Timing of the 0.11.0 Patch and its New Leagues

"
Zoroch wrote:
Health bars will probably be nice to have.

That aside what is that skill in the W-slot, I don't recognize it.
Anybody else?

thats raise spector i believe
I like the health bars and the fact that GGG is trying to make a Good arpg.
I just think that the "leagues" are a bad ideal. I was all for them until the 1 month race. It showed me that it can spread the games community to thin.
I also think that GGG should start thinking about the solo gamer. People who choose to play alone should not punished cause they don't like to play in groups.
SUpport the solo players GGG before you loose them.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
"
tat0010 wrote:
I also think that GGG should start thinking about the solo gamer. People who choose to play alone should not punished cause they don't like to play in groups.
I think an across the board +50% IIQ while not in a party would balance things.

In a full party, it averages to each player having +58% more quantity of drops than if they had been solo. So as you can see, it'd be close to equal, yet still incentivize partying. Win/win.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
"
tat0010 wrote:

In a full party, it averages to each player having +58% more quantity of drops than if they had been solo. So as you can see, it'd be close to equal, yet still incentivize partying. Win/win.

You seem to misunderstand how the group drop bonus works. it grants for a full group +250% IIQ, for a total of 3.5x as many drops divided by 6x as many players. That means in a group you gains 58% as many items, NOT 58% more items. You seem to be misquoting the numbers from another thead.

Drops are better solo- depending on your gear groups may kill faster and groups will just about always be safers- but in terms of raw drops solo is and always has been better.

The only exception is a group will have a much easier time chaining maps, as every maps that drops for any member of the group may be run by the whole group. Which is admittedly a pretty substantial advantage.

Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Health Bars would be awesome for minions, TY GGG!
chris add floating numbers!
"
The only exception is a group will have a much easier time chaining maps, as every maps that drops for any member of the group may be run by the whole group. Which is admittedly a pretty substantial advantage.

Since you get the same number of maps solo or partying, that's not the case.
Benefit of partying is to share currency cost to sustain high level of maps.
IGN TylordRampage
"
bilun wrote:
"
"
tat0010 wrote:

You seem to misunderstand how the group drop bonus works. it grants for a full group +250% IIQ, for a total of 3.5x as many drops divided by 6x as many players. That means in a group you gains 58% as many items, NOT 58% more items. You seem to be misquoting the numbers from another thead.

Drops are better solo- depending on your gear groups may kill faster and groups will just about always be safers- but in terms of raw drops solo is and always has been better.

what I don't get is why do groups get more experience for doing less work. Everyone know killing in group is easier, so why do you get more experience just cause you are in a group? Doesn't make any sense to me.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
"
xDariuZx wrote:
"
Lifendeath wrote:
It's optional, but really is amusing people wanting features just for the sake of your little coddled and warm and happy filled w/ rainbow world. Static bars are not needed optional or not if you can't mouseover that mobs hp to see it dieing [/facepalm] or you can't see the fucking rhoa smacking you in the face well shit......................

And you completely missed the point where this is most usefull?
Summoners rejoice this is a really nice addition.
You've never been in a party where the effects cover 100% of the screen and you cant see jack ****? You've never been in a situation where the screen is covered with items and you cant see jack **** (and having highlight off is not THE solution here, sure they could work in some options in how items are displayed, as in there could be multiple bindings: Show all items, show NEW(set interval) items since last highlight).

Another scenario where you cannot mouseover the targets while also doing maximal damage to the target/s in question.. FP for one..

There are surely many more scenarios where this is a nice addition.

If you dont like it then dont use it, its that simple.. really.

How does being a necro affect you? i've played necro and never once did i think geeeeeee static bars would be really aesthetic and make my life easier?
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Lifendeath wrote:
It's optional, but really is amusing people wanting features just for the sake of your little coddled and warm and happy filled w/ rainbow world. Static bars are not needed optional or not if you can't mouseover that mobs hp to see it dieing [/facepalm] or you can't see the fucking rhoa smacking you in the face well shit......................

There is much you need to learn.

Here's an example.

A GMP Freeze pulser facetanking a boss.
The spread of the pulses is controlled by the cursor position.
Close to the character = wide spread.
Far from the character = tight spread.
Mousing over the boss while casting will not show a health bar.
Mousing over the boss while not casting will show a health bar.
Starting to cast while mousing over the boss will lock it as a target and keep the health bar.

BUT.. the spread of the GMP no longer are controlled by the cursor, they default to the locked target, i.e. close = wide spread.

So, we have a situation where, one can either have a tight spread and not see the health or damage being done, or where one can see this but shoot pulses that mostly miss the boss.

With the added health bars, without targeting, one can now facetank with tight pulses that all hit and still see the boss health and damage being done.

There are more examples than this, but here's just one where certain game, skill and user mechanics clashed. They are solved with health bars and hey, you can just turn them off.

Edit @xDariuZx, spooky, dude. Spooky ;)

Much i need to learn? the fucking irony i've adapted and learnt obviousy you haven't you need to your precious little static bars derp. really no one is giving valid anwers other than AESTHETICS get it?????? Just tested it like i knew to be the case anyway spreading the projectiles facetankiing will the do the same dmg as not mouseovering the and keeping the projectiles together so............aesthetics.
Last edited by Lifendeath on May 29, 2013, 6:30:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info