[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
Bronn's Lithe (Divine Orbs cannot be used to acquire this change)
Added new Mod for 35-50% Increased Damage with Movement Skills.

I wonder If this change makes this item a valid cyclone solution... quite a nice bonus damage there...
How manny jewl sockets do you guys plan on using?
"
hitreza wrote:
How manny jewl sockets do you guys plan on using?

Not sure, there are so many things that have not come out on the beta so we might still get another unique jewel or some awesome unique items. Personally I'd like to see a unique ring that is created for facebreaker builds.

edit: now that I'm thinking about it, it's not really about how many great jewels we will get, it's the points they take to allocate them. We have 3 available for just 2 points each so I think they will be worth taking. I'm sure there will be 1-2 unique jewels that are BIS but I feel like rare jewels could get better with awesome rolls.
Last edited by attiGT on Jun 23, 2015, 1:10:00 PM
"
Bars wrote:
Meginord's will be slightly nerfed, meanwhile facebreakers will receive significant buffs in 2.0:

- free blood rage (it deals phys instead of chaos damage and is extremely easy to sustain)
- some amazing jewels
- fortify
- desync-free cyclone

There probably are others I'm forgetting, but, overall, it looks pretty good.

the nerf of meginord doesn't look good. are you certain facebreaker will be viable even so?
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
Meginord's will be slightly nerfed, meanwhile facebreakers will receive significant buffs in 2.0:

- free blood rage (it deals phys instead of chaos damage and is extremely easy to sustain)
- some amazing jewels
- fortify
- desync-free cyclone

the nerf of meginord doesn't look good. are you certain facebreaker will be viable even so?

I don't know. Different players understand different things when they say "viable". Will -10 phys damage (with some other beneficial changes) make FB unviable? It's up to you to decide.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 23, 2015, 5:02:36 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

- some amazing jewels
- fortify
- desync-free cyclone

You guys have to look at the "whole picture" and not just take one or two changes to items/skill tree/whatever as nerfs that make the build not viable. There is nothing wrong with facebreaker builds in the beta and there will never be.
@hitreza
Well the unarmed AoE radius unique jewel seems like a must ... so i'd say between 1-5 jewel sockets. As Buks said it's all about this - is a jewel worth the points you need to spend to get the socket. 3 sockets are extremely easy to get so probably 3 would be the magic number, tho if it's really worth it we can get another 2 sockets.

@kompaniet
Well if a build becomes no longer viable after a 5-5 phys damage nerf ... that would be a very crappy build. In my case 5-5 phys costs me around 2,5k DPS ... from ~45k DPS ... so yeah .. the nerf is laughable ... I can't even say that it will affect low-mid level gameplay because it was absurdly overpowered and now it will be slightly less absurdly overpowered .
tl;dr 5-5 phys damage loss? Big whoop!

About Mantra of Force .. yeah it's mantra of fire and that's a good thing because it was extremely broken.

About Bronn's Lithe. It's good that it was buffed a bit ... but 35-50% Increased Damage with Movement Skills is not that much when it comes to a Facebreaker build. Carcass Jack still remains supreme for cyclone in my opinion because it helps with the biggest cyclone FB issue - AoE Radius .. and with the nerf to Cyclone quality bonus and the nerf to conc effect ( if you still decide to use it ... i'm considering the possibility of dropping it ) it will be even more needed than it currently is.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Can someone explain me why is conc effect considered to be so greatly nerfed in beta? More Area damage went down from 69 to 59% at lvl20. Quality now gives 0.5% area damage per level, totally 10% so that makes up for the loss. mana multiplier is reduced to 140% and reduced area went from 30 to 25. So am I missing something here?
Yes, you are missing the biggest nerf it now gives "less" AoE radius and not just "reduced" AoE radius.
It sounds the same but the difference between more/less and increased/reduced is huge. Read about it in the wiki ^^
Simply put - now it messes up your radius even more... much more.
Add the loss of 10% increased AoE radius of the cyclone and it gets even worse.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 24, 2015, 10:10:04 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Yes, you are missing the biggest nerf it now gives "less" AoE radius and not just "reduced" AoE radius.
It sounds the same but the difference between more/less and increased/reduced is huge. Read about it in the wiki ^^
Simply put - now it messes up your radius even more... much more.
Add the loss of 10% increased AoE radius of the cyclone and it gets even worse.

Ah there you go! I get it now,thank you, well i'll probably try Fortify instead of this, less dps but nice defence boost. And I also plan on trying to try and run it on mana, if it is doable after patch..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info