(Aug 19 NZT) Hardcore No-Party Ladder Race

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I will definitely preform at a lower standard as a solo player given 90% my practising has been done in groups, therefore our skill levels should be closer to each other since I probably have played just as much as most people (or less) as a solo character.

I have never run a whole 3 hour test alone, because that would be boring as hell, so I have been interested to see what level I can get anyway. I expect the results to be less clear-cut
Cool. Looking forward to it.

Okay, so from what I've gathered by asking around in game, being in a party of 6 nets you:
-Enemies with ~450% HP. ~75% per player.
-Enemy damage increased 5 times by "slightly". +50%? +100%?
-Better loot acquisition because the party generally covers all 6 classes, leaving only the actually useless items unused (as opposed to useless+things that aren't for my class when solo).
-Vastly increased kiting capabilities.

When people talk like partying up isn't an advantage, what exactly do they have in mind that outweighs the quite clear advantages? The bonus enemy damage?
"
ciortas1 wrote:
Cool. Looking forward to it.

Okay, so from what I've gathered by asking around in game, being in a party of 6 nets you:
-Enemies with ~450% HP. ~75% per player.
-Enemy damage increased 5 times by "slightly". +50%? +100%?
-Better loot acquisition because the party generally covers all 6 classes, leaving only the actually useless items unused (as opposed to useless+things that aren't for my class when solo).
-Vastly increased kiting capabilities.

When people talk like partying up isn't an advantage, what exactly do they have in mind that outweighs the quite clear advantages? The bonus enemy damage?
There is SO MUCH wrong with this, firstly and most importantly, damage does not change at all when you party, it does not increase or decrease.

Take a look at the Mechanics thread
"
Metronomy wrote:
There is SO MUCH wrong with this, firstly and most importantly, damage does not change at all when you party, it does not increase or decrease.

Take a look at the Mechanics thread
'Kay, so what exactly are the negatives of partying up? Because aside from the enemy damage thing, which you say is false, I can't think of much.

Edit: In fact, that turns into another huge positive, multiplying the health pool of the dungeoneers by 6.
Last edited by ciortas1 on Aug 15, 2012, 5:06:20 AM
I think that if you truly believe that parting is an advantage, then you should join a party. My reasons for being in a party are more for enjoyment, but there are also advantages & disadvantages when you are in a party. I didnt want you to see my failure at maths, so I didnt put figures up that will probably be wrong. But just for you, I will show you what I think a party of 6 changes in terms of games mechanics.

It is clear that 4 things are effected through game mechanics (which I directed you to before):

• Effect on monsters
    350% More HP
  • Effect on loot
    350% Increased Quantity for player on killing blow
  • Effect on experience
    164.5% Exp per player (assuming all characters are the same level)
  • Effect on flasks
    375% Increased charge recovery on killing blow

My calculations are probably wrong somehow, and Im likely to have used the wrong definitive words, so dont take my word for it. If you are looking for a negative, it is that monsters have 3.5 times the life they normally have
Last edited by Metronomy on Aug 15, 2012, 5:23:54 AM
very good league! Unfortunately, i don't have time this weekend, but i'm looking forward to future events.
Partying surely gives you some advantage, although i think its not that big a difference.

I hope that we will have a non-party Cut-Throat-Event some day! This will be really awesome, because here partying gives a very huge advantage. More importantly, having to play solo is much more Cut-Throat-like.
Of course you could still walk around with your friends, but you cannot just spam AoE attacks due to friendly fire and, of course, they can turn on you at any time ...
"
Metronomy wrote:
I think that if you truly believe that parting is an advantage, then you should join a party. My reasons for being in a party are more for enjoyment, but there are also advantages & disadvantages when you are in a party. I didnt want you to see my failure at maths, so I didnt put figures up that will probably be wrong. But just for you, I will show you what I think a party of 6 changes in terms of games mechanics.

It is clear that 4 things are effected through game mechanics (which I directed you to before):

• Effect on monsters
    350% More HP
  • Effect on loot
    350% Increased Quantity for player on killing blow
  • Effect on experience
    164.5% Exp per player (assuming all characters are the same level)
  • Effect on flasks
    375% Increased charge recovery on killing blow

My calculations are probably wrong somehow, and Im likely to have used the wrong definitive words, so dont take my word for it. If you are looking for a negative, it is that monsters have 3.5 times the life they normally have

Also a negative to grouping, though it can be reduced through practice with a team over time, is coordination.

It's a pretty subjective thing and can't be measured in terms of numbers, but it is more difficult to coordinate movement and attacking of multiple players against groups of monsters.

Playing solo it is simple to circle up groups of monsters for efficient slaying, while being in a party(especially a full one) you end up with monsters peeling away to go after other players, people end up standing there wailing on a single monster that has a much higher ratio of HP to their damage.

This is just for regular monster slaying and not for bosses. In a large group bosses become a lot simpler as all the players have the same target and the more fragile ones can spend less time kiting and more time dpsing.

So there are plenty of ups and downs to grouping, I just think to be very effective at grouping, you need to practice at it, preferably with the same group of people so you learn how each other works, as the top groupers do.
Thats probably the biggest disadvantage, in a 6 person party there are many times when I cant tell what is even happening, which can be attributed to more deaths.
Would love to take part in 1 of these 3 hour hardcore races but no 1 seems to think about the little people in different places.

In Thailand that time is 4am in the morning and i'm sorry to say that its the same time every race.

So yet again at my age i struggle to get up at 7am so have no chance at 4am.

Maybe something worth thinking about seeing as how you are accomodating European players with a seperate timed 1 hour Cutthroat event.

Thanks.
Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
This is great! Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info