How much Armour does the monsters have exactly? And does their Armour works like player's Armour?

"
haplessG00N wrote:
Sadly without knowing how much armour mobs have there isn't any clear way to know that doesn't involve some guessing. . If we knew how much they had we could just run it through the equation :-\ kind of wish we did know how much armour they have!
Sadly, yes. We need numbers! In this game so many stuff are unclear because of the lack of numbers on display.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Well, here's the difference. With fast attacks, phys dmg nodes don't affect your base as much. So you get less per node investment. Not only that, but you're also dependent on BM. Whereas with slower heavy hitting attacks, this is not necessarily the case. Slow large phys attacks also gain a ton of dmg from hatred aura, where fast attacks do not.
Doesn't make any sense. Doesn't matter if you have weapon with 50 dmg ans 2 atcks per second ot weapon with 100 dmg and 1 APS. The 20% Increased dmg will change the tooltip dps with 20% (if there are no previously picked up increased dmg nodes). The difference is that the slow weapons are SUPOSED to do more dmg (1x100 to be better then 2x50) because they will penetrate more dmg. Using a BM gem isn't that big of a downside. Hatred gives you 30%(at X level) extra dmg as cold from your weapons, as already mentioned earlier if you will do 2x 50 phys dmg + 0.3* 50 cold dmg per second or 1x 100 phys dmg + 0.3 * 100 cold dmg, it is the same. Added fire and Hatred as equaly important for slow or fast weapons.
"
mazul wrote:
"
sanleon wrote:
I think 4k or something in average. Maybe he penetrates the armour of skeletons (they have no armour) but i dont know his dmg

White Battle Corsairs in merciless Docks (post-buff) have max 241 armor :D.

Too lazy to grind up a Resolute Technique guy with adequate physical gear to investigate high level maps, but it wouldn't surprise if the armor values are a lot less than 4k.

Check the evade and accuracy of docks mobs, they were not far too different from each other (567-709 acc & 4081-4826 evade across all white mobs in docks) so I would be suprised if any other mob in docks has far higher armor than 241.
idk from where you get that 241 number and the accuracy/evade numbers, but 240 armour for a monster that also has 4-5k Evasion rating is retarded.
"
drakar8888 wrote:
Have him remove added fire and hatred and then realize the actual truth about cleave + multistrike.
That's what I thought aswell. He is doing physical conversion with phys dmg -> ele. He doesn't have Elemental adaptation, yet, and isn't yousing purity, but his build is "popular". I checked the passive tree, he has 207% HP increasement.
"
Fb62 wrote:
From what I have heard, all monsters have around 900 armor. I forget what the actual # is, but all.monsters have exactly the same amount of armor. It does also work exactly the same way a players amor works. This is also the reason physical builds are amazing late game, they basically make the armor worthless.
What you heard... That's the issue, I need confirmed numbers. You heard it, I read it on the forums, then someone else will "hear" it from me... We can't optimise builds on rummors, we need confirmed numbers.
yeah you are right panko i hear ppl die in their 80s cause they cant read using flasks and some shit after they already lost 10 hc chars

take the hint the game wants to tell you hc isnt your cup of tea

btw i really enjoyed your stream text pretty funny
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 2, 2013, 5:01:43 AM
Dear GGG,
Please inform us, what are the armor, resist, evasion, accuracy, critical, and damage values for monsters?
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
"
wdmshmo wrote:
Dear GGG,
Please inform us, what are the armor, resist, evasion, accuracy, critical, and damage values for monsters?
^^ this
"
Fb62 wrote:
From what I have heard, all monsters have around 900 armor. I forget what the actual # is, but all.monsters have exactly the same amount of armor. It does also work exactly the same way a players amor works. This is also the reason physical builds are amazing late game, they basically make the armor worthless.

I think the dev post said they have less than that, were mostly around the same, but the maximum of the extreme high cases was only about 900.

Something like that.
Casually casual.

Fast weapons also have a higher range n their damage numbers. Cosair could be 50-200 while an axe could be 175-225. Each hit is sure to actually do dmg.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Fb62 wrote:

I think the dev post said they have less than that, were mostly around the same, but the maximum of the extreme high cases was only about 900.

Something like that.

are we talking about the highest lvl of maps here??
"
agbudar wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Fb62 wrote:

Something like that.

are we talking about the highest lvl of maps here??

The post was just in general talking about monster armour and it being very little.
It made no suggestion that the higher the map..the higher the armour.

And really, why would armour scale higher in higher maps, to any extreme, if at all?
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
The post was just in general talking about monster armour and it being very little.
It made no suggestion that the higher the map..the higher the armour.

And really, why would armour scale higher in higher maps, to any extreme, if at all?

because Higher lvl map = Higher lvl monster.

Higher lvl Character -> Supposed to be better geared -> better armour value.

Can't we get a mod psot here? Please?
The most armor any mob has in the game is ~930, i got this out of neon after a chat with him, use it wisely

you only need to pass 1k phys damage for it to be completely ignored by this amount of armor, just use this formula with your damage to figure out how much more you need to skip the mitigation: Damage Reduction = Armour / ( Armour + (12 * Damage) ), by the time you get to 600 physical damage only 11% of it is reduced by 930 armor
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jun 3, 2013, 1:40:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info