[not updated for 1.0] HP Physical and Elemental Wander Guide (Power Siphon/Frenzy) | Oos

"
Midas_ wrote:
Same 106 points build, shadow side.
U think it worth invest on power charges + frenzy? Frenzy + Power Siphon.
I just go for EB, then now im going down to duelist side. Then wand nodes at late game..afterall, it's so hard to catch a good wand. :(

nway:

here's the idea:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAP0FtQzyDkgOrQ-rEZYRvxR1FLAWbxdQGNseGiFgJDwmlSepKLUppSpbLIUuCDB8Mgk0yzY9Ou0-zz9zQKBDnEk7SVFKfUwtTZJQMFFHVUtVxlb6WhpabV8qYIhhUmHiY0NnoGe9bWxte3BScn50QXRVdPF313jOfM5_K3_Ggh6DvYcZh3aIa4w2jb-boZ2jn8uio6XLpzSnXKp_qrismLVIvebAUcHzz2XQ0ND70hnVHNbR2wvbXt3n44TmiOd06-Tub-9O8NnxdvPq99f8q_zF_5M=

Solo focused, for sure.

Yeah get wand nodes late game, you want to focus on getting a lot of defense first. Are you still considering getting those boots? It might be hard for you do be dual weild and max out all your resists, because you'll have unique boots, no shield and maybe unique gloves too. Jewelry can get insane dps stats too so can be hard to get dps and resists.

Later on you could respec those three 6% life nodes in the Shadow tree and get the Golem's Blood cluster in Duelist tree.

You might not need Unwavering Stance on your character either, it's pretty easy to out range monsters with this build, using a skelly totem to tank. You're solo tho so will draw more agro, up to you of course. I'd just rather spend those points in the top of the tree (phys to ele conversion nodes) or on health nodes.

I had a little play around and got this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAP0FLQW1DPIOSA6tD6sRlhG_FHUUsBZvF1AY2x4aIWAkPCaVJ6kpVCmlKlsshS4IMHw0yzY9Ou0-zz9zQKBDnElRSn1KmkwtTZJQMFFHVUtVxlb6WhpabV8qYEth4mNDZ6BnvW1sbXtwUnRBdFV07XTxd9d4znrvfM5_K3_Ggh6DvYcZh3aHnohrjDaNv5uhnaOeuaKjpcunNKdcqn-quKyYtUi95sBRwfPPZdDQ0PvSGdUc1tHbC9te3efjhOaI53Tr5O5v8Xbz6vfX_GT8q_zF_5M=
Really liking your build, might do a variation of it with those boots :D
IGN: @Oos
Im going crazy with this! Hahaha :P
Yea im grabbing all HP nodes, IR, first then im going for damage nodes.
Yea, you have a point...how the hell im gonna max out my resists? :(
Maybe should i give up my dual wield and go for 1h/shield? I was really loving the dual wand idea + frezy boots (Go on, stack 7 Frenzy Charges, then fullpower on Power Siphon)...maybe im just dreaming xD
It's a little complicate to me, first character...so, lot's of mistakes.
btw, power siphon outdamage frenzy? Did u know something about that?
"
Midas_ wrote:
Im going crazy with this! Hahaha :P
Yea im grabbing all HP nodes, IR, first then im going for damage nodes.
Yea, you have a point...how the hell im gonna max out my resists? :(
Maybe should i give up my dual wield and go for 1h/shield? I was really loving the dual wand idea + frezy boots (Go on, stack 7 Frenzy Charges, then fullpower on Power Siphon)...maybe im just dreaming xD
It's a little complicate to me, first character...so, lot's of mistakes.
btw, power siphon outdamage frenzy? Did u know something about that?

Maybe focus on using the boots and a shield, you can use a 24% all resist kite shield base, and max out pretty easily. Then late game, when you're like 80-85+ with good gear you might be able to drop the shield and go dual wield. That will save you some skill points too, you wont need to get the dual wield passives for a while.

Yeah Power Siphon out damages Frenzy when they're leveled up. You can test them yourself but Power Siphon scales better with physical damage. You should use Power Siphon on AOE to Culling Strike large groups of monsters and build Power Charges/crit. Then use Frenzy for Single Target.
Hi. I really like your idea of avoiding CI still. I was going to try a phys wander since i had a vaguely good drop the other day and have been wanting to play a power siphon wander.

But I started off based on some other guide and so far I've been a bit disappointed... I also have almost no CI gear to begin with, so I'd have to start basically all over finding gear, therefore your build is very appealing.

So far I've built this:

Is it too late for this guy already and easier to start over? Or is there a way to salvage the 10 or so hours of time?
"
nogglebeak wrote:
Hi. I really like your idea of avoiding CI still. I was going to try a phys wander since i had a vaguely good drop the other day and have been wanting to play a power siphon wander.

But I started off based on some other guide and so far I've been a bit disappointed... I also have almost no CI gear to begin with, so I'd have to start basically all over finding gear, therefore your build is very appealing.

So far I've built this:

Is it too late for this guy already and easier to start over? Or is there a way to salvage the 10 or so hours of time?

You can pretty easily respec your build to something similar to mine, you could probably respec just from the free quest respecs, and not using any Orb of Regrets.
I'd recommend focusing your points into HP so you can get to end game easier.

Also, you can easily respec again into CI later when you have some good ES gear. That new unique belt is pretty insane for CI wander.
Last edited by Oos on Jul 7, 2013, 2:41:25 PM
How good of a wand do you need to make a go of this? This is the best wand I have atm (I hesitate to call it a phys wand), worried about stalling out before I can find/acquire an upgrade.

"
dessloc wrote:
How good of a wand do you need to make a go of this? This is the best wand I have atm (I hesitate to call it a phys wand), worried about stalling out before I can find/acquire an upgrade.

Yeah that's a decent starter wand. I dunno what the rest of your gear is like but maybe focus on upgrading your wand first.
Just got skill tree reset at 51 (Shadow)
I think i will give up of dual wield (some ppl said that dual wield bonus nodes doens't aplly to wands. Can't risk.)
Any tips? :\
Don't know where to go, haha.
"
Midas_ wrote:
Just got skill tree reset at 51 (Shadow)
I think i will give up of dual wield (some ppl said that dual wield bonus nodes doens't aplly to wands. Can't risk.)
Any tips? :\
Don't know where to go, haha.

I'd probably do something like that as Shadow, the start nodes are decent.
and wands do get the dual wield attack speed bonus, check the "My Stats" section of the first post, I have dual wield stats there.
Last edited by Oos on Jul 16, 2013, 12:49:43 PM
"
Oosband wrote:

Although this is a "physical" build, the damage is a good mix of Physical, Elemental and also Physical to Elemental damage conversion. You want to focus on getting a high physical wand, preferably also with an elemental roll.

It's impossible to get max physical with an elemental roll since there a three physical prefixes and all elemental rolls are prefixes. Do you think DPS would be higher if you dropped the physical/accuracy hybrid roll for an elemental roll? I'm talking theoretical max here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info