How much Armour does the monsters have exactly? And does their Armour works like player's Armour?

"
VictorDoom wrote:
The most armor any mob has in the game is ~930, i got this out of neon after a chat with him, use it wisely

How confirmed information is this?
Neon said it..

If it is true best Support gem for EK is Chain - that atm no one uses.

A friend has none 20lvl EK and does 1.5-2.5k dmg per hit.
After chain it will be 750-1250 dmg. Totally enough to negate enemy's armour, while the chain will make his knifes hit targets 3 times, not 1.

Last edited by RG_PankO__ on Jun 4, 2013, 10:52:38 PM
If it's true that monsters have around 930 armor that basically means monsters have next to no resistance against Physical Damage.

And that also means Multistrike is awesome.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Well, here's the difference. With fast attacks, phys dmg nodes don't affect your base as much. So you get less per node investment. Not only that, but you're also dependent on BM. Whereas with slower heavy hitting attacks, this is not necessarily the case. Slow large phys attacks also gain a ton of dmg from hatred aura, where fast attacks do not.

Also can someone explain this to me? That doesn't seem to make sense, or it might just be the poor wording used.
"
If it's true that monsters have around 930 armor that basically means monsters have next to no resistance against Physical Damage.

And that also means Multistrike is awesome.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Well, here's the difference. With fast attacks, phys dmg nodes don't affect your base as much. So you get less per node investment. Not only that, but you're also dependent on BM. Whereas with slower heavy hitting attacks, this is not necessarily the case. Slow large phys attacks also gain a ton of dmg from hatred aura, where fast attacks do not.

Also can someone explain this to me? That doesn't seem to make sense, or it might just be the poor wording used.

Eaactly. If mobs have 1k armour, this is like no armour at all late game.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Well, here's the difference. With fast attacks, phys dmg nodes don't affect your base as much. So you get less per node investment. Not only that, but you're also dependent on BM.
Whereas with slower heavy hitting attacks, this is not necessarily the case.

What he means is that when you are attacking fast with alot of support gems the mana cost per hit will be so high that you can not sustain it with mana, oyu have to use BM gem or BM Passive node. And he is correct. With slow attacks you are going to need X amount of Mana every X seconds, if you were with faster attacks you are going to need that mana in less spam of time -> no need to regen the mana / mana leech the mana needed.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Slow large phys attacks also gain a ton of dmg from hatred aura, where fast attacks do not.

This is incorrect. If you do one hit per second with 100 dmg and you have hatred aura that gives you 30 cold dmg. Thats 30 cold DPS.

If you have 50 dmg per hit and you have two attacks per second the hatred aura is going to add to your atack 15 Cold dmg, which at the end is again 30 cold dps. So it's the same thing, don't know why he got himself lost there.
The data files contain unlabeled default monster stats. If someone can give me 2-3 verified armour values for different monster levels I can work out what all the values are. Preferably the same monster in Normal, Cruel and Merciless.

If Neon was right and the max is 930 then this pretty much matches the monster Accuracy values. 936 and 981 at levels 76 and 77 respectively.

If mazul was right and the armour for level 63 is ~241 then it matches the column I thought was average damage values. But those don't reach 900+ until level 85.

Also interesting: three monster stats were changed in the recent 0.11.0 patch. Monster Life, Damage and ???
Brutus. Do you even sync?
Last edited by AnnanFay on Jun 7, 2013, 2:01:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info