Might as well bring this up: PLEASE GIVE US A AUCTION HOUSE.

"
jackl101 wrote:
AH did not destroy D3, developer willingness to exploit low droprates & sparse itemization for maximum AH transactions did.

Blame the market, not the exchange.

Having an AH without low drop rates in a game with no resets will produce rapid, massive item inflation (which happened anyway due to the rampant use of exploits).

AH did a lot to destroy the fun of D3 for me, as I feel like the AH is the meta-game, while farming is just a means of playing the AH. Thanks to the dev's for not even considering putting it in here. A trade channel and/or in game trade posting board would be plenty. The browser based trade system is icing on the cake.

As to the general chat spam, I think it would be great if there were different, static general chat channels that would limit the number of people in each room. Static so that you would get used to seeing the same people in a certain room, fostering the community. Right now, it seems like there are too many people during peak hours.
Current IGNs:
Smoothjazzz - 61 Summoner Templar (Default)
PostHardcore - 52 2H Marauder (Hardcore) (RIP)
PointBlaurader - 68 Bowrauder (Hardcore)
"
GustavoM wrote:
This Is a online game. Interaction with other players In inevitable; altogether with someone selling a better item than yours.

So If this Is a major concern to you, my friend... I suggest you to play a offline ARPG and rely your "efforts" somewhere else.

It's not about player interaction. It's about non interaction, which is what an auction house delivers. Anonymous, boring trades the system makes for you. Combined with the mentioned ability to get items in the AH much more reliable than by gathering them yourself, this is definitely a major concern.
"
GustavoM wrote:
Don't say about "ruining immersion" or "nostalgia" excuses: Cash shop didn't existed back In D2, and now It does. Deal with It.

Auction House will soften and reduce dramatically all WTB/WTS spam and any question regarding orbs and ratios.

Please add It to your game, GGG.

With love,
Everyone who wants a stress-free game.

You don't trivialize your core gameplay systems just to reduce trade spam in general chat.

Not sure what you're referring to with "cash shop" but on the short list of games not to emulate: D3.
"
fearthebowtie wrote:
Forcing people to socialize and barter for items will always create a better system for smaller community games.

Maybe I totally misreaded or lost the point here, but this Is the same as you said that "Frustation Is better for everyone".

Well, you said It yourself, anyways... that "forcing" something against one's will makes everything "better".

If that's the case, I don't have anything else to say about this.

"
golem09 wrote:
It's about non interaction, which is what an auction house delivers.

The game will not be based only on AH, If It gets implemented someday. It's not a core feature, that the game depends on order to work properly.

And you again emphatized this "AH will make everything else easy" appeal. Again, the same players you will find selling stuff on the AH, you will find em online right now. Nothing will change. You said It In a way that AH will increase the drop rates or anything of the like.

It will reduce all the unecessary spam, for a much cleaner game. It's a necessity.

And I don't know why there are people basing his AH concepts on Diablo 3 only. Auction House Is not all about RMAH, but normal ingame trades too.
What I have suggested so far:
http://tinyurl.com/bwas8ss
http://tinyurl.com/d6zmjfk
http://tinyurl.com/cpcvb3j
http://tinyurl.com/d6zmjfk
http://tinyurl.com/d7l766l
http://tinyurl.com/cho7syo http://tinyurl.com/cnywxdx http://tinyurl.com/crynzfh
"
GustavoM wrote:
Spoiler
Don't say about "ruining immersion" or "nostalgia" excuses: Cash shop didn't existed back In D2, and now It does. Deal with It.

Auction House will soften and reduce dramatically all WTB/WTS spam and any question regarding orbs and ratios.

Please add It to your game, GGG.

With love,
Everyone who wants a stress-free game.

I really don't want an AH. Help enhance trading among players, but an AH is a step too far. You either end up with it being too easy to obtain great items, or you compensate by setting drop rates abysmally low.
why are you guys and dolls going on and on with this . Chris stated no AH , so nothing else to talk about then
"
galox wrote:
why are you guys and dolls going on and on with this . Chris stated no AH , so nothing else to talk about then

I'm very new to the community. Thanks for posting this.
"
GustavoM wrote:
"
fearthebowtie wrote:
Forcing people to socialize and barter for items will always create a better system for smaller community games.

Maybe I totally misreaded or lost the point here, but this Is the same as you said that "Frustation Is better for everyone".

Well, you said It yourself, anyways... that "forcing" something against one's will makes everything "better".

If that's the case, I don't have anything else to say about this.

"
golem09 wrote:

The game will not be based only on AH, If It gets implemented someday. It's not a core feature, that the game depends on order to work properly.

And you again emphatized this "AH will make everything else easy" appeal. Again, the same players you will find selling stuff on the AH, you will find em online right now. Nothing will change. You said It In a way that AH will increase the drop rates or anything of the like.

It will reduce all the unecessary spam, for a much cleaner game. It's a necessity.

And I don't know why there are people basing his AH concepts on Diablo 3 only. Auction House Is not all about RMAH, but normal ingame trades too.

Not including an auction house doesn't force anyone to barter/socialize, it just means that there isn't an auction house: how you get items is up to you.

Think of it this way:

You want to make a nice breakfast and you need bread, eggs, bacon, and orange juice. But there's no money - you can't just walk into a grocery store and pick up what you need. Luckily, you have some sweet lunch items already that you weren't really planning to eat, but you know others would likely eat.

It turns out that your buddy already had some extra bread and he gave some to you, and that farmer you always see hanging out in the same place in town every day was willing to trade you some eggs for the newspaper you were carrying; two items checked off the list! You still need bacon and OJ, so you ask around and it turns out there's a place where everyone goes to make trades and barter! You show up, announce what you have, and before you know it you realize that people need to eat lunch just like you need to eat breakfast. You trade your lunch meat for the bacon ("what a fool, trading bacon for lunch meat!" you think to yourself), and you trade some cheese for some orange juice...and you've done it!

Grocery Aisle of Exile - coming soon!
no no no no no! its bad enough diablo 3 catered to the WoW crowed, we dont need path of exile trying to be diablo 3. no no no no no no no!

no auction house of any kind! i love player based trade, and player based communication. i dont want to ignore the community, i want to be involved with the community.

no auction house!
support - grinding gear games, cdprojekt, runic games, clockstone, larian studios, south peak games, crate entertainment, invision games (on facebook), localize dragonquest anniversery (facebook).
"
GustavoM wrote:
"
golem09 wrote:

I'm not basing this on D3 at all. But EVERY game where an auction house exists, is automatically based around it. You can't do anything about it.

1. In an auction house you would have to have standardized prizes, or at least prizes the one who put it in demands. This alone is simply unacceptable. I JUST had an ingame trade where I traded something I thought I would never give away to someone who never thought he would ask for it. Not possible with AH.

2. You don't have to be online. That's the whole reason to make an auction house, to sell stuff while the player is away. So there are more people that those who I currently see.

3. In an online game where everybody plays in the same world it is pretty much impossible not to use the AH. And it DOES completely break the ingame mechanic of item gathering. Tradres between players have to be an OCCASIONAL event, not something you routinely check of like repairing gear in other game.

I would almost go as far as saying that there should be a chat trade channel, that you can only use in towns.
Finding new gear through trading should take a substantial amount of time and concentration and consist of actually talking to people, not checking lists.
You can go play Microsoft Excel if you have fun with those things.

EDIT:
To repost it at least once per page:

"
Chris wrote:
there will not be an Auction House in PoE

Last edited by golem09 on Jul 9, 2012, 3:26:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info