0.11.0's Weathered Carvings

Yes! more lore and story bits are strongly needed! I know a lot of people don't pay attention at all to the story in this kind of games, like most of my friends, but others do, like me. I find the world of Wraeclast is very intriguing and mysterious, and the story seems interesting too. Now I understand you are probably still working on fleshing out a proper, complete story and we are probably just seeing the tip of the iceberg right now, but please GGG, in the long run, don't neglect the story and the lore!
"
Karinst wrote:

Don't limit this to the 1st act! Put some random chance books in places like the Warehouses (company logs with remarks about some events?), Crypts/masoleums (journals of the dead buried there?), temples (holy books!) etc.

thisssssss
love more lore cant wait to see .11.0
Abyssus Crit Cleave - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/381106
If all of the things hinted at and announced so far aren't "the secret awesomeness" and are only "small parts" of the upcoming patch....WHAT IS THE AWESOMENESS???!!! aRRGGHHH I'm dying.
NNoooo :( Default emphasized the 'scrubness' of the league so well. Standard sounds like the players in that league actually know what they're doing!
Someone proposed a Onslaught like a wave system league. Don't know if that's true but it's a great idea, but to existing characters, I'm really eager to prove whats the limit of my character powers without having to find any unique map or something like that.

Give us endgame features!!!
"
Magnamuz wrote:
Someone proposed a Onslaught like a wave system league. Don't know if that's true but it's a great idea, but to existing characters, I'm really eager to prove whats the limit of my character powers without having to find any unique map or something like that.

While I really like that idea, it probably wouldn't be a new league.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Karinst wrote:
Don't limit this to the 1st act! Put some random chance books in places like the Warehouses (company logs with remarks about some events?), Crypts/masoleums (journals of the dead buried there?), temples (holy books!) etc.

This^

I love Wraeclast lore but wish there was more a sense of discovery, the recent lore updates seem very much passive things.. even more passive than NPCs (as on some level the NPCs are 'humans')

If there was a sense of randomness and discovery, not appearing in every iteration of the map instance, I think the experience of lore discovery would be so much more awesome :) its a smallish thing, but I think it makes it much more dynamic and interesting :)

EDIT: hell, it could work towards a passive lore-quest kind of thing if you want. Perhaps if you collect all the pages of journals of the dead you'd get something? or a certain set of lore carvings that can only be discovered in a certain order that chronicles the fall of Lioneye or something? again possibly accumulating in a reward? Not quite sure if rewards would negatively impact gameplay or not, but just the sense of discovery, incremental progress at a narrative sidequest without having to do anything, would make the extra lore that much more engaging and interesting, I think so anyways :p
Last edited by AiSard on May 23, 2013, 7:09:51 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
Magnamuz wrote:

While I really like that idea, it probably wouldn't be a new league.

I just thought of something interesting based on that idea: Necromancy League

All enemies are undead and constantly being raised, and corpses cannot be exploded or disposed of in any manner.
Last edited by Xendran on May 23, 2013, 7:02:10 PM
More lore is always good.

Will we finaly be able to switch rewards for Bandit Lords quests? It's been a while since devs promissed to work on this issue.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info