Diamond Flasks are back in 0.11.1

I can see it Flame totems crit builds
"
tmblake09 wrote:
Uh. 2 seconds? You'd better be planning your crit strikes very well. Let's hope the "we're still balancing how long the flask lasts" means "we will be increasing how long the flask lasts before we release it" otherwise this will be another of those flasks like the resistance flasks that gets vendored.

Resistance flasks are good, they're just more specialized than other types of flasks. People complain about elemental reflect or lightning thorns all the time, and not surprisingly, many of those same people say resistance flasks are useless. If you're at 81% all resists, popping a resistance flask more than halves the amount of elemental damage you take. It's an incredibly significant increase, and is easily worth swapping out one of your granites when you do ele reflect maps or ones with tricky elemental attacks (lightning thorns, map piety, map crematorium, etc.)

edit: concerning the duration, remember, it's very likely quality will increase the duration. My guess somewhere between 2.5 (.025 per 1%) and as high as 4 (.1 per 1%).
IGN: Jihokinetic
Last edited by Jihoko on Jun 19, 2013, 12:30:45 AM
Whats in the damn boxes Chris? Or is that the shipment of new Diamond Flasks from Oriath?
so 50% crit chance would be 75% now? Because 0.5*0.5= 0.25 = 25% chance that both are not crit.
IGN: kReiZy
the sad part is that this is Yet Another Boost to Caster/Sporktotem/FreezePulse/Ranged builds and nothing to melee..

when casting FP with GMP and Critical Curse you'll get EVEN MORE crits than before, while slow 2h melee will still crit once 2-3seconds (if at all, most use resolute technique anyway - funny that spells always hit..). Then look at Spork Totem with Crit Curse and effectively double crit chance and tell me that you dont know what the most popular build will be in a week.. seriously?

Is there any way to introduce diminishing returns?

Id really like to see these go. This is another nail to the coffin of build diversity: why roll anything else than fast spell/ranged build..
"
lordmach wrote:
lame

this
Interesting....

25% chance to crit becomes ~44% chance to crit.

30% --> 51%

10% --> 19%

20% --> 36%

Helps with build variety without completely negating crit chance. I'm intrigued.
IGN: Iolar
Glad to see an old flask coming back.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

ultra-lame
and imba
these flask should have never return to the game, it was very good when they were removed.
i had an idea for balancing them that no one responded to. it was to make your crit multi be 150 while it was active. so no matter how high it was, it would always be base while the flask was on

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info