arctic armor not working as intended

Arctic armor no longer works like posted in this thread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/274693/filter-account-type/staff

now both the moving and static mana drain is affected by inner force. took me some maths to figure out why my arctic armor lvl 12 was killing my mana when i was used to keep it up at all times

good job ggg now i have to remove my alternative effect in order to scoure it into a lower level where i can keep it up

if you wanted to change how it worked please atleast post it in the patch notes
IGN: RFFP
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yes. I noticed this too. even additional mana drained is affected by inner force. please fix.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/442549/page/1
Up till patch 0.10.8C Arctic Armour had been bugged and not working correctly in synergy with passive nodes that increased effectiveness of buffs on you (Inner Force cluster).

This was accidentally not documented in the patch notes, however this was an intended fix to the bug which caused increased buff effectiveness on you passives to only affect the stationary mana consumption, and not the moving one.
nice so a lvl 15 AA now consumes approx 240 mana when moving, while before it was 190 with inner focus... looks like I can dump my current build then :P
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
likewise...

is it even intended that we even be able to maintain a max-level arctic armour? i have eldritch battery, 5 passives for mana regen, 3 pieces of equipment with >50% regen each, level 20 clarity and discipline (with EB)...

and then there's the catch-22: given all that dedicated mana and mana regen, I still need to run inner force for the clarity and discipline just to reach the regen / second needed to maintain level 20 AA before this fix.

you would need absolutely god-level equipment to have a chance now, and if you can afford god-level equipment, you dont need this defensive buff anyway.

i think the mana costs for this skill need reexamined and reigned back into the realm of mere mortals
ign: ThePerfectDefense; Time Zone: UTC-4
Last edited by infelicitas on May 21, 2013, 8:18:40 AM
This one of VERY few things that was equal to life node stacking, which just got destroyed.

I still couldn't perma-AA even before the changes with 100% mana regen from passives (was planning 140%) and 117% regen from items, clarity with inner focus and eldritch battery with hybrid ES items with extra ES / Mana.

I had to sacrifice every other stat and plan my tree around it just to have semi-working AA (heavily relaying on mana leech and lightning warp) and in act 3 merci have only 1916 hp which is ridiculously low not to mention that AA doesn't affect chaos or other elements. Plus, anything including AA in it's setup will not manage high level maps with regeneration mods.

Path of life nodes it is then!

IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Last edited by piotras on May 21, 2013, 7:58:50 AM
i got scared... til i logged in and see i still have far more mana regen than AA :3
s
great ;/

so now i use 206 mana per second instead of 173 with lv 14 AA

this is a bullshit change

i have 285% mana regen with EB and lv 20 clarity and i cant tank the degen.... that is bullshit... if i cant tank it at lv 14 then almost nobody can.

time to move exclusively with lighting warp
IGN: Turkey_turds, Lootsplosion_LvNINTHOUS, Who_Needs_pants_

Currently: OFFLINE
I agree that it's a bit much mana degen now.. Perhaps an increase of the effectiveness of the skill would be enough to compensate for the "fix"? :P
"
Satyricon wrote:
I agree that it's a bit much mana degen now.. Perhaps an increase of the effectiveness of the skill would be enough to compensate for the "fix"? :P

i'm not sure what the answer is either... i can understand having to build your character entirely around a skill OR having to get godly gear to make a non-specialized skill work, but not both.

i built with this skill as the cornerstone of my defenses, and i have not godly but still pretty damn good gear, which puts me at about 250 mana/second from level 20 clarity, discipline+EB, +282% mana regen

the sad thing is, if i drop the inner force cluster, my mana regen is still not enough to maintain AA due to the lost regen from the buff on clarity and EB+discipline
ign: ThePerfectDefense; Time Zone: UTC-4
Last edited by infelicitas on May 21, 2013, 3:07:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info