[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

great news!
that would be perfekt if it worked with CWDT lvl 1 :)
I can see myself using these new unarmed gloves with Shock Nova MoM-EB-ZO build xD
What do you think about the 20% life leech rate of the new Lust for carnage passive?

And do you habe a idea how to best use the new tempest shield?
Well i have no idea how the new tempest shield will actually look like - but i'd probbaly use it with CWDT ( if possible ), tho if the dration is good enough and if you can block often enough to refresh the cooldown manual casting can be ok too.
As for leech ... first we should see the changes to leech mechanics imo.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
First of all, thanks for the great build, played it a bit and kinda liked it.
I'm a sorta new player, haven't even mapped yet and only got it to merciless two times, but this character is the first melee character i have in merciless.
I've played this character in hardcore, and I managed to get good leveling items.
My gear:
Spoiler

Unfortunately, my character died in act 1 merciless without any obvious reason.
I was doing super-fine, had 5k+ dps, capped resistances and was following your leveling passive tree guide.
Anyway, I couldn't manage damage dealt by Hailrake (for some unknown reason) in Tidal Island, so I just fled away and continued on.
The second (and fatal) problem was Deep Dweller. I've killed his first form rather fast, but then he turned into his second form and one-shotted me. That was rather disappointing and I want to ask you what have I done wrong? How could I possibly avoid this (maybe stupid) death playing- and gearing-wise?
That's interesting. I can't see any obvious reason. What's strange is that the second form can't really one-shot anybody ... it attacks very fast for a couple of hits then it "rests" a bit then it does it again. But the deep dweller second form just doesn't do single powerful blows.

Perhaps you don't know but side areas ( i.e. Tidal Island, the deep dweller cave etc. ) are significantly harder then the "main content" in merciless. That's true for cruel too, but in merciless the difference between side area and main area can be crushing ( it is even a tip during the loading screen ).

Usually it shouldn't be a problem as long as you are close to the level of the area, but in some rare occasions the RNG gods might play a cruel trick on you and you might die ( not blocking multiple attacks even while having high block chance, taking a couple of crits one after the other etc. ). And in your case you were not even close to the level of the area. The flooded depths in merciless is level 58 and you are level 51.

Now you were playing Hardcore and it wasn't wise of you to jump in a side area that is higher level than you (a lot higher), you should have gone straight to the ledge where you should have farmed for a couple of levels boosting you life a bit then you should have went to the dweller.

Again i usually don't do that .. but i usually don't play hardcore... and in hardcore you must be extra careful or ... well you already know what could happen :/

In conclusion - you were taking on a level 58 side area with a level 51 character + you had some pretty bad luck + you weren't careful enough. Sorry about what happened to you mate ... but that's hardcore .. you die but you learn from it. Hopefully you won't make that mistake again
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 15, 2015, 4:31:30 AM
Thanks for your reply. I knew that side areas are higher level but I didn't check it was level 58, it makes sense now. And i believe it wasn't only Deep Dweller itself, but also his little crabby friends, who barraged me down. Anyway, when I farm enough currency for new items I will try this build again. It's very cool and fun to play.
Last question: should I run Hatred + Herald of Ash all the way to ~70 lvl, or I should switch to Hatred + Determination ASAP? I think that 42% armour boost could save me from Deep Dweller (not sure about Hailrake though).
Since you are playing HC use Hatred + Determination for sure!

As for Hailrake ... he's tough even if you are the same level ... good thing they've nerfed him to his current state .. it was absurd before.
Can you tell us how importent the new life leech change is for the facebreaker cyclone build?

Is it worth getting the new "increased life leech rate" notes?

How much leech do we really need?

Last edited by hitreza on Jun 17, 2015, 4:29:45 PM
I really don't think that we need those nodes ... after all even 1% was more than enough up to this point. The new and greatly improved Blood Rage is something that is really worth using now and it gives all the needed leech in my opinion. I can't say with 100% certainty until i can test it with my "live server" character ... but i do speak with 99% certainty that this would be the case. And even without blood rage some leech from your gear would be more than enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info