0.11.0b Patch Notes

Just to add my support as a melee character. The game is much easier now for me after the patch.. Before my build had to be careful in Lunaris Temple level 3 but now even with less hp ( less 750) I just trample everything.. You can really notice the reduction in damage from the monsters..

One thing I have notice is boss got a little harder but then again I don't think ggg want you to tank boss and would rather us use our brains
Last edited by ninedeadeyes on Jun 6, 2013, 6:14:04 PM
I don't see how people think the dps that guy is doing while having TERRIBLE health is great. That kind of damage was achievable pre patch while having more than double the life
"
xDank wrote:
I am now scared sh*tless of reserving wrath and anger on life with a BM gem, and I'm pretty much having to reserve grace at all times on bm gem and determination on mana just to tank hits.

Buy malachai or covenant, alpha also helps. I use covenant and alpha and are able to put 7 auras and reserve only ~350 HP using RM @19 lvl.

This patch is for rich players, those who "fixed" poor eq using passives will suffer. I'm also not happy to loose ~20 all res from passives, but fortunately was able to cover it using eq.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Jun 7, 2013, 1:47:51 AM
Ive been playing through on melee since the changes. I mean right from the start, not just trying to respec an existing toon.

Im almost up to piety cruel and its the first time im conserned about resists, which ive just upped to 40%ish. Merveil cruel on <20% cold resist, vaal with fire and lighning at about 25%. I even took a hammer from vaal and survived.

that isnt exactly a surprise, but Ive done so taking only a few life nodes: the maurauder start area and the couple below Blood Drinker. ive just started taking the Golems Blood group. My HP is about half what I would like it to be pre 11.

I really like the balance of lower life and auras now. Ive taken BM, but since im mostly physical Im not so worried about using wrath or anger. I just dont need the damage boost from it. It really makes not taking BM a viable choice.

All this extra physical damage has a great damage reduction effect: Without working too hard My stun threshold has hit 83 (81% effective, if my math is right), and this synergises with that extra physical damage meaning that stunlock is definitly viable: with attack times <700ms I just need a bit more attack speed and a couple of those extra stun duration and we're set.

When I mean extra physical damage I mean >100% more than I would have bothered with before (about 7 nodes).

Speaking of auras I'll take grace after I get IR since its better than actual armour for the most part.

I said somewhere else that melee feels much better, much more kickass and name taking than the toothpicks and pillows before.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Are we sure the bosses do less damage than before and not more . I sacrificed a bit of stun( but then one do not need it really with glacial hammer for extra life. And my life is now slightly more than before patch.

It feel as if bosses hit me way harder than before.

After a 4 hour game session last night, I'm not so sure that the life reduction of 2% on all nodes was a good thing. Neither the + 4% on most melee and melee weapon damages.
It feels like an over balance. The patch seem to now require you to spent way more on life than before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info