{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

Last edited by watashiwakonichiwa on Mar 23, 2014, 8:52:03 PM
Ahh..i just forgot about that. .. so i will restrain myself to 7L spectre..
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
So what happens now to those that can't get cloak of defiance? :P Should I still stick to IR or just go full evasion from grace
"
mattc3303 wrote:
"
mattc, can you explain why a CI build doesn't let you do auras as well as life? I made a CI build when 1.1 dropped, and will currently be able to pick up all the aura nodes by the mid-70s or so. You've made me nervous that there's something I'm overlooking now. :P

You should be able to use the same % reservations as a EB/life build. But EB/life builds generally have a lot more max mana(translate to more mana regen and more mana left over) To utilize MoM and AA efficiently. You can also use a max level clarity easier since you'll have plenty of mana left over. This probably means to gain a decent mana pool on a CI character you will need to grab more max mana and mana regen than an EB/Life.

You can pull it off but i find EB/life build for the summoner to be much more effective and god knows how many regrets I have spent perfecting this build over the year or so i been playing lol. (since closed beta).

Makes sense. Many thanks for the quick response!
"
illmtk wrote:
So what happens now to those that can't get cloak of defiance? :P Should I still stick to IR or just go full evasion from grace

Cloak of defiance is on the cheap side of things. Shouldn't be too hard to get one. That 40% MoM + AA is quite powerful, am still surprised when I walk around in high level maps with like 500 armor and feeling like flies are hitting me =P.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
Matt can you please post your new set of gears? I guess many people here wants to optimize their mana pool and I am one of them.
"
mattc3303 wrote:
"
illmtk wrote:

Cloak of defiance is on the cheap side of things. Shouldn't be too hard to get one. That 40% MoM + AA is quite powerful, am still surprised when I walk around in high level maps with like 500 armor and feeling like flies are hitting me =P.

Its probably because the amount armour reduces damage by scales up with the damage, so it doesnt do *that* much vs small/medium attacks (much less than its stated % reduction) and really only does its max reduction vs very large hits, which are going to hurt regardless.

I decided to do the math on it vs a low/high attack.

Heres an example to compare things. I'm using your 500 armor, lvl 26 AA x1.21 stats (396 reduction). 20k armor is about right for IR+Grace, 50k if you pop a jade flask of armour.

1k damage hit:
20k armour = 375 damage taken
50k armour = 193 damage taken
MoM+AA = 180 damage taken

Thats why you feel so tanky vs regular stuff, with MoM cloak + AA, you have an effective armour rating around 60-70k.

I'm not sure which damage threshold would be the cutover point when you are reducing the max amount possible for MoM+AA, i'd guess a hard reduction around 1k damage when taking 3-4k damage hits? not much hits harder than that which can't be dodged around entirely.
Last edited by Asmosis on Mar 24, 2014, 4:51:21 AM
"
Asmosis wrote:
"
mattc3303 wrote:
"
illmtk wrote:

Its probably because the amount armour reduces damage by scales up with the damage, so it doesnt do *that* much vs small/medium attacks (much less than its stated % reduction) and really only does its max reduction vs very large hits, which are going to hurt regardless.

I decided to do the math on it vs a low/high attack.

Heres an example to compare things. I'm using your 500 armor, lvl 26 AA x1.21 stats (396 reduction). 20k armor is about right for IR+Grace, 50k if you pop a jade flask of armour.

1k damage hit:
20k armour = 375 damage taken
50k armour = 193 damage taken
MoM+AA = 180 damage taken

Thats why you feel so tanky vs regular stuff, with MoM cloak + AA, you have an effective armour rating around 60-70k.

I'm not sure which damage threshold would be the cutover point when you are reducing the max amount possible for MoM+AA, i'd guess a hard reduction around 1k damage when taking 3-4k damage hits? not much hits harder than that which can't be dodged around entirely.

LOL what? armor is best against smaller hits because its not a actual % reduction it more blocks around 1 damage per 12 armor big hits is where it falls off. the only exception to small hits is that 90% is the maximum amount armor can block but that is not really a big deal.

"

Discipline's base ES is not high enough compared to grace which has 2k+ base evasion (multiplied by 50% with determination) which boost the minions hugely IMO, but I am still doing the tests.

grace does not give minions armor it gives them evasion. level 20 minions if i remember correctly have only around 920 armor that 470ish extra armor from determination totaly worth?

+2 minion levels does not give 100dps. it increases their base damage increasing effect of all those increase minion damage and other damage modifiers. its best to treat +2 minion helm as a 30% "more" damage and 30% "more" health. a 6 link is most likely going to be better dps still thought.
How much mana have you got left after these 5 auras? Just wondering if it still makes sense to use mom with very little unreserved mana. Because if you only have 100 left and you get hit for 1k, you would only reduce it to 900 (instead of 600 with 400+ unreserved mana). No?
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Well that was a mistake with IR lol which I was already informed by the poster I was answering.
Lvl 20 Zombies are already tanky, not sure about their armor (I saw the excel sheet as well). The Grace is pretty good though but if their armor values are true, I think Determination is a waste (Although you get more with SkullHead helm snapshot but thats still low). I am working with bone offering/POL/POF now to make them more tanky during tough fights.

I have 387 mana left ATM after 5 auras which will increase with better gears/gem level. My total mana pool is 2.8k ish compared to Matt where he has 4k+ mana. I have a slight advantage as I use Alpha's howl which reduces mana reservation results more mana left and can use +2 discipline which again results more mana left.
Last edited by babai_witch_here on Mar 24, 2014, 7:35:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info