(Aug 19 NZT) Hardcore No-Party Ladder Race

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

Duration: Three hours
Hardcore: Yes
Partying: Disabled
Start time: 9am NZ time, Sunday Aug 19 (2pm Saturday Pacific Time)

Due to popular request, we're trying a league where partying is not possible. This is not the default for future events, it's just an experiment.

Top Prizes:
The top five players of each class by experience will receive prizes.
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Presence (Unique Amulet), 10 random currency items (see list in the rules post)
  • #2 player of each class: 8 random currency items
  • #3 player of each class: 6 random currency items
  • #4 player of each class: 4 random currency items
  • #5 player of each class: 2 random currency items

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 32: 39 random currency items
  • Level 31: 32 random currency items
  • Level 30: 26 random currency items
  • Level 29: 21 random currency items
  • Level 28: 17 random currency items
  • Level 27: 14 random currency items
  • Level 26: 12 random currency items
  • Level 25: 11 random currency items
  • Level 24: 10 random currency items
  • Level 23: 9 random currency items
  • Level 20-22: 8 random currency items
  • Level 18-19: 7 random currency items
  • Level 16-17: 6 random currency items
  • Level 14-15: 5 random currency items
  • Level 12-13: 4 random currency items
  • Level 10-11: 3 random currency items

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 6 random currency items - FvckZyxRealTalk
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 6 random currency items - WaRangan
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 6 random currency items - TeamSolo
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 6 random currency items - EnsamVargen
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 8 random currency items - Krippars
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 8 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 8 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 8 random currency items - Boomjoose_event

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive the listed currency items for that area.

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 9 random currency items - VictololHC
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 9 random currency items - Nurai
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 9 random currency items - Nurai
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 9 random currency items
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 18, 2012, 8:27:14 PM
Why was this popularly requested?
Awesome. Cannot wait. Now we're talking.
---
SMASH
"
chuk15 wrote:

Because a group of players was winning most of the Demigod's Presences each race, and solo players were attributing that success to a party advantage.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
"
chuk15 wrote:

Because a group of players was winning most of the Demigod's Presences each race, and solo players were attributing that success to a party advantage.

The way you phrased this totally foreshadows you guys still winning them, even without being able to party.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
awesome sounds fun,the ppl who still know the fastest routes will win and what not, but it will be interesting to see if different builds work better than others solo.
"
duhGypsy wrote:
awesome sounds fun,the ppl who still know the fastest routes will win and what not, but it will be interesting to see if different builds work better than others solo.

Definately will be interesting. I nkow certain builds I tinkered with got stuck at different times, and needed to be much different lvl/equip to get past different points.

Actually it would also be interesting to see comparison death counts!! I'm thinking this because, as a party the enemy damage is usually shared around more, while as solo, it's harder (but not impossible) to avoid damage to regen (everything will be chasing you all the time).
Even if the usual people end up taking the race, it'll certainly be a lot closer than with parties. I don't think anybody can claim that parties don't have a massive advantage in act 2 if they know what they are doing with the way quests are set up.

This race will be fun! It'll be interesting to see the results.
Last edited by Septile on Aug 15, 2012, 1:12:37 AM
Meh, I have won quite a few times without a party. In fact I always solo races. IMDissapoint has probably won the most demigods ever (most of which I’m sure were solo). Being in a party does not really make you better at rushing. Having said that I look forward to an even playing field.
RIP Bolto
No party, perfect! This is gonna be awesome! I got to rank #24 last time, maybe i'll do better this time!
See you, Space Cowboy...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info