Interview with Chris and Additional Season Two Races

In case you're wondering why I occasionally write in third person in the news posts, it's because anything in the first paragraph appears on the front news page of the site where it would be strange for it to say "I" when there's no indication of who the author is.

In other news, we recently posted the sixth week of Season Two race events. It was intended that we would have approximately 260 events over six weeks, but due to player feedback, we reduced the total to 229. After posting the final races, players rightly pointed out that the prize items that they were on track for winning were now out of reach if we were missing 31 events. We weighed up a number of options (such as increasing the payouts for the remaining events) but decided that the fairest option would be for us to add another five days of events (for a total of 260), extending Season Two to finish on approximately June 7, hopefully at least a day before the secret awesomeness starts.

I'm really looking forward to going into more detail about what we're announcing pretty soon. We've been trying hard to make it as fun as possible - there's a lot on the cards and it's looking like we'll have it all ready in time.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on May 21, 2013, 7:12:56 AM
"
I'm really looking forward to going into more detail about what we're announcing pretty soon. We've been trying hard to make it as fun as possible - there's a lot on the cards and it's looking like we'll have it all ready in time.

keep teeeeeeeeeeeeasing us
You are building up high expectations.

But so far youve always delivered :)

Edit:
Also:

"And we’re also working on the fourth act of the game which isn’t going to be ready for launch at the end of this year, but it will come maybe 9-12 months after that."

OMGOMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMG
Last edited by ShinoRagnar on May 21, 2013, 7:09:29 AM
I'm interested to see what you have planned. I'm hoping that there isn't some subtle thing you've overlooked, but that's what testers are for! : )

I can't imagine what it could be. Permanent leagues? Cut-throat? Opt-in world cut-throat PvP for existing leagues? That would be awesome.
IRON MAN
Chris, you're a really funny (and awesome) guy for even taking a paragraph to tell us why you use the third-person for yourself eventually, LOL. :- )

Keep it up! :- D
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
"I'm really looking forward to going into more detail about what we're announcing pretty soon. We've been trying hard to make it as fun as possible."

I'm going to guess something PvP related? Or a new in-game feature relating to maps or bosses or the like?
From the context the awesomeness has smth to do with a league/event/ladder.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Yea, a lot of buildup, but I imagine it will deliver, since I have been happy with most big announcements up to this day.
Nothing about level 100?
"
emcx wrote:
Yea, a lot of buildup, but I imagine it will deliver, since I have been happy with most big announcements up to this day.

We try to be pretty open about what we're working on, so the scope of this secret stuff is naturally limited. I'm very happy with how it's turning out, though mindful that I shouldn't raise expectations too high :P
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info