[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Sure i remember you man :)

So i have some ... things to say...
First this "The tankiness is far greater than a normal facebreaker" with the Aegis + Rainbowstrides + Lazhwar .. it's just not right .. actually it's veery far from the truth. A couple of months ago i've tried extensiveley the combo with facebreaekrs and it's not as good as you think and definitely not as good as "normal facebreaker" not even cose actually. With Lazhwar you loose tons of damage but that's not the biggest problem, the thing is that you loose huge amonts of armour and life. With easier content it's not as noticable but later on with more difficult content surviving becomes a real nightmare. Unblocked big physical hits one-shot you and when ou reach good dps numbers you one-shot yourself with physical reflect... i've died again and again with the Aegis + Rainbowstrides + Lazhwar while with the "normal facebreaker" i just .. don't die.
So yeah ... "The tankiness is far greater than a normal facebreaker" .. no ... just no. Sure it works to some extent , but better - no, not even on-par. What it does better is how you handle small hits ( in theory ) but in reallity you never notice small hits anyway ...

About vengeance .. i gess you've missed that bt it doesn't work with Facebreaker anymore ... it wasn't working for months ( it's mentioned in the guide too ;) )

I recommend using Blood Rage in the Awakening ... it's just way too good!

For Ice Crash .. i'd say no to conc effect .. it cripples the aoe of Ice crash so badly ... t's terrible.

I'd say Ice Crash + Faster Attack + Melee Physical + Blood Magic + Fortify + Added Fire Damage OR Increased area of effect OR hypotermia ... it's up to yo for the 6th gem.

About the tree ... idk man ... 7 points for 5% block ... not worth it if you ask me.

As auras .. if you despite my advice you decide to stick to the Aegis + Rainbows + Lazhwar go for Grace + Hatred and stick to Iron Reflexes. If you decide to listen to me and switch to a more tradinional gear get rid of Iron Reflexes and instead of Grace use Determination.

In the past few posts i've explained very detailed about IR, grace and determination with number.

Also about HoA .. you need level 3 enlightenment and s many points to get Sovereignty that it's not worth it at all .. again check the last few pages for my post on the matter ( again with tested numbers )

So yeah ... check out the long post on what i plan to do in 2.0 ... i plan on doing that and i believe that it's the best way to do it , not because i've said so, not because i have a hge ego, or because i'm all knowing but because i've actually tried everything that there is to try when it comes to this build ... and i've tested everything for weeks even if i didn't liked the results or playstyle just because i wanted to be sure that i have a opinion based on an extensive testing and not on guesses and theories.

Some things work good but i don't like them personally and in these cases i state that ( i.e. HoA + ele rolif + burning or manually recasting Enduring cry o all these things work great it's just that i don't like the playstyle) but some things just don't work as good as other options ... i.e. .... Aegis + Lazhwar + Rainbowstrides

My mind is everywhere at the moment but hopefully you understand what i wanted to say :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Sure i remember you man :)

So i have some ... things to say...
First this "The tankiness is far greater than a normal facebreaker" with the Aegis + Rainbowstrides + Lazhwar .. it's just not right .. actually it's veery far from the truth. A couple of months ago i've tried extensiveley the combo with facebreaekrs and it's not as good as you think and definitely not as good as "normal facebreaker" not even cose actually. With Lazhwar you loose tons of damage but that's not the biggest problem, the thing is that you loose huge amonts of armour and life. With easier content it's not as noticable but later on with more difficult content surviving becomes a real nightmare. Unblocked big physical hits one-shot you and when ou reach good dps numbers you one-shot yourself with physical reflect... i've died again and again with the Aegis + Rainbowstrides + Lazhwar while with the "normal facebreaker" i just .. don't die.
So yeah ... "The tankiness is far greater than a normal facebreaker" .. no ... just no. Sure it works to some extent , but better - no, not even on-par. What it does better is how you handle small hits ( in theory ) but in reallity you never notice small hits anyway ...

About vengeance .. i gess you've missed that bt it doesn't work with Facebreaker anymore ... it wasn't working for months ( it's mentioned in the guide too ;) )

I recommend using Blood Rage in the Awakening ... it's just way too good!

For Ice Crash .. i'd say no to conc effect .. it cripples the aoe of Ice crash so badly ... t's terrible.

I'd say Ice Crash + Faster Attack + Melee Physical + Blood Magic + Fortify + Added Fire Damage OR Increased area of effect OR hypotermia ... it's up to yo for the 6th gem.

About the tree ... idk man ... 7 points for 5% block ... not worth it if you ask me.

As auras .. if you despite my advice you decide to stick to the Aegis + Rainbows + Lazhwar go for Grace + Hatred and stick to Iron Reflexes. If you decide to listen to me and switch to a more tradinional gear get rid of Iron Reflexes and instead of Grace use Determination.

In the past few posts i've explained very detailed about IR, grace and determination with number.

