Act 2 Boss Lazor (and chaos damage ingame)

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
Zakyrn wrote:
Doesn't he also make a unique sound before he fires the laser?
I think that was what I reacted to when I fought him, since I wasn't close enough to see him most of the fight.
He probably has audio cues as well, but I don't know. I often have trouble distinguishing sounds.

I've enhanced the audio to make it clear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyuNidSrVik
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I may be missing something very obvious, but no matter the cue (which is not very clear), how do you avoid the laser? I've been killed by the laser coming through the portal when the boss was on the other side of the room.

Just done him once though, will keep my eyes open for the aforementioned cues, especially rocks, which seemed just plain unavoidable to me.

All that being said, I absolutely love this boss.
IGN : Jovial
"
7Soul wrote:
What kills it for me is that during that fight I have a weird fps drop, which makes it much harder to dodge the attacks >:

My frame rate also drops dramatically during that fight, and i have a high range gaming laptop.
Quite frankly they simply need to thin out the intensity of the rubble attack. It's way too much blanket coverage for anyone trying to run CI. Take one too many consecutive hits and it's over.

Not gonna lie, I hate everything about this fight. It feels like the damage is just too spiky, too cheap. Avoiding this stuff is one thing but trying to stave off a panic attack avoiding its shots because you can't take but two of any of it's hits seems a bit much.

This fight makes me feel like I need a tank at all times even AS a tank. That's speculative though at the moment since I've not made it up to him with a character that focuses on melee at all but I feel like I'd need to stack passives for that fight alone and that's not cool. I feel like I can't take this guy by myself and you're not supposed to be forced to play with others. The devs have made it a point to ensure this.

This whole encounter kinda breaks that.
You can of course solo him just by repeatedly suiciding (just make sure you're not at 90% of a level like I realized I was when he had already eaten half of that :D). I for one like that they added a boss which encourages grouping up.
IGN : Jovial
Bosses need some kind of intro sequences imo.I expected him to come out of the dark altar after I put the amulet in.Instead he is just there and lasors you off screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info