Chaos Acolyte [Poison Arrow, Viper Strike, Shock] [IR/EB/MoM/AA] Potential 1.2.0 Tree in Latest Post

Yes it is substantially buffed and I plan to come back to the game to play this build in Invasion. I won't update the fully yet (I did a little bit) but here's the gist of changes:

It seems to be better to start as a Witch rather than Ranger for a Mind over Matter version. Here's the ideal tree.

Arc Traps would be used to shock enemies rather than Shock Nova because of its great buff. I imagine the ideal 5L would be Arc (with 20% quality) + Trap + Added Lightning Damage (with 20% quality) + Elemental Proliferation + Lightning Penetration.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Apr 12, 2014, 6:09:00 AM
I've updated the guide slightly, including the latest version of the tree. Amongst the changes is new damage estimations for Poison Arrow:

"
With Remote Mine
  • Level 24: 33822.28 DPS against cursed enemies, 29941.42 DPS against enemies not cursed.
  • Level 25: 38791.87 DPS against cursed enemies, 34340.79 DPS against enemies not cursed.
  • Level 26: 44472.14 DPS against cursed enemies, 39369.29 DPS against enemies not cursed.

Without Remote Mine
  • Level 24: 18728 DPS against cursed enemies, 16579.1 DPS against enemies not cursed.
  • Level 25: 21479.76 DPS against cursed enemies, 19015.11 DPS against enemies not cursed.
  • Level 26: 24625.02 DPS against cursed enemies, 21799.49 DPS against enemies not cursed.

Remote Mine is usually only useful in rare cases, such as against tough singular enemies (bosses, exiles, invaders, etc.). However you like the playstyle it's certain worth using because the nearly-doubled damage.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Apr 14, 2014, 4:06:30 AM
What up man. Can you post how you are calculating these? Also any chance you can calculate what the dps would be traditional with no trap?

When are we going to get map vids :)
Hey man. I'm just about to reach Merciless Act 3 and have just gotten a Carcass Jack. My bow is only a 4L with +2 to Bow Gems so I'm saving up for a +1/+2 5L so I can fit Empower in and I don't have Mind over Matter or Discipline running yet. The damage is already very good (even in parties!) though.

I have the full calculation up here. The Viper Strike calculation is outdated at the moment.

If you don't use Trap you'd be losing out on a lot of damage because there aren't many good ways to scale the poison cloud, especially when it comes to support gems. You'd also want to invest in a little bit of attack speed, or would need a decent base attack speed.

The trap nodes are also very close to the necessary nodes, and you can also double dip their increases when fighting bosses if you switch Remote Mine in for Concentrated Effect (4L/5L) or Increased Area of Effect (6L). I'll do a non-trap calculation if you aren't already convinced. :p

As for map vids, hopefully soon. I just want to get to an appropriate level (72 or so, which is when I usually stop farming the Docks) before starting them. I will probably do some more streaming in the meantime.
same name in-game
Alright so I'm currently farming Piety very easily with this setup at level 76 in Invasion:

Equipment

As you can see, I'm using very cheap gear other than the Carcass Jack and only have a 4L for Poison Arrow and no Empower for Viper Strike yet. I'm saving up for a +1/+2 Bow, which there are very little of on the market.

Soon I'll have a video up and will stream more. I'm stuck on Windows 8 for the moment because the Windows 7 installation keeps screwing up somehow. If you don't know already, 8 is ass for streaming. Other than that it also causes crashes for me for no apparent reason.
same name in-game
Cool. Was more asking the exact way you would calculate this. I keep trying to recreate what you have calculated for dps in theory and cant replicate. Ex: A+(B*C)= DPS etc. Also, let me know if you need help in invasion. See ya out there :)
Oh alright, I see what you're saying. In the "Damage Output" section I take all the available variations of "increased damage" modifiers and add them up, and then multiply them by the individual "more damage" modifiers from support gems. For the Remote Mine version I simply include the modifiers only available to mines. This gives us the multipliers to apply to the different base damages for different levels of Poison Arrow.

For the "Damage Input" section I take all "damage taken" modifiers and apply them to the aforementioned multipliers. This gives us the multiplier for damage against, in this case, shocked and cursed enemies. I shock everything easily so I included that in the final "Damage Multiplied" section, and have separate numbers listed for curse immune enemies.

Anyways, I finally got a +3 Bow! But not just any +3-- it's 5L too. In fact, if my memory serves me well, I think this one might've been yours MrButters?

I spent most of my currency (6ex worth of Chaos Orbs) buying it so I don't have an Empower yet, but I can easily notice the damage boost from just one level.
same name in-game
Looks great! Thanks for sharing
No problem. Thank you!

I'll be spending some time tonight to fully update the guide and maybe make a video to demonstrate the build.
same name in-game
Just started playing this build as witch on Invasion. Hopefully it will keep me alive :- D if you could please make a passive skills leveling order (or at least quickly write what to invest first) I'd be very grateful! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info