[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
The new expansion looks pretty awesome! And all of the Duelist sub-classes are announced :P
And from what i see the Champion sub-class is definitely the one to pick for this build. Nice survivability boost, some damage and free Fortify!

Haha yea, but the passive spell block from Gladiator one is so tempting
Indeed it is! I've been thinking about that option too. And of course ... we need to see the rest of the marauder sub-classes too, maybe the marauder would be the better option in the end. By the way we should not forget that we'll get only 6 passives to allocate in the subclass passive tree. So for Gladiator perhaps - Pain Forged + Versatile Combatant + Violent Retaliation OR Gratuitous Violence. And for Champion - Unstoppable Hero + Fortitude + First to Strike, Last to Fall

P.S. I really hope that corrupted items would be enchantable ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 20, 2015, 7:05:13 PM
Holy shet versatile combatant.
I am a marauder doe..... Am I screwed :(

Edit: what if theres already some spellblock on your char? will they stack?
Last edited by eddiec93 on Nov 21, 2015, 12:18:41 AM
Judging by how the legacy Saffell's Frame work it seems to me that they should indeed stack.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
This thread has had so much sweet information in it as I honed my facebreaker over these last months. Thanks KorgothBG!

It's finally complete, and is optimized for fast clears and aoe with 250k tooltip... wanted to share with you guys. Just recorded a map if anyone is curious:

78 Academy- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VteIiGfKPk&feature=youtu.be

And here's the build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1482301
KorgothBG love the the guide vary comprehensive. I am using some of your build to help me get my dominating blow build set up. I was wondering if you could give me any specific advice for a dominating blow build. I went marauder and I would to have a nice balanced build. I don't want to be too focused on buffing my minions that I lose out on some good defense or DPS nodes. I still want my dominated monsters to be effective as well. my only concern is for certain bosses DB is worthless due to lack of spawns or too much AOE. I need a decent skill I can still fall back on like cyclone or infernal blow. I also was wondering about you thoughts on not running with Blood Magic to free up a support gem.

here is a build i got set up so far
Well i've been playing with Dominating blow for around 3 months ( before 2.0 ... so before the nerf ). And what i can say is that i've found absolutely no reason to take increased duration nodes. The minions stay long enough to get new minions. So it's not a problem to maintain 20-25 minions at any given time and that number is more than enough in my opinion. Personally i've never found the minions to be the main damage source and again ... that's even before the nerf .. and now that's more true than ever.

As for no blood magic. You could pull it off with some mana leech and some mana regen and the occasional mana flask. The good thing about that is that you free up a socket, but the drawbacks are the following:

- you can't reserve 100% of your mana so you'll have to give up an aura
- you loose a flask slot ... i know that it doesn't sound like that big of a deal ... but for me at least it is ( which one to get rid of ... taste of hate ? atziri promise? Rumi? Life/dispell bleeding? Quicksilver ? There is just no room for a mana flask )
- maps with reduced mana regen will become very annoying
- you'll probably need to spend 2-3 passives on the tree for mana related nodes
- you'll need even more specialized rings/amulet ( because you'll need mana leech on at least one of them ) ... and that's harder to get and more expensive.

In the end it's up to you :)
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well i've been playing with Dominating blow for around 3 months ( before 2.0 ... so before the nerf ). And what i can say is that i've found absolutely no reason to take increased duration nodes. The minions stay long enough to get new minions. So it's not a problem to maintain 20-25 minions at any given time and that number is more than enough in my opinion. Personally i've never found the minions to be the main damage source and again ... that's even before the nerf .. and now that's more true than ever.
ok cool but what is your opinion on picking up some minion nodes is it worth the sill investment for some extra minion fire power. i like your gear choice but is there any gear that might support a dominating blow build better. lastly can you still make a decent DB build that is endgame/uber atziri viable since the 2.0 nerf.
"
sipress wrote:
ok cool but what is your opinion on picking up some minion nodes is it worth the sill investment for some extra minion fire power.

Definitely not wort it.

"
sipress wrote:
i like your gear choice but is there any gear that might support a dominating blow build better.

No, not if you want to use Facebreakers at least.

"
sipress wrote:
lastly can you still make a decent DB build that is endgame/uber atziri viable since the 2.0 nerf.

Sure you can. Would it be better than some other unarmed attack options - not really, but would it still be viable - yes it will be viable.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 23, 2015, 3:03:56 AM
ok thanks, so the optimal build for DB is just sticking with the build you have set up for facebreakers for dps/defense. DB may not do as much damage as cyclone ect but it still works.
Last edited by sipress on Nov 23, 2015, 3:43:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info