[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

this is what i have for 1.3
quite a few nodes on this tree are just there because why not.. and every path leads to something that can be useful.. still planning it out.

but the point of this tree is, TONS of defenses from shield as block wont be as crazy as before, still having a ton of physical dmg.

289% inc physical dmg with shield equipped
64% attack speed with shield
400% inc shield defenses...the current tree has 135% and my char currently has 9k armor 11k ev. (so, 400% would make that skyrocket)
159% inc life
flat 234 life
ondars for more def
etc etc..

this is far from a complete tree, there are still stuff to be done on it.
life/point--physical/attack speed--point.

lvl 89 if you grab both life and speed/pdmg.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMC0BmO21UAXnSu034knX11eK5iWv66SO4brT3i18tMYKOKI_ZNko19MHx_K9aKd9dW-vzFqvhnoN0NqKKHdizpwdhKfRUgytMqTdE2GbQ_J31bCTO-p0rIrEfiLGVNbmluqr021fi18kd-qW41koTZbEb-j9i9L8xybE3j_gq2isGCMgmmV7c-YuxNRjGexq6E7zwtdO1348T2eu-uPnKpBS1nm_cyYEvkUXzZXhNQR55XQKDvDnZ_wL8UIASHXz-PmRo-Mk5-4huXeTmsr-nV

as is, this is more dmg, more def, more flat life and similar % life as the duelist tree at the same lvl. from this point on, grab armor, life pdmg.. whatever floats your boat... or even grab acrobatics although that will reduce armor and pretty much make block useless.

like i said several times, this is a wip tree (both on my build and on ggg's released tree)
Evasion + Resolute Technique = Instant Death to Reflect. Your reflected attacks are not something you can evade if you have Resolute Technique, and 22% Block isn't going to save you.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
Last edited by Eustacio on Dec 6, 2014, 11:10:05 AM
"
Eustacio wrote:
Evasion + Resolute Technique = Instant Death to Reflect. Your reflected attacks are not something you can evade if you have Resolute Technique, and 22% Block isn't going to save you.

the same goes for the older 1.2 tree and it worked out just fine. also, it was mentioned that with IR his survival dropped in the 1.2 tree, and that will probably be the case as on this tree he will more than likely have 10k+ armor and ev.

but as all things goes, let ggg finish their touchup on the tree and get some builds going after we see the final tree and also the new gems.
IR is not very good if you get reasonable evasion in the tree. The extra defense from evasion usually outstrips whatever IR does for you. But the OP has covered how Determination + Armor > IR + Grace more than a few times, so I won't repeat that.

Also, it's way more interesting to discuss potential builds. What I find fascinating now is that there seems to be way more diversity in a good tree for Facebreaker builds, even coming out of the same classes. Currently, I can see viable builds coming out of five of the seven classes (Witch and Shadow, I think, are a little too tough to make good builds with).

I think it might be useful as well, when discussing builds, to make sure to mention what primary attack skill(s) the build is for. A Cyclone build is potentially going to be much differently build than an Infernal Blow build with the way the proposed tree looks.

I'm also hoping for the Duelist tree to get reworked before 1.3 hits. It's really inefficient right now. The fact I can make a better shield block character using a Ranger highlights, in my mind, the inefficiency of the Duelist tree.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
im lvl 65 with cap resist, 23k dps IB with hatred+HoA, 13k armor without Determination. Any suggestion how to boost my DPS more, what do you think about doryani's heavy belt which has resist over

Currently im using this skill tree as a guide from DeChaoOrdo and its a cyclone build facebreaker but im using lb as my main attack gem, and what dp you think about his build? Thanks and more power!

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwCcQSzBjkMXwz3FE0UUhZvFy8ZLho4GlUb-hynIQIkqiSwJd8nLyftMZ4yCTWSNdY26TrhPC1FCkd-SshPfVFgU6VUC1XWWfNeE14fXz9fymEhZOdlTWaeZ5tsFmxGbmluqnJscql2f3gNecB7jHzZfuB-4oBWgKSDOITZhO-G0YcZkFWZK55XoLSiAKQZplenhKluqZWsqqyvr2y18rc-vJ-9gb6Kvqe-vMAaw4bEFcT2xYrGrsqQ1I_Yvdwd4urjauOf5FHnkenV7tnvDu988B_yRfMG9Mb60vuq_Ev-Cg==
Last edited by MagnusPienna on Dec 7, 2014, 3:39:23 AM
"
Eustacio wrote:
IR is not very good if you get reasonable evasion in the tree. The extra defense from evasion usually outstrips whatever IR does for you. But the OP has covered how Determination + Armor > IR + Grace more than a few times, so I won't repeat that.

Also, it's way more interesting to discuss potential builds. What I find fascinating now is that there seems to be way more diversity in a good tree for Facebreaker builds, even coming out of the same classes. Currently, I can see viable builds coming out of five of the seven classes (Witch and Shadow, I think, are a little too tough to make good builds with).

I think it might be useful as well, when discussing builds, to make sure to mention what primary attack skill(s) the build is for. A Cyclone build is potentially going to be much differently build than an Infernal Blow build with the way the proposed tree looks.

I'm also hoping for the Duelist tree to get reworked before 1.3 hits. It's really inefficient right now. The fact I can make a better shield block character using a Ranger highlights, in my mind, the inefficiency of the Duelist tree.

