Std] / [EK_Tanker - HC]
[Comstark, ShavronnesMistress - Anarchy] [MontreGulsTITANS, - Dom / CLHS_Tank - Nemesis]
[Atziri_Achiever - Ambush] / [ArcerONaRampage - Rampage]
Last edited by Promo1987 on Jul 11, 2013, 2:19:27 PM
Yay more mana for rangers!!!!
IGN: MojozBallsAreHuge
I like the map to maker idea but I believe players should be able to choose if they want it on or off. M
Really excited for the ranger tree changes for a lot of reasons.

1. My current character goes through the ranger section of the tree, so I'm interested in how this will affect it.
2. I screwed up when respeccing my 85 LA ranger on HC from 11.0 LOL :D
3. Races!

As for M2M, in the groups I play in we always give maps to the creator anyways, so this has no effect on me other than more convenient that we don't have to flip magic/rare maps. Still will flip unique maps though.

Also, that node has like 7 links coming out of it. Jesus.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
I would just like to see maps somehow yield more XP and perhaps even drops.....

M2M changes ok for me.

Maybe with Ranger changes on passives (once implemented with patch) I will consider trying a Ranger, I mostly prefer and play Melee ARPG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info