[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I have not read the whole 120 pages of this thread so I am sorry if you have stated this before, but I was wondering whether a Pillar of the Caged God build with Abyssus and 5-link chest could compete or even be better than a Facebreaker (non-legacy 800%ish) build with the same setup?
Would like to know your imput.
Last edited by In_Genious on May 15, 2014, 9:33:06 AM
No. It can't and it won't.
You'll end up with less damage and less survivability. ALOT less.

To be honest the Pillar is a medicore item at this point. i've done a high level Pillar character and the end result is disappointing. Any staff/mace with 400+ pDPS is better than the Pillar. That's just the sad truth. And when it comes to Pillar vs Facebreakers ... they are miles away from each other ( even if we are speaking about the nerfed Facebreakers )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 15, 2014, 10:19:50 AM
Sad face :((, I just made a Pillar build a couple of days ago.

Anyway thanks very much for your reply!

Another question what do you think about Soul Taker vs Facebreaker builds.
Let's say both nerfed versions. Which would be better in terms of DPS?
Well that is a very difficult question. Because with the axe you can use alot of different skills that can't be used with unarmed attacks. You can do alot of DPS ( although with Facebreakers you can generally get more DPS without sacrificing defense ) with both but a soul taker build can become tankier ( if you sacrifice offense of course ) and it is not that restricted gear-wise ( with facebreaker you just NEED some specific uniques ).

On the other hand just the Soul Taker costs as much as an entire Facebreaker build.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 15, 2014, 11:51:57 AM
Yes I thought so myself.
Thanks very much for your replies!!
"
KorgothBG wrote:
i thought so but still ... With your gear you should be somewhere around 30-35k dps ... very strange

25k with hatred sounds about right. I would almost go as far as saying that might be an exaggaration but i will take his word for it (The guy on page 120)

I have better rings and amulet and 20q gems and i do 28k with hatred. You can't even do more than 30k with bor. Maybe if you have perfect legacy facebreakers and perfect flat damage jewelry. Maybe then. But i doubt it.

You have been using abyssus and 6 link for too korgoth bg. This is as good as it gets.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 15, 2014, 4:28:19 PM
Strange .. i know that the with bor you do less ... but i clearly remember that i used to have around 34-35k dps ...it was long time ago tho.. maybe i don't remember correctly.

Unfortunately i no longer have BoR so i can't see it for myself :/
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 15, 2014, 4:42:53 PM
Do i need tempet sheild guy?
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Strange .. i know that the with bor you do less ... but i clearly remember that i used to have around 34-35k dps ...it was long time ago tho.. maybe i don't remember correctly.

Unfortunately i no longer have BoR so i can't see it for myself :/

I have had 42k before in anarchy. with 992 face breakers
@imabang318

I don't use Tempest shield. But if you want to and if you have enough mana you can use it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info