IB with cyclone.
"
CreamAle wrote:
"
Eustacio wrote:

IB with cyclone.

the changes to block is the reduced overall on the tree and that acrobatics removes 30%.. you have a gain of 22% and even if you get a basic 30% shield, you will still have "ok" block. i would think this build you have is quite possible to do, especially if from teh point in the tree you left off on you grab more life. because you are close to some life still. ditching stuff like celerity would be ok too. and your shield would probably need to be 800 ev 800 ar + for that crazy scaling that youre after.

but give it a try, let us know how it works out for you.
@CreamAle
What can i say ... your % maximum life is too low. don't look atthat "flat" life in the offline builder .. it is based on your strength+level+life on the tree ... and it's pretty much the same for everybody.
Having high evasion is cool but there are some downisdes! With no armour/low and if you are going to use Abyssus if you fail to dodge/block .. it will hurt .. a lot ! And of course with Resolute technique you can't evade your own attacks so reflect will be very deadly if you fail to block it. The tree doesn't look bad overall .. but i'd consider ditching Berserking and perhaps some % physical nodes in order to get more block. If you are not going to cyclone X% physical damage are not worth it at all .. and even if you do use cyclone you don't need that many of them to get enough DPS to insta-kill.. anything above that is points wasted.

@MagnusPienna
3 things you need to do to increase your DPS.
1. Level up your gems to level 20
2. Add 20% quality to your gems
3. Get more physical damage on your rings/amulet

That's all.
The tree looks ok .. a few things tho ... all those nodes in the Sovereignity cluster ... you just don't need all those ... to Run Determination + Hatred + HoA you need just 1x4% reduced mana reserved node.. well you'll need a second one if you don't have a level 20 reduced mana support gem but thats all ... all that aura effectiveness .. and the extra less mana reserved nodes .. are just a waste of points.
And another thing - the tree is indeed made more for a Cyclone user .. because X% increased physical damage nodes are barely noticeable when you are using Infernal Blow. It's too late to respec now tho .. the full respec is in 6 days ...
About the DeChaoOrdo build .. it all ok .. tho i personally thing that he sacrifices too much defenses in order to get too much DPS that he doesn't need. ANd another thing .. using Added fire damage instead of Increased area of effect increases the tooltip DPS by a lot .. but after a lot of testing i've understand that in reality you clear slower if you use Added fire damage. You see tooltip DPS is not everything. In the case of Facebreaker cyclone .. the AoE radius is terribly low .. so yea you can use Added fire damage to get huge DPS .. but the extra AoE radius of the Increased AoE support gem actually is more helpful in terms of clear speed.
Oh and get Lioneuye's Remorse .. the huge Life buff and insane block chance greatly outweighs the extra armour of your shield.. even if you have to spend a point or two to make up for the lack of resists.

P.S. oh and the doryani's heavy belt ... it has resists which is cool .. and it has life leech which is ok .. but your damage will suffer greatly! And you'll lose some life too. I would not recommend it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 7, 2014, 8:32:46 AM
Sadly we might not get a new skill usable with facebreakers in 1.3 ... i'm very disappointed..

About facebreaker,fb skills and the lost of block nods:

Rory_Rackham
There are some skills coming that should counter this loss for Facebreakers.

I've got a blunt weapon and unarmed skill in the works, but it wasn't ready for 1.3.0. Generally I try to keep skills usable with as many weapons as possible, as a wider weapon use variety increases build variety, but we've got enough general melee skills that it might be time for some more specific ones to give those weapon types some flavour.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@CreamAle
What can i say ... your % maximum life is too low. don't look atthat "flat" life in the offline builder .. it is based on your strength+level+life on the tree ... and it's pretty much the same for everybody.
Having high evasion is cool but there are some downisdes! With no armour/low and if you are going to use Abyssus if you fail to dodge/block .. it will hurt .. a lot ! And of course with Resolute technique you can't evade your own attacks so reflect will be very deadly if you fail to block it. The tree doesn't look bad overall .. but i'd consider ditching Berserking and perhaps some % physical nodes in order to get more block. If you are not going to cyclone X% physical damage are not worth it at all .. and even if you do use cyclone you don't need that many of them to get enough DPS to insta-kill.. anything above that is points wasted.

@MagnusPienna
3 things you need to do to increase your DPS.
1. Level up your gems to level 20
2. Add 20% quality to your gems
3. Get more physical damage on your rings/amulet

That's all.
The tree looks ok .. a few things tho ... all those nodes in the Sovereignity cluster ... you just don't need all those ... to Run Determination + Hatred + HoA you need just 1x4% reduced mana reserved node.. well you'll need a second one if you don't have a level 20 reduced mana support gem but thats all ... all that aura effectiveness .. and the extra less mana reserved nodes .. are just a waste of points.
And another thing - the tree is indeed made more for a Cyclone user .. because X% increased physical damage nodes are barely noticeable when you are using Infernal Blow. It's too late to respec now tho .. the full respec is in 6 days ...
About the DeChaoOrdo build .. it all ok .. tho i personally thing that he sacrifices too much defenses in order to get too much DPS that he doesn't need. ANd another thing .. using Added fire damage instead of Increased area of effect increases the tooltip DPS by a lot .. but after a lot of testing i've understand that in reality you clear slower if you use Added fire damage. You see tooltip DPS is not everything. In the case of Facebreaker cyclone .. the AoE radius is terribly low .. so yea you can use Added fire damage to get huge DPS .. but the extra AoE radius of the Increased AoE support gem actually is more helpful in terms of clear speed.
Oh and get Lioneuye's Remorse .. the huge Life buff and insane block chance greatly outweighs the extra armour of your shield.. even if you have to spend a point or two to make up for the lack of resists.

P.S. oh and the doryani's heavy belt ... it has resists which is cool .. and it has life leech which is ok .. but your damage will suffer greatly! And you'll lose some life too. I would not recommend it.

thanks sir KorgothBG.. im now using your guide.. one more thing is there any big downside about 1.3 patch? im exited to see your new skill tree guild for 1.3 patch. thanks again sir.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info