[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

New player here who decided to test out your build. Having my share of troubles as far as survivability goes and was hoping I could have you point out where ive gone wrong.
Currently I do maps T8-11 abit of solo but mostly in a grp of 3-4 people and I just find myself getting oneshot costing me precious experience. After a two hour long play sesion I find myself to have no progress whatsoever on my xp bar. As far as my Damage goes its pretty good conc effect takes its toll on my range but im pretty satisfied with how quickly I can dispatch of mobs and bosses alike.

This is my talent tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAADuBLMFLQY5CTMLYQz3EuEUIBUgFewZtBo-G5cbrSP2Kk0s6S2DLlMvzDJONZI8BTwtPQ894j38PydAoEMxR35I7krITZJQR1FgU7tYY18_YuxlTWebaPJr1G6qcql07XaseK55OXrve9R82X11fuKDX4PMhJSE2YTvhrOJcYrwogCi6qOKqZWqzayvrj6vbK-nsbO18raKtz65Hb02vqe_1cBmwL_BgsQVxFjE9sauypDPftE202_Tfti92sHiLORR6UbqGOxc7w7veu988B_yL_MG9kj2o_cy-6r-Cv66?accountName=washiolka66&characterName=Dishwasherdetergent

and this is my gear:

This is my first time making a post like this if there is any more information you could make use of please ask.
Well what can i say ... first of all you lack determination thus you literally loose half of your armour thus you get X time squishier. I'm almost 100% sure that your resistances are not capped ... that's ... a HUGE problem - hell ... i'd say that if you don't have 75% fire/cold/lightning resistances in merciless you shouldn't start mapping at all. Get rid of the Sorrow of the Divine flask - it destroys your life regen ( literally .. you have no life regen when you activate it ).

So in the end with much less armour, uncapped resists and Sorrow of the Divine ... you are in for some terrible experience.

About concentrated effect - if you find that your AoE is not good enough get rrid of it and use Increased Area of Effect ( that's what i do btw )

EDIT: Disregard the comments about Determination - i've spotted it in your ring. The other points are still valid. Overall i'm pretty sure that the main problem are the resists.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 26, 2016, 2:56:33 PM
Thank you for your reply

for starters I do have determination my ring is socketed also my resistances are all capped from jewels (ele weakness puts me under cap)Gonna remove the sorrow of divine flask (cant believe I didnt read that buff effect) any suggestions for what I should put in place of it? Ill try switching between conc and increased aoe I allready have the gem at lvl 17.
http://puu.sh/rWuGy/d6065a2e6e.jpg here is an image of my defense tab (Dried lake merciless)

and my offense tab http://puu.sh/rWuQy/78305c3e0f.jpg

Any suggestions for gear changes? My budget at the moment consists of 26 chaos but I think I could farm/sell to reach 1 exalt.
I also have 14 respec points if that makes any difference.

Again thank you for the quick reply seeing how active the forum thread for this build was, and the depth of your guide is what made me commit to this build in the first place.

Oh it's great that you have capped your resists ( your gear made me worried :) )
In that case ... i can't really see a big reason for why you die as much.
What exactly kills you ?

As for gear - the bloodgrip could be upgraded with a better rare amulet, but other than that everything looks fine.

You said that you use jewels to cap your resistances, does that mean that you don't use Martial Artistry and Warlord's Reach? If that's the case, that combined with conc. effect definitely leads to painful AoE radius
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 26, 2016, 3:13:21 PM
Well for starters Physreflect is very hard to do so I tend to avoid those maps. Bosses on the maps The museum tier 9 and the crypt tier 9 (allthough ive started being more concious about his discharge attack so its not as bad as it used to be). Other than that its just that I go into packs and my health drops unexpectedly, sometimes I charge out of a pack to get away alive only to be finished off by my bloodrage.

Any thoughts on what I should have instead of the sorrow of the divine flask?

Also this is my first melee build and my first character that I run maps above tier 4 with so it might just be a lack of experience on playing melee.

EDIT

I didnt read your last paragraph of your reply. I do have warlords reach and martial artistry (15% roll) I have one of each.
Last edited by washiolka66 on Oct 26, 2016, 3:41:52 PM
taht sounds like sorrow of the divine screwing you over, especially the blood rage part and the museum boss ( which deals mostly chaos damage over time ) .. with this build your life regeneration should be much higher than the degeneration of blood rage, almost twice as much in your case actually.

As for the flasks well ... you need to change quite a lot of things. You should get the Atziri promise flask which is dirt cheap yet it is insanely powerful. The Rubi Concoction is the next one that you want to get - it gives you a lot of armour and it caps your block chance which is a huge help in any situation ( vs reflect included ) and of course the last one is Taste of Hate .... but it's quite expensive ... so it will probably wait. An important advice that i can give you is this : don't underestimate your flasks, in fact they are one of the most import gear pieces in PoE ( many might argue that they are THE most import ones )

Oh and don't forget to carry the Saffell's frame shield on swap and switch to it vs caster bosses that give you trouble... capped spell block and + max resists is no joke!
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 26, 2016, 3:57:32 PM

Here are the flasks I ended up buying, and taste of haste definitely has to wait out of my pricerange.

Thank you for all the advice I really appreciate the help.

EDIT: My character hasn't seen this big of a power spike since I equipped my abyssus holy moly thanks Korgoth. I also ended up getting into the habbit of only using conc effect on bosses. I was too obsessed with pure numbers that I wouldn't use inc aoe on clearing packs.
Last edited by washiolka66 on Oct 27, 2016, 8:56:36 AM
Hopefully you'll see some improvements with your new flasks
A 798% Facebreaker dropped for me in Essence so I've been trying out a Facebreaker build. I'm only level 50 or so, but while leveling I've been using The Warden's Brand Iron Ring and it has been an extremely significant portion of my damage, but you said that there are no unique rings good for a Facebreaker build. Is there a reason I'm not seeing that I shouldn't be using it?

P.S.: You have two "So which golem should I use?" points, with one of them simply being more detailed than the other one. Is this intentional?
Last edited by Nuraihyon on Oct 28, 2016, 4:52:08 AM
"
Nuraihyon wrote:
A 798% Facebreaker dropped for me in Essence so I've been trying out a Facebreaker build. I'm only level 50 or so, but while leveling I've been using The Warden's Brand Iron Ring and it has been an extremely significant portion of my damage, but you said that there are no unique rings good for a Facebreaker build. Is there a reason I'm not seeing that I shouldn't be using it?

Well the thing about Warden's brand is that while it provides a significant amounts of flat physical damage it also has an unpleasantly high amounts of reduced attack speed. In the end a rare ring with around 8-14 flat physical damage provides the same amounts of damage while at the same time a rare ring can give you resists ( much needed when you have so many pretty much mandatory uniques that lack resists ) and life ( and you can never have enough life )

"
Nuraihyon wrote:
P.S.: You have two "So which golem should I use?" points, with one of them simply being more detailed than the other one. Is this intentional?

Ha! Thanks for noticing ! I guess i've forgot to delete the old ( less detailed ) one . It is taken care of now thanks to you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info