0.9.11e Patch Notes

i would ike to see a cuthroat event with a "preparation" time.
So players can lvl one hour before the Cutthroat gets activated. More high lvl Fights then lvl 2-10ganking :D

E.g.

First a two Hour Ladder Race. After the Race the Chars gets transferred to the Cuthroat Event for one Hour.

This would be two races in one :D
IGN: kReiZy
"
hacintosh wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Brutakuz wrote:
PLEASE somehow make maps more visible on the ground...

+1 for this, maybe a acoustic drop notification too?

+1

So much this. When you're running a map with 6 people you can't find anything on the ground. Maps just get lost so easily. It makes me want to run a map with maybe only one other person so I can filter through everything that has been dropped. Please add some color to them.

Thanks for all the updates and staying in great communication with the community! To me, this is a huge advantage PoE has over other games.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
"
dust7 wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
dust7 wrote:
Alright. Maybe you should disable the /whois command in cutthroat though.
I see no need for this

You can check up on the players whose instances you are invading.

okay, agreed. didnt seen it that way.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
1. Does this crit-evasion mechanics change apply only to monster's hits or also to player's?
2. If this change applies to crits dealt by players, i'd like to have some calculations to be sure that i get it right. Say, i have 10% crit chance. Before this patch, my every 10th (average) strike was critical one - right? Lets suppose that now my target has 50% evasion chance. What are the chances to deal normal damage to that target and what are the chances to deal critical damage? I suppose that before those chances were 45% and 10% respectively. My assumption for current calculations:

If my calculations are correct, chance to deal critical strike now can be considerably reduced by monster's evasion, right?
IGN: CruelFuryRampage
Last edited by moraug on Aug 3, 2012, 6:24:27 PM
How many monsters actually evade, though? I know that 'can evade attacks' is a specific Magic mod on monsters, so...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Every monster has evasion. Evasion rating is what accuracy rating is checked against to determine hit chance.
Is the new 5sec TP rule on top of the old 5sec rule or replacing it?

Ex: I cast TP, it's not active for 5sec, I wait then click it, do I still stand there for 5secs or is the TP now instant?

Yea disabling /whois might be a good idea for CT leagues, then again I don't mind my victims bringing the loot to me.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Last edited by NotSorry on Aug 3, 2012, 6:24:28 PM
If the evasion/crit mechanic applies to player attacks against monsters, then my 75% to-hit, 50% to-crit build is screwed.

Before: 25% miss, 37.5% normal hit, 37.5% crit
Now: 34% miss, 37.5% normal hit, 28% crit

with 350% crit multiplier, I'll be losing 20% dps from this, not to mention having less reliable damage output overall from the miss chance.

Buffing evasion is fine, but this is a nonsensical implementation that most players won't even be aware of.

[Edit] Fun fact: there could then be a situation where increasing crit chance actually reduces your dps, if [hit chance * crit multipler < 1]
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Aug 3, 2012, 7:59:27 PM
"
0nin wrote:
Every monster has evasion. Evasion rating is what accuracy rating is checked against to determine hit chance.

Naturally I understand that mechanic -- so again I ask, what does the magical mod 'can evade attacks' on enemies mean? If it means 'increased chance to evade' then it really should say that.

I can't even seem to find any forum posts on the matter. No matter. I'll have a dig.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Chris wrote:
Non-spell critical strikes can now be evaded.

Nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info