Mr Freeze 2h Melee Splash Glacial Hammer 6 Aura 7 Endurance 8% ManaLeech 9k DPS [+VID]

"
Fakeycakes23 wrote:
made a very similar build, mine use's Bringer of Rain as glacial strike scales very very well off physical damage. I do 2.2k dps at level 60 dual wielding Brightbreaks @ 4.2 attacks per second. When the build is finished at level 85, I will be hitting 12 attacks per second at around 13k dps glacial strike. Glad more people are using this skill!

Bringer of Rain is pretty awesome, but not the "best" item by using dualwield and glacial hammer:
a) The block stuff works best with a shield (not dualwield)
b) The 7th "gem" is blind. This is not as useful with glacial hammer as say with infernal blow, as enemies are freeze/chilled anyway.

Nevertheless, fast attack speed may be pretty nice, especially with the +20-30 physical damage. May work out :-)
Last edited by siliconlife on Jul 9, 2013, 3:26:19 AM
"
siliconlife wrote:
"
Optimyst wrote:
really "cool" build :)
40mp
18%dmg
1 endurance

Exactly! :-)

great, because i already did the first one and don't want to start over again^^

btw would you suggest to go eldritch or those max mana nodes you mentioned for the video?
Last edited by Optimyst on Jul 9, 2013, 3:42:49 AM
"
Optimyst wrote:

btw would you suggest to go eldritch or those max mana nodes you mentioned for the video?

Eldrich will usually fix all your mana problems (max mana per second espcially), and wil not take more than 6 points to get. Its convenient and easy. Requirements are: a little energy shield on gear.

But, the current hipster style is using energy shield as additional health buffer for damage bursts. 400 additional health? Hell yeah!

I use the following build without eldrich:

- 4x 8% increased mana
- 7% reduced mana cost of skills

Got around 800 mana, which seems to be enough with multistrike (but probably not with faster attacks). This will also reduce the number of auras to 5 (not enough mana for discipline, and pretty useless to use it on health. Maybe with reduced mana cost gem).

Which one is better? Not really sure. But usually, more defense wins.
Last edited by siliconlife on Jul 9, 2013, 3:56:13 AM
"
Garvil wrote:
Hey, thx to share us your build.

I am doing same actualy but playing with a scepter/shield and going to CI.

I don't know at all what it will done at 70+. Was thinking about criticals to freeze more often, but without a dagger, crit is complicated.

Something i don't like at all in your build is Eldritch Battery. Do you think it is viable to do without it ? Maybe to take all regen by sec nods and running blood magic ? (maybe with a carnage onyx ammy...or not xD).

Use a Staff to get the crits? :)
sorry for the noob query, Why didn't you get Iron Reflexes?
Thanks.
"
gunggong wrote:

In the original version of this build, i did get it. But some 1000 additional armour is imho not worth it. We get all the physical damage reduction from endurance charges, which far, far surpasses normal armour (they are not influenced by hit damage). The 6 points are better spend elsewere.
"
siliconlife wrote:
"
gunggong wrote:

In the original version of this build, i did get it. But some 1000 additional armour is imho not worth it. We get all the physical damage reduction from endurance charges, which far, far surpasses normal armour (they are not influenced by hit damage). The 6 points are better spend elsewere.

thanks for answering. what about blood magic? you didn't get the node from the passive tree but you equipped a gem of it.
thanks.
"
gunggong wrote:
thanks for answering. what about blood magic? you didn't get the node from the passive tree but you equipped a gem of it.

Yes, i did not get the blood magic node from the passive tree, so i'm able to run 3 auras on mana (hatred, haste, purity, 30% + 40% + 40%).

One blood magic gem i use for two additional auras, so they dont run on mana (i dont have any left for them), but on health (need around 400hp for both).
The second blood magic gem i use for the enduring cries. I dont wanna be mana starved in midst of battle, when i need to refresh or initiate the endurance charges.
I used to have a third blood magic gem for leap slam, but it uses nearly no mana.

No blood magic gem on the main attack ofc.
Last edited by siliconlife on Jul 14, 2013, 2:27:04 PM
thanks again. now my query is, is your build newbie friendly?
thank you.
"
gunggong wrote:
thanks again. now my query is, is your build newbie friendly?

Not very; need some specific gear stats to make it work, like dex or mana leech. Following this build blindly 1:1 may not be the best option.

But depends how much of a newbie you are :-)
Last edited by siliconlife on Jul 15, 2013, 3:35:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info