arctic armor not working as intended

People stop complaining. You guys have builds that revolved a bugged item and now its fixed. either change your build or go a diff setup. end of story.
Last edited by DrSteveBrule on May 21, 2013, 3:54:05 PM
"
DrSteveBrule wrote:
People stop complaining. You guys have builds that revolved a bugged item and now its fixed. either change your build or go a diff setup. end of story.

you misunderstand. most of us realize that we are just testing. i certainly dont have any problem with bugs being fixed. what is actually going on here is us providing feedback to ggg: i want to make sure that they're aware of a possible (probable?) balancing problem that was being hidden by the bug. it was already fairly difficult to build around this skill when you could use inner force to boost mana regen. now, it is even more difficult, bordering on crazy to even try.

that's indicative of balance issues. if this is how the skill was intended to be used, then no problem. however, in light of the bug fix, those of us who use this skill would just like ggg to give the balance another look.
ign: ThePerfectDefense; Time Zone: UTC-4
Last edited by infelicitas on May 21, 2013, 4:22:00 PM
"
infelicitas wrote:
likewise...

is it even intended that we even be able to maintain a max-level arctic armour? i have eldritch battery, 5 passives for mana regen, 3 pieces of equipment with >50% regen each, level 20 clarity and discipline (with EB)...

and then there's the catch-22: given all that dedicated mana and mana regen, I still need to run inner force for the clarity and discipline just to reach the regen / second needed to maintain level 20 AA before this fix.

you would need absolutely god-level equipment to have a chance now, and if you can afford god-level equipment, you dont need this defensive buff anyway.

i think the mana costs for this skill need reexamined and reigned back into the realm of mere mortals

I know this was a long time ago, but I wanted to show my support and that I agree completely. The new mana cost is absurd. Better yet, Someone link gear that can actually sustain this please and post a build link. I doubt anyone can run this at level 20. Should have a slogan somewhere like "Here at GGG we do not like nerf bats, we upgraded to nerf Mjolners ;)"
"
drakelucas wrote:
...Better yet, Someone link gear that can actually sustain this please and post a build link. I doubt anyone can run this at level 20.

Hi drakelucas,

here´s the skilltree of my Level 90 Freezing Pulse witch :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4EfgVCBfkHYwelDH0OSBB_EZYV8BZvFr8XLxdUGYUZihpsGo8fAiKBJDwkqiSwJP0mlSepLJwtHy2DL282xTbpOlhBlkLDRKtJUVM1VUtVrlXGVkpXK1ptXfJh4mKsZk9tGW1sbXtwUnC7cNVzU3_GgKSBSYIQgh6G0YcZh9uIQow2jjyPRo-mlQSXBpu1naOdqp2unqGiLqKjpwinXK6zr5uyOLVIuJO748BRwFTB88Sixp7PZdDQ1QDWndgk2RPbC9-E37DjaudU8h3z3fPq9tr60vsJ_Kv-ug==

I run Arctic Armour with Empower Level 3 to boost it even further to Level 22. If I had another mana Regeneration mod on my shield and/or took the Many Geyser Cluster between Shadow and Ranger tree, I could sustain an even higher Level of the skill.

The way it currently is, I have 375 mana Regeneration per second, which covers spamming my Freeze Pulse + AA mana drain. It even covers the additional mana drain on running around, my unreserved mana remains steady at 265 (Build has Eldritch Battery and uses Discipline/Clarity to achieve this). The mana regen mods on gear come from my dagger, the amulet and the rings I´m wearing. Just to make it complete, here´s the full gear setup :

You´ll see that the only items I get converted mana (ES to mana) from are my armour and the shield, with both having relatively low ES values. By wearing more hybrid gear with higher ES rolls, the mana pool (and therefore Regeneration) can be pushed even higher than this.

To me, the way Arctic Armour works right now makes perfect sense, as it´s a viable option for caster characters to achieve some physical damage mitigation (and a pretty good one, I must add) through investing in mana Regeneration instead of armour passives that are far from the route you´re speccing.
Last edited by FeistyPeisty on May 6, 2014, 4:14:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info