[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

First of all, thank you very much for the guide and your awesome posts. I am a newbie in this game and this thread caught my attention the first time i am looking for a guide build.

I have some questions regarding my build and i really hope you're willing to share some thoughts about it.

My passive:

My gear:
Spoiler

Stash:

*Please tell me something about my passive tree and gear because i am having some issues :D

Current lvl 78

I am having issues around:
Spoiler
MANA
I am now using Blood Magic on my BoR. Before i even take the Shaper node (mana regen rate), wearing 1% Mana leech and using only Hatred aura and often my char still often saying "my spirit is spent". So i decided to use Blood Magic rather than Added Fire Damage for now. Losing around 4k DPS from that gem is sad.

Spoiler
Block cap
1% more to reach the cap. Something wrong in my passives in my current level?

Spoiler
Spent 2 points just to get 30Dex node (Expertise)
If i don't take that node, i can't use the BoR. Something i should do with my jewelries?

I even spent 2 points to take 1% Life leech because i don't have LL mods.

Spoiler
Resistances
Fire 51% (51%) - Cold 71% (71%) - Lightning 77%(78%). My Fire resist is low than the others. Should i try to look for another rings/amulet or somehow rework the passives?

I'd really appreciate your time reading and analyzing these. Once again, thank you very much.

Cheers
Thanks for the guy F********J who over-paid me with 30c and a 6L Belly. Good luck to you bro!
Well your gear is ok, it can be better but it's fine.

About the mana if shaper is not enough you can add the Mana Flows too. Or even Clarity with blood magic and run Determination too. By the way you don't forget to carry an instant recovery mana flask and use it now and then right?

Having 74% block chance is not that different from having a 75% so don't worry about it.

Well it would be nice if you have dex and Life leech on your gear.. and yes you should look for jewelry with those mods.

About the resists... take a 6% all res node to cap your cold and and 15% fire and you should be ok until you get the jewelry you need.

Basicly you should try to get rings/amulet that will "fill up the holes" Mana/life leech; dex; resists; possibly life; and the mandatory physical damge of course. And until you have what you need you just do what you can with the passive tree and when you get the jewelryit would be like having free passive skill point when you respec the nodes that you no longer need.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well your gear is ok, it can be better but it's fine.

About the mana if shaper is not enough you can add the Mana Flows too. Or even Clarity with blood magic and run Determination too. By the way you don't forget to carry an instant recovery mana flask and use it now and then right?

Having 74% block chance is not that different from having a 75% so don't worry about it.

Well it would be nice if you have dex and Life leech on your gear.. and yes you should look for jewelry with those mods.

About the resists... take a 6% all res node to cap your cold and and 15% fire and you should be ok until you get the jewelry you need.

Basicly you should try to get rings/amulet that will "fill up the holes" Mana/life leech; dex; resists; possibly life; and the mandatory physical damge of course. And until you have what you need you just do what you can with the passive tree and when you get the jewelryit would be like having free passive skill point when you respec the nodes that you no longer need.

After some respec for the Shaper and Mana Flow and some resistances, now i can play my char more easily and enjoyable.

It's good to have someone's opinion so i can learn and think furthermore.

Best thread in this forum so far for me.
Thanks for the guy F********J who over-paid me with 30c and a 6L Belly. Good luck to you bro!
Thanks mate . I'm glad i could help!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
hi, im lv77 using BoR, and my dps with aura only fetch me to 3084 on character info.. but i see yr screen shot yr dps is 42421..

thats like 39k way off.. is there someting wrong?
i folowed e passive tree of your marauder

Ign : BahBahBlueSheep
I've got absolutely no idea how you get 3084 dps witht that gear... that's beyond impossible! Are you sure that you are looking at the Infernal blow damage and not the basic attack damage ? Because you still have basic attack listed in your character sheet. A screenshot will be very much appriciated.. because having 3k is impossible... i have 2.4 k on my level 24 Facebreaker with crap gear and only gloves + meginord... and on 4 links! So something is terribly wrong here.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 13, 2014, 3:23:12 PM
hatred aura on

Spoiler

Your BASIC attack is 3k , your Infernal blow is 14k ss you are off with 28k DPS compared to me.

So now let me explain why its only 14k and not 42k
There are small but alot of reasons and when they add up you get the big difference.

1. Your amulets and rings provide less than the optimal amount of flat physical damage
2. The BoR has less flat physical damage
3. You use Blood magic gem instead of added fire damage gem and that's HUGE difference
4. You are in Dominion and having non-legacy Facebreakers of course brings down the damage
4. The BoR has level 18 Faster Attacks and Melee Physical Damage at 0% Quality
5. Your gems are not level 20

The fact that you use BoR + Blood Magic + Legacy Facebreakers costs you 20k+ DPS
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 13, 2014, 6:15:16 PM
some qns to yr ans..

2. The BoR has less flat physical damage
so abyssus is a better choice? and wat chest plate wld be recommended?

3. You use Blood magic gem instead of added fire damage gem and that's HUGE difference
with current build, i cant seem to run infernal blow with mana, the regen is way too slow

Well BoR is cheaper compared to a 6 linked astral plate ( i'd suggest astral plate ) and you get more block BUT with AByssus you get very big damage boost ( just take of your amulet and one of your rings and you'll see the difference between BoR nad AByssus in terms of damage ) and you'll have more armour and more resists ( due to the chest ) + the attributes of the AByssus ( dexterity especialy ) is very helpful. The downside is the extra physical damage that you'll take.. but that's hardly noticable really. So basicly Abyssus + 6L Chest is more expensive but way better than BoR ( note that BoR is slightly better than Abyssus + 5L Chest ).

You can use Infernal Blow without Blood Magic support gem only if you have mana leech on a ring/amulet. If you have troubles then you can get the Shaper node and even the Mana flows node.. that's 4 passives but it's worth it! Anyway first of all you need mana leech from your gear ( even 1% is usualy enough .. more is better of course ) , without it - it's impossible

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info