Also about HoA .. you need level 3 enlightenment and s many points to get Sovereignty that it's not worth it at all .. again check the last few pages for my post on the matter ( again with tested numbers )

So yeah ... check out the long post on what i plan to do in 2.0 ... i plan on doing that and i believe that it's the best way to do it , not because i've said so, not because i have a hge ego, or because i'm all knowing but because i've actually tried everything that there is to try when it comes to this build ... and i've tested everything for weeks even if i didn't liked the results or playstyle just because i wanted to be sure that i have a opinion based on an extensive testing and not on guesses and theories.

Some things work good but i don't like them personally and in these cases i state that ( i.e. HoA + ele rolif + burning or manually recasting Enduring cry o all these things work great it's just that i don't like the playstyle) but some things just don't work as good as other options ... i.e. .... Aegis + Lazhwar + Rainbowstrides

My mind is everywhere at the moment but hopefully you understand what i wanted to say :)

Thanks for the response. About tankiness, your response is fair enough, but I sometimes die due to lag spikes/freezes in the middle of some blue packs, which Aegis helps with. I'm level 79 now and running 76 maps with no issue (I know you can't compare it to 78s, but I'll get there with some more levels).

You can tell that I haven't played for a while... Didn't know vengeance doesn't work on facebreakers. Pity. I might as well drop Riposte now as well.

I have another character with 900% facebreakers on which I will try more 'traditional gear'. I know that damage is lost by using stone of lazwar but look at that spell block. With rainbowstrides and stone I will have about 48% spell block which helps enormously. Unless I am missing something, isn't it simply double your survivability against spell casters? And since spells are usually what bosses kill you with, the block should help a lot. Without sounding arrogant, how does normal facebreaker gear match that? More life?

And about the 7 nodes for 5% block... It isn't just the block, it is for the resists as well. It is not easy to cap resists using just 2 rings, so taking those resists simplifies things.

About blood rage... Never used it, will check it out.
Last edited by Assassin2000 on Jul 3, 2015, 2:40:02 AM
Well sure you can do well with the Aegis + rainbow + lazhwar just not as well as you could if you don't use it. :)
About the spellblock - actually the answer lies within what you've posted "...since spells are usually what bosses kill you with, the block should help a lot." Exactly, spells are what some bosses kill you with and outside of that the only thing that can kill you is reflect and of course big physical hits from some of the other bosses. Spelldamage dealt to you by anything besides 4 maybe 5 bosses is a joke and you don't need extra mitigation and spellblock against it, as for these 4-5 bosses ? Well you use Saffell's frame in your second weapon set and jst swap to it for the boss fight. Not only that it provides retty much the same block chance, but it also gives a big chunk of + max resists thus making it far superior when needed, and when yo don't need it you use gear that is once again superior to Aegis + rainbow + lazhwar by giving tons of armour, life, damage AND resists ( and that way yu don't need to spend those point for resists in the scion start )... also when you don't need it and you don't use it you have far better survivability against the other 2 potentially deadly situations.
This way you get flexability unlike with the Aegis + rainbow + lazhwar combo. You have better defenses against the challenges that you face in any given moment all that with a press of 1 button!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 3, 2015, 4:24:06 AM
Hi, I´m new here but I would like to say thanks to you for ur post. I really apreciate and enjoyed it.

I also wanted to ask if you know or if you have tried blooletting and melee chance chance to bleed with facebreaker cyclone duelist build. If that passives works.

Thanks again, and have fun ^^
I'm glad that you find it helpful man! :)
There isn't really any reason to use bloodletting... you can get 6% chance to bleed .. and 6% is .. nothing ... so many wasted points that you can use better elsewhere ... not to mention that eventually you reach the point where you one-shot most of your enemies and the rest you kill in under 3-4 seconds .. so there isn't really a time for the bleed to does damage even when you actually cause bleeding ( and with 6% that's pretty much never )
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 5, 2015, 2:44:45 PM
Aha, I see. I though that bcause on arena some char(I don´t know which class it was) only with the two unique items, i think that they were 2 brightbeak, as soon bleed had effect on me, bam, my life dissapiared. But I´m new so I m not really sure about class/build/items he/she had. Hehe. Thx for ur quick reply.

Regards.

P.D. Do u know if awakening will improve or nerf facebreakers builds or something?
Well you could read my posts on the last 5 or so pages... but the tl;dr answer is : "Yes, it seems like they will be even better!"
I will, hehe, I was reading the first ones, but now I see that they are from 2013, better the last ones
Thanks again
The guide was originally posted in 2013 but the entire guide was updated again and again and again :P
As you can see in the bottom of each post i.e. "Last edited by KorgothBG on May 21, 2015 12:41 PM"
I update/rewrite everything as soon as there is any change .. so all that you read in the guide itself ( the first 4 posts ) you can rest assure that is always up to date.

As for the awakening changes .. well .. awakening is not out yet so i can't update the guide yet - it will be very confusing :P That's why all of the potential changes and how they'll affect this build ( and FB builds in general ) i've discussed in the last 10-20 pages and sumarize in a post a few pages back :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 5, 2015, 4:30:30 PM
for atziri fight:

what gem combination should i use instead of reckoning and saffels without curse gem?
Last edited by DurchFalloutBoy on Jul 5, 2015, 9:01:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info